[HISTORY] The Cambridge Modern History. Volume 01, The Renaissance-Leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
Cardinals2020
Posts: 25
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Post by Cardinals2020 » April 29th, 2020, 3:28 pm

Hello,

My name is Eric. My username is Cardinals2020. I just joined Librivox, and would like to make a claim to narrate from this book Section 6 - Chapter II "The New World" by E.J. Payne (part 1) pp.37 - 47, to ..."the ultimate extension over the whole globe of the Catholic faith".

This will be my first reading for Librivox. If chosen, I'd like my reader name as Eric W.

Thank you,

Eric W.

Kazbek
Posts: 1243
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 29th, 2020, 4:14 pm

Cardinals2020 wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Hello,

My name is Eric. My username is Cardinals2020. I just joined Librivox, and would like to make a claim to narrate from this book Section 6 - Chapter II "The New World" by E.J. Payne (part 1) pp.37 - 47, to ..."the ultimate extension over the whole globe of the Catholic faith".

This will be my first reading for Librivox. If chosen, I'd like my reader name as Eric W.

Thank you,

Eric W.


Thanks, Eric! I see you've already done your 1-minute test. :thumbs: The section has been assigned to you.

I've entered your reader name as "Eric W.", with the dot at the end. I'm not entirely sure if that was your intention, so if you'd like to change that, please let me know. Here's your reader page:

https://librivox.org/reader/14195

Michael

Cardinals2020
Posts: 25
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 3:49 pm

Post by Cardinals2020 » April 29th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Thanks, Michael!

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6351
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » April 30th, 2020, 12:23 am

I would like sections 23 to 25, please.

Kristine :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kazbek
Posts: 1243
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 30th, 2020, 6:03 am

Kikisaulite wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 12:23 am
I would like sections 23 to 25, please.

Kristine :)
Thanks, Kristine! :)

Michael

drlyndon
Posts: 35
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 7:24 pm

Post by drlyndon » April 30th, 2020, 6:38 am

Hello,

Are Chapters 7 and 8 still available? If so I will take them. If not you can assign me 2 chapters.

Thanks

Lyndon

Kazbek
Posts: 1243
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 30th, 2020, 7:07 am

drlyndon wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 6:38 am
Hello,

Are Chapters 7 and 8 still available? If so I will take them. If not you can assign me 2 chapters.

Thanks

Lyndon
Thanks, Lyndon! Another reader claimed chapter 7 just before you, but I've assigned you chapter 8. Would you like to start with that (it's 35 dense pages) or claim another chapter right away?

Michael

drlyndon
Posts: 35
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 7:24 pm

Post by drlyndon » April 30th, 2020, 7:26 am

Hi Michael, Yikes 35 pages! Is there a shorter one to kick-off?

Thanks

Kazbek
Posts: 1243
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 30th, 2020, 7:43 am

drlyndon wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 7:26 am
Hi Michael, Yikes 35 pages! Is there a shorter one to kick-off?

Thanks
Chapter 10 is the shortest at 18 pages. Alternatively, you could start with part 1 of chapter 8, which is 10 pages long.

Michael

drlyndon
Posts: 35
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 7:24 pm

Post by drlyndon » April 30th, 2020, 7:57 am

Hi Michael,

I will take 10 if that is OK. My time commitments are up and down right now and I don't want to promise something and not get it done. :)

So please confirm 10 and I will get started.

Thanks

Lyndon

Kazbek
Posts: 1243
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 30th, 2020, 8:02 am

drlyndon wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 7:57 am
Hi Michael,

I will take 10 if that is OK. My time commitments are up and down right now and I don't want to promise something and not get it done. :)

So please confirm 10 and I will get started.

Thanks

Lyndon
Confirmed! :) Thanks, Lyndon.

Michael

drlyndon
Posts: 35
Joined: August 21st, 2019, 7:24 pm

Post by drlyndon » April 30th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Thanks

cadastra
Posts: 628
Joined: March 19th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Post by cadastra » May 3rd, 2020, 5:27 pm

RuthP wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 9:19 am
Here is section 47:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemodernhistory1_47_128kb.mp3

Length: 34.32
Section 47 is PL OK.

RuthP
Posts: 183
Joined: November 27th, 2018, 7:54 am

Post by RuthP » May 4th, 2020, 12:22 am

Section 48 please!

Kazbek
Posts: 1243
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » May 4th, 2020, 5:23 am

RuthP wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 12:22 am
Section 48 please!
Thanks!

Michael

Post Reply