duration: 37:44
Thank you
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

fshort wrote: September 13th, 2020, 3:21 pm chapter 21

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_21_conquest_128kb.mp3
duration: 37:44
PL OK :thumbs:
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
ajefferies

Post by ajefferies »

Thank you so much for your patience. I usually don't take this long, but I had to start preparing early for school, then got to babysit our grandbaby, then my son got married. Doing inperson and virtual is still crazy, so I'll be gone for a bit. I've enjoyed the two books I've done with you, so hopefully we'll meet up again soon.

time is 20.43.61

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/zarahthecruel_17_conquest_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ajefferies wrote: September 20th, 2020, 1:44 pm Thank you so much for your patience. I usually don't take this long, but I had to start preparing early for school, then got to babysit our grandbaby, then my son got married. Doing inperson and virtual is still crazy, so I'll be gone for a bit. I've enjoyed the two books I've done with you, so hopefully we'll meet up again soon.

time is 20.43.61

Thank you.
Yes, life sometimes gets in the way! We get it. Best wishes to you son and his wife. (My daughter got married this summer, with most of the family watching via Zoom :? )
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

ajefferies wrote: September 20th, 2020, 1:44 pm Thank you so much for your patience. I usually don't take this long, but I had to start preparing early for school, then got to babysit our grandbaby, then my son got married. Doing inperson and virtual is still crazy, so I'll be gone for a bit. I've enjoyed the two books I've done with you, so hopefully we'll meet up again soon.

time is 20.43.61

PL notes: there are pauses at 5:25 and 13:18.
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
ajefferies

Post by ajefferies »

I am so sorry about the pauses, and so stressed. I went to try to fix them, but the file is corrupt. I've been using audacity for a few class recordings, and I'm not sure what happened. I would re-record it, but I have absolutely zero time. I am teaching both in class and virtual. I love my job, but I am seriously buring the candle and both ends and the middle. Is there any way that someone else can edit it with what I have, or does it have to be done from my end? I belive in following through, so if it comes to it, I will record it again. I could possibly have it done by the end of the month. Just let me know.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ajefferies wrote: October 5th, 2020, 6:52 pm I am so sorry about the pauses, and so stressed. I went to try to fix them, but the file is corrupt. I've been using audacity for a few class recordings, and I'm not sure what happened. I would re-record it, but I have absolutely zero time. I am teaching both in class and virtual. I love my job, but I am seriously buring the candle and both ends and the middle. Is there any way that someone else can edit it with what I have, or does it have to be done from my end? I belive in following through, so if it comes to it, I will record it again. I could possibly have it done by the end of the month. Just let me know.
Don’t panic! My daughter teaches, too, so I understand the stress.
I will see what I can do tomorrow.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 17 edited 8-)
ajefferies

Post by ajefferies »

You are a wonderful, wonderful human being!!! A million thanks!!! I will be back, but it may not be before summer. Looks like we are in this for the long haul. I'm teaching both in person and virtually. Hope all is going well for your daughter.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have an orphan!
drwebber

Post by drwebber »

Well, we can't leave this work orphaned.

It's been a while, but I'd like to take XVIII (18), if that's okay.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

drwebber wrote: November 24th, 2020, 6:56 am Well, we can't leave this work orphaned.

It's been a while, but I'd like to take XVIII (18), if that's okay.
More than ok!
Thoria

Post by Thoria »

I claim chapter XIX.
This is my first recording. Wish me luck 8-)
I believe I'm supposed to record the chapter at once and not in bits?
Last edited by Thoria on November 25th, 2020, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Can I have XX?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thoria wrote: November 25th, 2020, 6:49 pm I claim chapter XIX.
This is my first recording. Wish me luck 8-)
I believe I'm supposed to record the chapter at once and not in bits?
Welcome! Please be sure to read the first post.

It is best if you can record in one sitting, but if you need to take a short break, it is best to pause the recording rather than stop.