Complete [NOVEL] Children Of The Abbey By Regina Maria Roche-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/childrenoftheabbey_9_roche_128kb.mp3

Here is the link to Chapter 9. Let me know if I need to Amplify thanks! 24:07
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks. Would you like to continue with chapter 11?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

This was a fun read. May I request Chapter 10?
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

That was fast! Yes!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Divamomarv wrote: July 27th, 2020, 10:09 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/childrenoftheabbey_9_roche_128kb.mp3

Here is the link to Chapter 9. Let me know if I need to Amplify thanks! 24:07
heyho,

thank you for the nice recording.
you were reading with heart :clap:

i have two remarks:

1. the big confusion:
you claimed section 11, that is chapter 9, but the filename says you read section 9 (chapter 9 would be chapter 7, part 2).
by the way: please, always use the filename as suggested - in this case, if uploading chapter 9, the correct filename would be a two digits 09: childrenoftheabbey_09_roche_128kb.mp3

--> you read chapter 9
--> amy will have to take care of the filename when cataloguing this.

stav: for now, i changed the mw entries to help to correct them - hope, you are ok with that. i didn't do the bc work and didn't remove the username or changed the status of section 9 = chapter 7, part 2.

as another remark: i fear, the confusion continues regarding the claimed section of today in the morning.

2. you were working with your voice - that is great! one can feel you are having fun with reading :-D
if i may help regarding the volume...
in case you want to express a loud voice, a cry, shouting: try to get more distance to the microphone. some words are more than 10 db too loud (that is a lot).
and when getting away from the mic, you keep "the sound of shouting" and at the same time, you can keep the volume a bit down.
another possible way in case you like editing: you can mark such spikes in volume and amplify them down (negative numbers do that).
nothing to do with the pl result, just trying to help :-)

checker and pl section 11 = chapter 9 are ok!
:clap:

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
vendres

Post by vendres »

Hi, may I claim sections 12 and 13?
Thank you :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Venders,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapters 12 and 13 are all yours. Before you proceed, please do the following:
1. Please submit a one- minute sampal recording, to make sure your technical settings are all correct.
2. Please let us know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue and if you have a personal url which you would like us to link to your name.
If you have questions, please ask.
Stav.
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

Hi,

I am so sorry that I got the sections and chapters confused. I will take care to not mislabel as I read my next section. I'm not a newbie and haven't made that mistake before so I apologize. Thank you for the advice about amplifying down the spikes. I do a lot of editing but I didn't realize you could do Amplify the opposite way. I appreciate the help. I take my reading seriously - I'm also a performer by trade! Thanks for the compliments!

Best
Divamomarv

Post by Divamomarv »

Hi again,

I just want to clarify before I record that you've assigned me Chapter 11 which is section 13. That's correct,yes? It's in the thread but not changed in the Magic Window.

Thanks again!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Mw fixed.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It isn't really fixed wholly.
Did you assign Divamomarv Section 12 which is Chapter 10, and/or Section 13 that is Chapter 11?
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok, I got very confused myself. Venders claimed 12 and 13, which is I think chapters 10 and 11. However, I offered Divanamar chapter 11 (section 13) before Venders came along. So, Venders, would chapters 10 and 12 be ok for you instedd?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Okay. Divamomrav read Section 11, which was Chapter 9. That is the only file completed this point. Let's see if we can sort this out before anyone reads anything else. I cleared out the claims for the sections involved to work on fixing it.
Here is the breakdown.
Section 12 = Chapter 10
Section 13 = Chapter 11
Section 14 = Chapter 12 Part 1
Section 15 = Chapter 12 Part 2
Section 16 = Chapter 13 Part 1
Section 17 = Chapter 13 Part 2.

Stav, it is in your hands now to assign them. I hope this helps.
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

So I would like to ask both readers which sections they ment to record and I will sign them up on the baces of first comes first served.