jrutman7 wrote: ↑
December 25th, 2020, 3:09 pm
Warm wishes and happy holidays to you, too!
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I have uploaded my 1 minute test to the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum (https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jrutman7.mp3
, 00:24); with your OK, I am ready to get started on the sections!
good morning and my best warm wishes to you, too!
a wonderful recording with a warning hint by checker - your 1 minute test recording is PL OK!
explanation: we have a software tool most of us use, it is called checker and i think it is linked in our wiki. it tested your file ok with a warning about the background noise.
i didn't hear any, and looked up your file in audacity.
you have less than two seconds of ending silence (standard for librivox recordings are always to leave 5 seconds of silence at the end), and that should be the cause for that false positive. on the other hand, in the ending silence, i saw some sound waves.
so some breathing noises or background noises may be an aspect, too.
i really do think, that your recording is ok, but please: keep an eye on such aspects and try noise reduction, in case you get that pl feedback. for now and because i know, that checker doesn't like too short ending silences...nothing left to do regarding the test
1. lease tell me the name you want to publish in the catalogue (and mention in the recordings, if you wish so):
- every reader gets a catalogue page.
- your catalogue name can be an alias, your forum name or your real name (or something else) (if you want to read a name in the recordings, it should be the catalogue name - but this is recommended, only. on librivox, we have less rules which are absolutely necessary, than i expected as a new user)
- it offers some additional functionalities (for yourself, as a reader): an overview over your claims, eg.
- we can publish a link to a homepage or a blog, if existing and you wish to do so
--> please tell me your name in the catalogue (with punctuation) and a link (if any)
2. please, begin to record
so fast and so good your 1 minute test!