[GRP] The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV - kiki

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
bpeters16
Posts: 25
Joined: November 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Post by bpeters16 » May 12th, 2020, 10:51 pm


linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » May 13th, 2020, 9:44 am

You did a great job!

I suspect you may have cut out a bit during the editing process. Two pickups are needed.

0:24 missing part of the intro - "The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV. Translated by Jonathan Scott. Section 37

9:43 missing text – The lady, moved by this remonstrance, replied, "Most virtuous princess, would that for your sake I were of the sex you suppose me; but, alas! I am like you a woman, disappointed in love."
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

bpeters16
Posts: 25
Joined: November 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Post by bpeters16 » May 13th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Thanks! I will get those fixes done and get it back uploaded soon.

5Tommy00
Posts: 114
Joined: October 12th, 2017, 7:27 am

Post by 5Tommy00 » May 17th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Here's Section 43 again. Sorry it took so long--I thought I had sent the correction before but I must've missed a step, but that would indicate operator error and, well, I just don't buy that!

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/arabiannights04_43_annoyous_128kb.mp3

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » May 17th, 2020, 1:19 pm

5Tommy00 wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 1:16 pm
Here's Section 43 again. Sorry it took so long--I thought I had sent the correction before but I must've missed a step, but that would indicate operator error and, well, I just don't buy that!

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/arabiannights04_43_annoyous_128kb.mp3
I agree, I'm sure it wasn't operator error. :wink:

Thank you for the edit. Spot check PL OK. :D
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

bpeters16
Posts: 25
Joined: November 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Post by bpeters16 » May 19th, 2020, 8:34 pm

linny wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 9:44 am
You did a great job!

I suspect you may have cut out a bit during the editing process. Two pickups are needed.

0:24 missing part of the intro - "The Arabian Nights Entertainments - Volume IV. Translated by Jonathan Scott. Section 37

9:43 missing text – The lady, moved by this remonstrance, replied, "Most virtuous princess, would that for your sake I were of the sex you suppose me; but, alas! I am like you a woman, disappointed in love."
Here are the edits as requested.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_37_anonymous_128kb.mp3 16:20

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » May 22nd, 2020, 6:38 am

bpeters16 wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 8:34 pm
Here are the edits as requested.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_37_anonymous_128kb.mp3 16:20
Spot check PL OK. Thank you! :D
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

frankjiang22
Posts: 3
Joined: April 29th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Post by frankjiang22 » June 3rd, 2020, 6:01 pm

Hi, could I read section 39?

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 4th, 2020, 7:03 am

frankjiang22 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:01 pm
Hi, could I read section 39?
Absolutely!
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 7th, 2020, 6:56 am

linny wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:27 am
Hello Elizabeth,
All reading issues are spot check PL OK.

Unfortunately there are still the technical issues to be addressed.

All ending silences need to be extended to 5 seconds. Zoom in on the audio, copy and paste from the existing silence until you get to 5 seconds.

All sections need to be noise cleaned.

All sections are too high in volume; 98.6, 96.1, 95.8 respectfully. Please lower the amplification by -9, -7, -7 respectfully.

When you upload your corrections please correct the file name on 27. There is and extra -1-1 at the end of the current upload.

If you are having problems making the technical changes please let me know what software you are using and I will try to assist further.
No reply from reader. Claim period expired. Changes made and uploaded.
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 7th, 2020, 7:01 am

lraggi wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Hi, I would like to read The Story of Prince Ahmed, and the Fairy Perie Banou. 4-8, please.
Reader has not logged on since April. Claim period has expired. Sections orphaned.
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Kalamareader
Posts: 895
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Good afternoon Kiki/Linny,

Linny, I just noticed on your 'Signature' that you could use some help on this one. It seems to be a little short on help lately, so I am willing to add a bit and do Chapter 38 if you'd like.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 27th, 2020, 5:03 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Good afternoon Kiki/Linny,

Linny, I just noticed on your 'Signature' that you could use some help on this one. It seems to be a little short on help lately, so I am willing to add a bit and do Chapter 38 if you'd like.

Thanks,

Wayne
That would be wonderful! Thank you. :thumbs:
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Kalamareader
Posts: 895
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 27th, 2020, 9:55 am

linny wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 5:03 am
Kalamareader wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 1:21 pm
Good afternoon Kiki/Linny,

Linny, I just noticed on your 'Signature' that you could use some help on this one. It seems to be a little short on help lately, so I am willing to add a bit and do Chapter 38 if you'd like.

Thanks,

Wayne
That would be wonderful! Thank you. :thumbs:
Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_38_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:06

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14878
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » June 28th, 2020, 12:59 am

Kalamareader wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 9:55 am
Here it is: https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannights04_38_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Time: 13:06

Wayne
Excellent reading. I enjoyed listening. PL OK
Linette's DPL list Tough week. I'll be back on Jan 23rd to begin to get caught up.
Readers Wanted: Harrigan! (adventure) Problem of the Ages Home Education DR-Dialogue of the Dead - Lucian

Post Reply