{Complete} Say and Seal Vol. 2 by Susan Warner - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Say and Seal Vol. 2 by Susan Warner and others.

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/say-and-seal-volume-2-by-anna-bartlett-warner/

Summary from Vol. 1 The arrival of a new schoolteacher causes quite a stir in the small New England town of Pattaquasset, not the least of it in the house of Mrs. Derrick and her daughter, where the young man boards. Mr. Linden's idea of teaching stretches far beyond the dusty walls of his classroom, and he is not slow in finding much work to be done for his Master. The schoolboys are soon captivated by their new teacher, and Miss Faith Derrick quickly joins the ranks of his eager pupils.

But Mr. Linden is not the only man in Pattaquasset who is attracted to the bright young woman, and his rivals have no intention of letting him carry the field unopposed. When perplexities and dangers begin to multiply, will Faith have the strength to stay true to her heart--and to her newfound Lord? (Summary by BookAngel7) Summary of Vol. 2 to follow. ( )
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28545
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Anna Bartlett Warner) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Bartlett_Warner
    7. Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Susan Warner) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Warner
    8. Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    9. Number of sections (files) this project will have: 47
    10. Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    11. Original publication date (if known):
    12. If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Romance

Keywords that describe the book: romance, christian fiction

============================================
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  • DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Section [number] of Say and Seal Vol. 2. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Say and Seal Vol. 2, by Susan Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner [Chapter name from MW]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Say and Seal Vol. 2, by Susan Warner and Anna Bartlett Warner. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    sayandsealvol2_##_warner_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. sayandsealvol2_01_warner_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I am very happy to BC, but if anyone else wants to DPL that would be great :)
~Tiffany
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

fiddlesticks wrote: April 21st, 2020, 1:15 pm I am very happy to BC, but if anyone else wants to DPL that would be great :)
OK, I'll remove your name 8-)
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thanks, Craigdav1 pled the first one so maybe he is interested in pling this one as well..
~Tiffany
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I'll take sections 1 and 34, and I'll catch more later, assuming they don't all fly away in the next 6 weeks. :)
~Lynette * - family visiting, very slow response and PL work until the 22nd.
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

fiddlesticks wrote: April 21st, 2020, 1:22 pm Thanks, Craigdav1 pled the first one so maybe he is interested in pling this one as well..
He is to busy right now, so we are on the lookout for a DPL.
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

LCaulkins wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:01 am I'll take sections 1 and 34, and I'll catch more later, assuming they don't all fly away in the next 6 weeks. :)
Sounds great! I will assign those to you :D
~Tiffany
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

fiddlesticks wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:11 am
fiddlesticks wrote: April 21st, 2020, 1:22 pm Thanks, Craigdav1 pled the first one so maybe he is interested in pling this one as well..
He is to busy right now, so we are on the lookout for a DPL.
I can PL for a bit.
ggatchel

Post by ggatchel »

I'd be willing to DPL or help with PLing- whichever works. I ended up with a lot of free time on my hands, so whatever you need!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you! if you want to DPL that would be great!
I see you have offered to PL a few things, just make sure you don't overwhelm yourself! keep in mind these projects can go on for a long time, though hopefully not to long! :wink:
And welcome to LibriVox! :D
~Tiffany
ggatchel

Post by ggatchel »

fiddlesticks wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 11:03 am Thank you! if you want to DPL that would be great!
I see you have offered to PL a few things, just make sure you don't overwhelm yourself! keep in mind these projects can go on for a long time, though hopefully not to long! :wink:
Thank you! I'm trying to keep myself busy so I am ready to commit wherever I can help.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ggatchel wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 11:07 am
fiddlesticks wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 11:03 am Thank you! if you want to DPL that would be great!
Thank you! I'm trying to keep myself busy so I am ready to commit wherever I can help.
As Tiffany said, being a DPL is a big commitment (Volume 1 took almost 6 years, although that is longer than usual!). Why don’t you try a couple of sections before deciding if you want to make that kind of commitment. I understand that during lockdown, a number of us have plenty of time, but that won’t last forever, and everyone will go back to work/school.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

That sounds like a good plan to do a few chapters before you decide for sure if you want to DPL, we do not want to discourage you! It can just be surprising how much time and commitment is required.
~Tiffany
ggatchel

Post by ggatchel »

fiddlesticks wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 11:51 am That sounds like a good plan to do a few chapters before you decide for sure if you want to DPL, we do not want to discourage you! It can just be surprising how much time and commitment is required.
I'm comfortable with that as well, whatever works best for you!