COMPLETE [HISTORY]Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:27 am Hello.

I'd like to claim Sections 17 -21, please?
Excellent! Thank you!

Will you make the section breaks yourself, or would you like me to make suggestions?
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:51 am

Excellent! Thank you!

Will you make the section breaks yourself, or would you like me to make suggestions?
I'll do it while preparing the text.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:04 am
KevinS wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:51 am

Excellent! Thank you!

I'll do it while preparing the text.
Great! (8-9 pages for roughly 30 minutes, though I probably read slowly.)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:19 pm
I haven't worked everything out just yet, but why don't you take 0 and 4-6 for now. 4-6 will give you a whole chapter and you can divide it up however you'd like, trying to keep the sections below 40 minutes when possible. I'm guessing that 4-6 will take about 108 minutes in total.

I think that's what I would like to do and, ideally, folks will do a chapter at a time. That wouldn't be a requirement though. I just have to make the proper breaks and document them in the MW still. That will take up some time tomorrow, I imagine.
It is a long window to take care of, I know, so, not pushing, but just pointing out that we will need all the section titles filled in (with chapter name, part 1, part 2 etc.) because we get the cataloging titles from the window. :)
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: March 31st, 2020, 9:42 am
KevinS wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:19 pm
I haven't worked everything out just yet, but why don't you take 0 and 4-6 for now. 4-6 will give you a whole chapter and you can divide it up however you'd like, trying to keep the sections below 40 minutes when possible. I'm guessing that 4-6 will take about 108 minutes in total.

I think that's what I would like to do and, ideally, folks will do a chapter at a time. That wouldn't be a requirement though. I just have to make the proper breaks and document them in the MW still. That will take up some time tomorrow, I imagine.
It is a long window to take care of, I know, so, not pushing, but just pointing out that we will need all the section titles filled in (with chapter name, part 1, part 2 etc.) because we get the cataloging titles from the window. :)
I'm agonizingly slow, I know, but I should be done today.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Nah, it's okay. :) As I said, not pushing, just a reminder. And I guess we can move over to Readers Wanted, so hold on to your hats! :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
CJBURN

Post by CJBURN »

I'd like to read sections 35-6 (Chapter 10A). Please note that this is my first try, so I may need some coaching. I've read up on how to do this and my Audacity works. As I am in isolation (who isn't) I've got time to get going promptly. Please let me know if that works. Thanks, CJ
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

CJBURN wrote: March 31st, 2020, 11:19 am I'd like to read sections 35-6 (Chapter 10A). Please note that this is my first try, so I may need some coaching. I've read up on how to do this and my Audacity works. As I am in isolation (who isn't) I've got time to get going promptly. Please let me know if that works. Thanks, CJ
Welcome!

The first step is to test your equipment and settings with our one-minute test. (It's not an audition, so don't worry!)

I'm very happy to help you---and I, too, am isolated. I have lots of time available, though I spend half the day avoiding straightening up my library and writing all the letters I owe my friends.

Details about the one-minute test are in the welcoming e-mail message you should have received upon registering. If that's lost, just let me know and I'll track down the link for you. Also, start thinking now about how you would like to be known in our public catalog. I use KevinS for both the catalog and the message board, but you can choose nearly anything.
CJBURN

Post by CJBURN »

Thanks. CJB should do as a name. I'll make a test audio shortly. CJB
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay, we're open for claims for anyone who wants an entire chapter and for those individual sections for which I have marked its close. In masy cases, one must refer to the section before it to see clearly its beginning. Should you have any questions, please ask. And thank you!
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I'm torn between chapters 19 and 20. Can I claim both? It's about 55 pages total.

Michael
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kazbek wrote: March 31st, 2020, 5:52 pm I'm torn between chapters 19 and 20. Can I claim both? It's about 55 pages total.

Michael
You got 'em!
CJBURN

Post by CJBURN »

Hi Kevin,
I have made a test audio file. Not as simple as I expected as I think these blue snowballs have an issue generating the right decibel level.
I am able to log into the upload account. Who/where should I post the test file to?
Thanks, CJB
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

CJBURN wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:17 am Hi Kevin,
I have made a test audio file. Not as simple as I expected as I think these blue snowballs have an issue generating the right decibel level.
I am able to log into the upload account. Who/where should I post the test file to?
Thanks, CJB
You can post it here if you'd like. I'll give it a listen.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

CJBURN wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:17 am Hi Kevin,
Thanks, CJB
You should upload it to the tests-tests file. :)
Leni
=================