COMPLETE [HISTORY]Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm really not opposed to the reader providing the information given in the first section of each chapter to each section. My thought was that shorter sections would be easier for people to record and that the chapters would logically be heard as a whole. On second thought, I'm not sure that that is the best assumption to make. I think we should march on with what we have and not remove any of the 'extra' material some readers may give to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th parts of a chapter.

In the next volume, I will re-think the whole matter. Michael and you, pattymarie, have the right idea, I suspect.
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

RuthP wrote: August 18th, 2020, 6:54 am Here is section 45:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory1_45_bury_128kb.mp3

Length: 59.30
Thank you!

My, that was a long section!
JachinandBoaz

Post by JachinandBoaz »

KevinS wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:47 pm I'm really not opposed to the reader providing the information given in the first section of each chapter to each section. My thought was that shorter sections would be easier for people to record and that the chapters would logically be heard as a whole. On second thought, I'm not sure that that is the best assumption to make. I think we should march on with what we have and not remove any of the 'extra' material some readers may give to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th parts of a chapter.

In the next volume, I will re-think the whole matter. Michael and you, pattymarie, have the right idea, I suspect.
Hi Kevin -

What is the preferred ruling on this? I was going to work on my next section soon, which is the second part of a chapter. Should I incorporate the Chapter title and author in the intro and just say "End of Section 59" in the outro? Or should I just say "Section 59" in the intro and leave out the chapter information?

Daniel
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

JachinandBoaz wrote: August 18th, 2020, 7:46 am
KevinS wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:47 pm I'm really not opposed to the reader providing the information given in the first section of each chapter to each section. My thought was that shorter sections would be easier for people to record and that the chapters would logically be heard as a whole. On second thought, I'm not sure that that is the best assumption to make. I think we should march on with what we have and not remove any of the 'extra' material some readers may give to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th parts of a chapter.

Hi Kevin -

What is the preferred ruling on this? I was going to work on my next section soon, which is the second part of a chapter. Should I incorporate the Chapter title and author in the intro and just say "End of Section 59" in the outro? Or should I just say "Section 59" in the intro and leave out the chapter information?

Daniel
Whichever you prefer. My preference is still for option two.
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Section 46 please!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

RuthP wrote: August 19th, 2020, 6:14 am Section 46 please!
You are all signed up! Thank you!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 45' is PL OK. Thank you, Ruth.

Ill get to 67 tomorrow.
Pattymarie
JachinandBoaz

Post by JachinandBoaz »

Good afternoon -

Here is Section 59: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory_59_bury_128kb.mp3

Duration: 31:37

Daniel
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

JachinandBoaz wrote: August 25th, 2020, 2:28 pm Good afternoon -

Here is Section 59: https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/cambridgemedievalhistory_59_bury_128kb.mp3

Duration: 31:37

Daniel
Thank you!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 67 is PL OK. Thank you, Kazbek.
Pattymarie
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

pattymarie wrote:
It's such a comfort having you on board!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

KevinS wrote: August 25th, 2020, 3:00 pm
pattymarie wrote:
Oh, dear. I thought I'd been remiss not noticing these two files for several days. Just got the latest one and will get to it faster. :)
Pattymarie
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

pattymarie wrote: August 25th, 2020, 3:05 pm
KevinS wrote: August 25th, 2020, 3:00 pm
pattymarie wrote:
Oh, dear. I thought I'd been remiss not noticing these two files for several days. Just got the latest one and will get to it faster. :)
This project is going right along at a nice speed. It's like a pleasant cruise. Don't put yourself out for it. (Is that the expression?) I mean, don't worry too much.
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

KevinS wrote: August 25th, 2020, 3:08 pm

This project is going right along at a nice speed. It's like a pleasant cruise. Don't put yourself out for it. (Is that the expression?) I mean, don't worry too much.
Very nearly. We would probably say Don’t put yourself out too much or Don’t put yourself out over it rather than ‘for’ it. And yes, I know, English prepositional phrases...
regards
Jane Bennett