COMPLETE[JUVENILE FICTION] Rufus & Rose, by Horatio Alger, Jr. - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

AlaynaMay wrote: March 26th, 2020, 5:20 am Chapter 11 is PL okay!
Chapter 10 needs a little bit of work, but overall is pretty good. Working on the PL notes - will upload ASAP.
Hi Alayna, Thank you SO much for PL these so fast! Be well! 8-)
JediSloth

Post by JediSloth »

Section 18 (10:10)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_18_alger,jr_128kb.mp3

I'd appreciate any notes on how I can improve my recording and avoid mistakes
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, JediSloth! This is loaded in the MW for PL attention. Sure - we'll let you know any thoughts :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Can I also do 20 & 23 if still available? Thanks!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you! 13 is loaded in the MW for PL attention :)

I've assigned 23 for you - on 21 (20 is already finished), as srobz had asked for that yesterday morning, let's give them until Monday morning to do their test and get a Reader Page. If that doesn't happen, I'll get 21 assigned for you. :) We're close to having this book finished!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

LCaulkins wrote: March 27th, 2020, 10:49 am Thank you! 13 is loaded in the MW for PL attention :)

I've assigned 23 for you - on 21 (20 is already finished), as srobz had asked for that yesterday morning, let's give them until Monday morning to do their test and get a Reader Page. If that doesn't happen, I'll get 21 assigned for you. :) We're close to having this book finished!
Thank you! I wasn't paying attention and only looked at the "open" column - oops, but thank you for 23!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JediSloth wrote: March 26th, 2020, 12:59 pm Section 18 (10:10)

Hi there! Hopefully Alayna won't mind me helping her out with this section, since it's your first recording submission. :)

This is a fine first chapter!! Your pacing is terrific, diction is clear without plosives, and you even use fun voices. I spoke way too fast on my first recording, but this is not a problem at all with yours. Nothing needs to be changed at all.
PL OK :thumbs:

At times, I hear a very slight bit of tinniness in the reading. [There is absolutely no reason to try changing this in this section, because it's not distracting from the reading at all. I only mention it as a super-picky point to address for something to give you a pointer on.]

I lean more toward its presence in this section being a result of Noise Reduction versus an echo-y room. Noise Reduction is the best thing out there, but remember that the effects we do on the recordings will all add deterioration to the sound quality. Noise Reduction, in particular, if applied too heavily (or too many times) will cause tinniness in the words, and even make it sound like some crazy space monkeys video game has been recorded on top of the reading.
~Lynette * -
TomHersant

Post by TomHersant »

Greetings and submissions. Herewith the tail of the tale, Chapters 25 (12'45") and 26 (13'03"):
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_25_alger,jr_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_26_alger,jr_128kb.mp3
Blackboards are truly remarkable!
mbm0rxi

Post by mbm0rxi »

JediSloth

Post by JediSloth »

LCaulkins wrote: March 28th, 2020, 4:30 pm
JediSloth wrote: March 26th, 2020, 12:59 pm Section 18 (10:10)

Hi there! Hopefully Alayna won't mind me helping her out with this section, since it's your first recording submission. :)

This is a fine first chapter!! Your pacing is terrific, diction is clear without plosives, and you even use fun voices. I spoke way too fast on my first recording, but this is not a problem at all with yours. Nothing needs to be changed at all.
PL OK :thumbs:

At times, I hear a very slight bit of tinniness in the reading. [There is absolutely no reason to try changing this in this section, because it's not distracting from the reading at all. I only mention it as a super-picky point to address for something to give you a pointer on.]

I lean more toward its presence in this section being a result of Noise Reduction versus an echo-y room. Noise Reduction is the best thing out there, but remember that the effects we do on the recordings will all add deterioration to the sound quality. Noise Reduction, in particular, if applied too heavily (or too many times) will cause tinniness in the words, and even make it sound like some crazy space monkeys video game has been recorded on top of the reading.
Thanks for the feedback-I really appreciate it :) I'll keep bear your pointer about about noise reduction in mind the next time I'm editing
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli »

Chapter 16 - 11:30
Ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_16_alger,jr_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Valentina
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you! Got it loaded :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

mbm0rxi wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 10:58 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rufus_03_alger,jr_128kb.mp3

section 3 at 11:58
Thanks! I've got this loaded for the PL
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

vvocelli wrote: March 27th, 2020, 9:10 am Can I also do 20 & 23 if still available? Thanks!
I've released 21 and assigned it for you :)
~Lynette * -