[ANIMALS]The Living Animals of the World, Volume 1: Mammals-Leni

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Rennis
Posts: 11
Joined: May 23rd, 2020, 3:19 am

Post by Rennis » June 1st, 2020, 3:28 am

Leni wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Hello, Rennis. We indeed have a DPLer! When in doubt about it, take a look at the window in the first post. When the project has a DPLer, it says so, right above the list of sections: "This project has a dedicated proof-listener who will listen to all sections:". Projects without a DPLer do not have that message in the window. :D
Oh, sorry about that: I now see where that sentence is in the Magic Window! I'll be more careful next time!
Thank you for letting me know, Leni! :)

bwaring
Posts: 14
Joined: January 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Post by bwaring » June 1st, 2020, 5:18 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 8:51 am
bwaring wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:31 am
Here's section 41! Duration 20:40

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_41_cornish_128kb.mp3

~Brittany
PL notes:
*Beginning silence is around 1.5 sec, so it'll need to be trimmed. (Somewhere between .5 - 1 second is ideal.)

*Background noise is high (~44 dB). If you look at the file in Audacity, you'll notice that the beginning silence still looks fairly bumpy. That'll work great for a noise profile, then be sure to select the entire file for the actual noise cleaning.

*For the intro ~0:26 I noticed you have "Chapter 13 continued". To be consistent with the rest of the project, it should be 'Section 41, The Yak, The Bison, The Buffaloes, The Tamarau and Anoa, The Musk-Ox'

Please make the corrections and repost here, then I'll do a final PL to make sure everything is good. I hope this doesn't look overwhelming to you! And I apologize for not getting back with you sooner! You really do have a lovely voice, so I hope you'll be doing a lot more recordings! :9: Lots of things will keep getting easier with time and experience, and it won't be long before you forget what all you went through getting to that point.

Thank you!
Thanks for the notes and the compliment! I'll get right on the changes!
~Brittany

bwaring
Posts: 14
Joined: January 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Post by bwaring » June 1st, 2020, 5:50 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 8:51 am
bwaring wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 10:31 am
Here's section 41! Duration 20:40

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_41_cornish_128kb.mp3

~Brittany
PL notes:
*Beginning silence is around 1.5 sec, so it'll need to be trimmed. (Somewhere between .5 - 1 second is ideal.)

*Background noise is high (~44 dB). If you look at the file in Audacity, you'll notice that the beginning silence still looks fairly bumpy. That'll work great for a noise profile, then be sure to select the entire file for the actual noise cleaning.

*For the intro ~0:26 I noticed you have "Chapter 13 continued". To be consistent with the rest of the project, it should be 'Section 41, The Yak, The Bison, The Buffaloes, The Tamarau and Anoa, The Musk-Ox'

Please make the corrections and repost here, then I'll do a final PL to make sure everything is good. I hope this doesn't look overwhelming to you! And I apologize for not getting back with you sooner! You really do have a lovely voice, so I hope you'll be doing a lot more recordings! :9: Lots of things will keep getting easier with time and experience, and it won't be long before you forget what all you went through getting to that point.

Thank you!
Ok, here's the new file for Section 41 with corrections, duration 21:28.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_41_cornish_128kb.mp3

And for Section 42, duration 16:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_42_cornish_128kb.mp3

Let me know if I did everything right this time. :)

~Brittany

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1021
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » June 2nd, 2020, 3:13 pm

bwaring wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 5:50 pm

Ok, here's the new file for Section 41 with corrections, duration 21:28.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_41_cornish_128kb.mp3

And for Section 42, duration 16:03
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_42_cornish_128kb.mp3

Let me know if I did everything right this time. :)

~Brittany
You did well on those, but I do have a few changes for you to make yet.

Section 41:
*Volume is in range at just over 86 dB, but I'd suggest amplifying 2 dB to where it's more like the others. (There's a spot that'll clip if you amplify much more.)
*I still hear enough of a buzz in the background, that it'd be good to do another round of cleaning. I tried it out in Audacity to see what should work for you, and if the top number were 14 and the others at default, it should make a big difference in the buzz. But do whatever feels comfortable to you. (Did I confuse you with the number before? :oops:)

Section 42:
*End silence is now at 7 seconds... Please trim it to ~5.

The rest of the edits turned out really nicely! The buzz is cleaned up in Section 42, and in Section 41 the intro is perfect!

Thanks!
~Rosebud

My DPL List

dvandervis
Posts: 22
Joined: February 24th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

Post by dvandervis » June 2nd, 2020, 7:29 pm


https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_31_cornish_128kb.mp3


Section 31, Prairie dogs, marmots, beavers and dormice

Track Length 14:12
Diana V.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Do I need to slow down? How's my enunciation? Did I stumble, or pause too long? Please let me know!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12334
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » June 3rd, 2020, 9:26 am

dvandervis wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:29 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_31_cornish_128kb.mp3


Section 31, Prairie dogs, marmots, beavers and dormice

Track Length 14:12
Thanks, Diana!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1021
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » June 3rd, 2020, 10:15 am

dvandervis wrote:
June 2nd, 2020, 7:29 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_31_cornish_128kb.mp3


Section 31, Prairie dogs, marmots, beavers and dormice

Track Length 14:12
PL OK :clap:

Thank you! That has brought us to only 5 sections away from completion!! :9:
~Rosebud

My DPL List

dvandervis
Posts: 22
Joined: February 24th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

Post by dvandervis » June 3rd, 2020, 1:29 pm

Sign me up for 63 (Phalangers and Opossums) we'll get this done yet!
Diana V.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Do I need to slow down? How's my enunciation? Did I stumble, or pause too long? Please let me know!

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12334
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » June 3rd, 2020, 1:58 pm

dvandervis wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 1:29 pm
Sign me up for 63 (Phalangers and Opossums) we'll get this done yet!
Thanks much, Diana!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

kcarp
Posts: 24
Joined: May 25th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Post by kcarp » June 4th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Can I take section 44?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12334
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » June 5th, 2020, 6:36 am

kcarp wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 8:48 pm
Can I take section 44?
Sure, thanks for claiming!

And that takes us back to Readers Found.
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

retzel
Posts: 23
Joined: July 14th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Post by retzel » June 6th, 2020, 7:02 am

Hello!!

Sorry this took me much longer than anticipated, but here's Section 63, The Typical Phalangers. It's 13:4.48 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livinganimals1_63_cornish_128kb.mp3

Best,
Rowan
Rowan
they/them/theirs
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzq74klHuclGomB1P8ZxyiA?

retzel
Posts: 23
Joined: July 14th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Post by retzel » June 6th, 2020, 7:12 am

And I just realized that you opened the section up to be re-claimed once the two months had passed! Sorry I didn't reach out earlier to confirm I was still working on it.
Rowan
they/them/theirs
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzq74klHuclGomB1P8ZxyiA?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12334
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » June 6th, 2020, 7:38 am

retzel wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 7:12 am
And I just realized that you opened the section up to be re-claimed once the two months had passed! Sorry I didn't reach out earlier to confirm I was still working on it.
Yup. I did. That is the standard practice, as stated in the first post. I will contact Diana, if she has already recorded, I will give her preference, since her claim is the one active now. If she still hasn't recorded, we will be happy to have it completed.
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only THREE sections to go! :D

dvandervis
Posts: 22
Joined: February 24th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

Post by dvandervis » June 7th, 2020, 9:34 am

I've messaged Leni, but I'll post here as well, I'll relinquish claim on the section, I have't recorded it yet.
Diana V.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Do I need to slow down? How's my enunciation? Did I stumble, or pause too long? Please let me know!

Post Reply