(Religion) The Catholic's Ready Answer by Rev. M.P. Hill - m8b1

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
plesmond
Posts: 14
Joined: January 4th, 2020, 10:05 am

Post by plesmond » November 2nd, 2020, 8:04 pm

m8b1 wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 1:11 pm
No need to re-record! You can just download it from the file you uploaded. If you can't figure out how to do it, I will fix it for you.
Okay, I'm sorry to be daft here, can't quite figure it out. I have the url that was created but I don't know how to download taht. It opens in a screen and autoplays but I can't seem to download it.

plesmond
Posts: 14
Joined: January 4th, 2020, 10:05 am

Post by plesmond » November 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm

Also, is it possible to record Ch. 37, Eugenics? Thanks

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 3rd, 2020, 7:12 am

plesmond wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 8:04 pm
m8b1 wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 1:11 pm
No need to re-record! You can just download it from the file you uploaded. If you can't figure out how to do it, I will fix it for you.
Okay, I'm sorry to be daft here, can't quite figure it out. I have the url that was created but I don't know how to download taht. It opens in a screen and autoplays but I can't seem to download it.
Are you using windows? You should be able to right click on the playing file and choose "save audio as" or something like that.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 3rd, 2020, 7:13 am

plesmond wrote:
November 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm
Also, is it possible to record Ch. 37, Eugenics? Thanks
Of course ~ thank you!

gondola
Posts: 85
Joined: August 22nd, 2019, 1:46 pm

Post by gondola » November 12th, 2020, 7:33 am


m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 12th, 2020, 12:44 pm

Thank you, Florence ~ it is PL OK!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3691
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 16th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Hi, Maria! I'm reading Section 33 and was wondering if you could help me figure out how to say a couple of abbreviated references at the end of quotes.

The first abbreviation I'm not sure how to pronounce is found after a quote from St. Ignatius of Antioch, at the very top of page 181: "'...Father raised to life again' (Ep. ad Smyrn, n. 7)." I'm not sure how to say the "Ep. ad Smyrn, n. 7" part. ("Epistle ad Smryn, number seven"?)

The second abbreviation follows a quote from a letter written by St. Irenæus. At the top of page 182: "'...and is a member of Him, will receive the gift of God, i.e., life everlasting?'—Adv. Hæres., V. c. 2."
Would you like to be a part of LibriVox's Christmas choir? This year, it's "Away in a Manger."

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 17th, 2020, 10:07 am

Twinkle88 wrote:
November 16th, 2020, 3:26 pm
Hi, Maria! I'm reading Section 33 and was wondering if you could help me figure out how to say a couple of abbreviated references at the end of quotes.

The first abbreviation I'm not sure how to pronounce is found after a quote from St. Ignatius of Antioch, at the very top of page 181: "'...Father raised to life again' (Ep. ad Smyrn, n. 7)." I'm not sure how to say the "Ep. ad Smyrn, n. 7" part. ("Epistle ad Smryn, number seven"?)

The second abbreviation follows a quote from a letter written by St. Irenæus. At the top of page 182: "'...and is a member of Him, will receive the gift of God, i.e., life everlasting?'—Adv. Hæres., V. c. 2."
Well, I cheated and googled to find out exactly where they were from. The first one is from here: https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm
I would read it as "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans Chapter 7" (or number 7)

The second one I believe is from "Against the Heresies, Volume 5, Chapter 2"

I hope this helps!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3691
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 17th, 2020, 5:46 pm

Would you like to be a part of LibriVox's Christmas choir? This year, it's "Away in a Manger."

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 18th, 2020, 8:30 am

Thank you ~ I will PL them shortly! :-)

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 18th, 2020, 1:21 pm

PL Note Section 33: Everything is great, except at 24:34 there is a clapping sound or something like it. :-)

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 18th, 2020, 1:47 pm

34 is PL OK!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3691
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 18th, 2020, 4:44 pm

m8b1 wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 1:21 pm
PL Note Section 33: Everything is great, except at 24:34 there is a clapping sound or something like it. :-)
Whoops! Here it is for spot PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/catholicsreadyanswer_33_hill_128kb.mp3 (31:26)
Would you like to be a part of LibriVox's Christmas choir? This year, it's "Away in a Manger."

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12242
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » November 19th, 2020, 7:38 am

Thank you, Twinkle ~ it is PL OK! :-)

Twinkle88
Posts: 3691
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » November 20th, 2020, 6:46 pm

I probably won't be able to get it read until January, but I'm interested in claiming Section 29 - Divorce.
Would you like to be a part of LibriVox's Christmas choir? This year, it's "Away in a Manger."

Post Reply