[Group] Essays on Art by Goethe-ag

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
schrm
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » June 30th, 2020, 12:53 pm

gondola wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 12:37 pm
Hi

Can I read sections 29, 30 and 33 please. Thanks.

Florence
hello florence,

welcome to goethe on arts :-)

29, 30 and 33 are yours!
thank you very much for your claims!

cheers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, rousseau

elenaisrad
Posts: 14
Joined: April 1st, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by elenaisrad » July 1st, 2020, 3:14 pm

cadastra wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 12:09 pm
Section 10 PL notes:
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 11.4 seconds)
Volume is too high, 87-91 dB acceptable (currently 95.3 dB) - you'll need to de-amplify the file by -6.3 using Effect > Amplify in Audacity

Section 11 PL notes:
Missing "End of Section 11" at end
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 7.4 seconds)
Volume OK

Once you have made the above changes, re-upload using the same file names. Post in this thread when you have uploaded the edited files and include the new file durations. Wonderful reading, Elena!
Here is Section 10 again, after notes: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_10_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length = 10:35

elenaisrad
Posts: 14
Joined: April 1st, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by elenaisrad » July 1st, 2020, 4:04 pm

cadastra wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 12:09 pm
Section 10 PL notes:
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 11.4 seconds)
Volume is too high, 87-91 dB acceptable (currently 95.3 dB) - you'll need to de-amplify the file by -6.3 using Effect > Amplify in Audacity

Section 11 PL notes:
Missing "End of Section 11" at end
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 7.4 seconds)
Volume OK

Once you have made the above changes, re-upload using the same file names. Post in this thread when you have uploaded the edited files and include the new file durations. Wonderful reading, Elena!
Here is Section 11 again, after notes: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_11_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length: 10:49

elenaisrad
Posts: 14
Joined: April 1st, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by elenaisrad » July 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm

elenaisrad wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:39 am
Hi!

I would like to take sections 11, 12 and 13 if they haven't been requested yet. Thank you!
Here is Section 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_12_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length: 8:02

elenaisrad
Posts: 14
Joined: April 1st, 2020, 11:35 am

Post by elenaisrad » July 1st, 2020, 5:05 pm

elenaisrad wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:39 am
Hi!

I would like to take sections 11, 12 and 13 if they haven't been requested yet. Thank you!
Here is Section 13: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_13_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length: 6:38

alanmapstone
Posts: 1734
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » July 1st, 2020, 10:25 pm

Can I read section 54 (Uncle)?
There seem to be some lines for a character called Julia but no section for her.
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

schrm
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » July 2nd, 2020, 12:08 am

alanmapstone wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 10:25 pm
Can I read section 54 (Uncle)?
There seem to be some lines for a character called Julia but no section for her.
1. 54 is yours!
2. you are right, julia is saying two times a line. i add her section to the cast list! (goood, that these sections get deleted, anyways :-) )
thank you for telling me!

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, rousseau

schrm
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » July 2nd, 2020, 12:21 am

elenaisrad wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 3:14 pm
cadastra wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 12:09 pm
Section 10 PL notes:
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 11.4 seconds)
Volume is too high, 87-91 dB acceptable (currently 95.3 dB) - you'll need to de-amplify the file by -6.3 using Effect > Amplify in Audacity

Section 11 PL notes:
Missing "End of Section 11" at end
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 7.4 seconds)
Volume OK

Once you have made the above changes, re-upload using the same file names. Post in this thread when you have uploaded the edited files and include the new file durations. Wonderful reading, Elena!
Here is Section 10 again, after notes: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_10_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length = 10:35
elenaisrad wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:04 pm
cadastra wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 12:09 pm
Section 10 PL notes:
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 11.4 seconds)
Volume is too high, 87-91 dB acceptable (currently 95.3 dB) - you'll need to de-amplify the file by -6.3 using Effect > Amplify in Audacity

Section 11 PL notes:
Missing "End of Section 11" at end
Too much silence at end; 5 seconds will suffice (currently 7.4 seconds)
Volume OK

Once you have made the above changes, re-upload using the same file names. Post in this thread when you have uploaded the edited files and include the new file durations. Wonderful reading, Elena!
Here is Section 11 again, after notes: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_11_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length: 10:49
elenaisrad wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm
elenaisrad wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:39 am
Hi!

I would like to take sections 11, 12 and 13 if they haven't been requested yet. Thank you!
Here is Section 12: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_12_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length: 8:02
elenaisrad wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 5:05 pm
elenaisrad wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 11:39 am
Hi!

I would like to take sections 11, 12 and 13 if they haven't been requested yet. Thank you!
Here is Section 13: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/essaysonart_13_goethe_128kb.mp3

Length: 6:38
all entered and changed!
thank you elena!
:-D

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, rousseau


schrm
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » July 7th, 2020, 12:46 pm

many thx :-D
data is entered, status ready for pl!

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, rousseau

schrm
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » July 7th, 2020, 12:48 pm

for the records:
absed didn't read the pm, didn't answer here.
sections 40+41 are free to claim again!

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, rousseau

schrm
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » July 7th, 2020, 1:03 pm

smeats wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 12:38 pm
Could I claim section 24? This will be my first contribution to librivox and I'd like to use my username 'smeats' for the catalogue.
hello smeats,

you claimed this section two months ago.
do you want to read this, still?
please post an update in the project thread or answer per pm :-)
thx in advance!

cheers,

sent per pm, also

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!


en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, rousseau

Post Reply