COMPLETE: [History] Great Epochs in American History, Volume II by F. W. Halsey - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
KDonProduction
Posts: 19
Joined: April 20th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Post by KDonProduction » June 3rd, 2020, 7:13 pm

I just finished recording Section 20. Will be editing tomorrow to provide to peer listener!

KDonProduction
Posts: 19
Joined: April 20th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Post by KDonProduction » June 4th, 2020, 7:14 pm


silverquill
Posts: 13971
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 12th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Sorry to be so late with this last section. There were some unusual abbreviations that I had not seen before. I did some research and I think I have most of the correctly rendered, but had to take my best guess on a few. Then the archaic spellings, vocabulary and sentence structure also made this a challenging piece. Here is my best effort.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_13_halsey_128kb.mp3 25:03
~Larry

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6348
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » June 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm

KDonProduction wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Section 20 ready for peer listener. Length: 16:31.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_20_halsey_128kb.mp3
Thank you, section received!

K. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6348
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » June 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Sorry to be so late with this last section. There were some unusual abbreviations that I had not seen before. I did some research and I think I have most of the correctly rendered, but had to take my best guess on a few. Then the archaic spellings, vocabulary and sentence structure also made this a challenging piece. Here is my best effort.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_13_halsey_128kb.mp3 25:03
Thank you, Larry!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6348
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » June 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Section 5 and 7 have been orphaned...
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6348
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » June 28th, 2020, 1:38 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Sorry to be so late with this last section. There were some unusual abbreviations that I had not seen before. I did some research and I think I have most of the correctly rendered, but had to take my best guess on a few. Then the archaic spellings, vocabulary and sentence structure also made this a challenging piece. Here is my best effort.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_13_halsey_128kb.mp3 25:03
Hi, Larry! Got to listening to your file (at last!) and I think you might have accidentaly uploaded the raw version before edits or something partly edited. All is fine up to about 12 minutes, but from 12:18 there are a lot of repeats every minute or so.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

silverquill
Posts: 13971
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 3rd, 2020, 11:05 am

Kikisaulite wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 1:38 pm
silverquill wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Sorry to be so late with this last section. There were some unusual abbreviations that I had not seen before. I did some research and I think I have most of the correctly rendered, but had to take my best guess on a few. Then the archaic spellings, vocabulary and sentence structure also made this a challenging piece. Here is my best effort.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_13_halsey_128kb.mp3 25:03
Hi, Larry! Got to listening to your file (at last!) and I think you might have accidentaly uploaded the raw version before edits or something partly edited. All is fine up to about 12 minutes, but from 12:18 there are a lot of repeats every minute or so.
Well, that was emberrassing :oops:

I do remember my editing got interrupted, and apparently I resumed at the wrong place, or maybe I just nodded off. There was just about three minutes there in the middle that wasn't edited, and the rest was okay. So, let's try again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_13_halsey_128kb.mp3 23:48
~Larry

Bill Mosley
Posts: 909
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » July 6th, 2020, 4:29 pm

Howdy from Texas!


Here's

19 Roger Williams in Rhode Island (1636) by Nathaniel Morton Bill Mosley 826 w

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_19_halsey_128kb.mp3

7:58


Is Covid 19 like being banished to Rhode Island?
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

Bill Mosley
Posts: 909
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » July 6th, 2020, 4:32 pm

Well Roger Williams was so much fun, and so short! I'll see if I can whip out 5 and 7, if that's okay. And you don't minds these colonials sounding like they're from Texas.....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

Bill Mosley
Posts: 909
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » July 10th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Bill Mosley wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Well Roger Williams was so much fun, and so short! I'll see if I can whip out 5 and 7, if that's okay. And you don't minds these colonials sounding like they're from Texas.....
No answer yet. I'm gonna take a run at #5 anyway.
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

Bill Mosley
Posts: 909
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » July 10th, 2020, 5:26 pm

Howdy from Texas!

Here's the unauthorized version of

5 Sir Walter Raleigh's Virginia colonies III: The birth of Virginia Dare (1587) by John White 7/6/20 402 w

4:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_05_halsey_128kb.mp3


If you don't like it, or have a better one, just put this one with those bones in Roanoke....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

Bill Mosley
Posts: 909
Joined: December 7th, 2009, 1:20 pm
Location: Llano, Texas, USA

Post by Bill Mosley » July 13th, 2020, 11:06 am

i know I'm way off the reservation here, but between Covid and Texas temperatures, I need to do something inside, so here's another unauthorized section:

7 Bartholomew Gosnold's discovery of Cape Cod (1602) II: Gosnold's own account 7/6/20 496 w

4:58

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_07_halsey_128kb.mp3

See if you can use it.
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss

BettyB
Posts: 2257
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » July 16th, 2020, 10:17 am

I would like to claim the two remaining open Sections (5 and 7) to try and get this in the catalog.

BettyB

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6348
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » July 20th, 2020, 11:40 am

Bill Mosley wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 11:06 am
i know I'm way off the reservation here, but between Covid and Texas temperatures, I need to do something inside, so here's another unauthorized section:

7 Bartholomew Gosnold's discovery of Cape Cod (1602) II: Gosnold's own account 7/6/20 496 w

4:58

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/greatepochs_vol2_07_halsey_128kb.mp3

See if you can use it.
Bill,
thank you very much for all three sections. I will PL them right now.

Kristine
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Post Reply