[COMPLETE] [Fictional War Biography] Lay Down Your Arms by Bertha von Suttner - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

UPRG11W wrote: May 26th, 2021, 7:55 am PL note:

I listened to this 17:12 recording. It is PL OK. Many thanks for your contribution!

Regards,
Jessie
njgorgen wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 5:05 pm Sec 28 - 17m12s Nancy

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_28_suttner_128kb.mp3
thank you to both of you!
welcome back jessie :-)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Here is Section 70.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_70_suttner_128kb.mp3 (18:41)

I'm very sorry that I have delayed so long in getting to this. I dread attempting anything in French and I'm afraid I did not do a very good job of it. I can try again if you wish.
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:44 pm Here is Section 70.

I'm very sorry that I have delayed so long in getting to this. I dread attempting anything in French and I'm afraid I did not do a very good job of it. I can try again if you wish.
good morning kevin,

may i hint to the first posting?
to the gudelines of librivox and to my never existing language skills in french?

:-)

i have no doubt, that jessie will pl your section with best effort and try to help you, as she does a marvellous work here :-)

data is entered into the mw!
cheers,
wolfi

py: i forgot it: thank you kevin for the hard work! it is one of the longest sections in this project and i know, how hard and time consuming it is to read and edit in a foreign language. omething like a multiplying factor is very void for every length.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

Again, it's a great pleasure to appreciate the beautiful readings by KevinS, which is always perfect to me. My feedback on this 18:41 recording for Section-70:

5:31 - 5:33 “Nous aurons la guerre—nous aurons la guerre,” was read once while in the text is twice of "nous aurons la guerre,”

If we are extremely critical of the French part, please someone who knows French listen to this part for sure.
6:28 - 6:25 spoken by Guy de Maupassant:—
“Quand je songe seulement à ce mot ‘la guerre’ il me vient un effarement, comme si l’on me parlait de sorcellerie, d’inquisition, d’une chose lontaine, finie, abominable, contre nature”.

Since I know no French, I can say nothing other than "your French pronunciations sound very much French to me".

Regards,
Jessie

schrm

Post by schrm »

UPRG11W wrote: May 31st, 2021, 7:59 pm PL note:

Again, it's a great pleasure to appreciate the beautiful readings by KevinS, which is always perfect to me. My feedback on this 18:41 recording for Section-70:

5:31 - 5:33 “Nous aurons la guerre—nous aurons la guerre,” was read once while in the text is twice of "nous aurons la guerre,”

If we are extremely critical of the French part, please someone who knows French listen to this part for sure.
“Quand je songe seulement à ce mot ‘la guerre’ il me vient un effarement, comme si l’on me parlait de sorcellerie, d’inquisition, d’une chose lontaine, finie, abominable, contre nature”.

Since I know no French, I can say nothing other than "your French pronunciations sound very much French to me".

Regards,
Jessie

thank you jessie :-)

kevin, in every situation there are at least two theoretically possibilities.
here, wecould ask for help in listeners wanted or in help needed other languages.
or we could focus on the missing words and (german saying:) let it be good.

you know, that i don't demand to larn french of you.
and i know, that you invested much time, much effort and much work into this section.
therre are two possibilities: you cannot hear or see section 70 anymore, or you want to get it right in every way.

--> please, give me your feedback.
i am absolutely fine with your decision, whatever it may be.
:D :clap:
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

schrm wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:49 am
UPRG11W wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:33 am Hi Czandra and Wolfi,

I tried to open it from the link in the post, as well as from MW. I only got the version of 19:46 long, not 19:27.

Please double-check the uploading. I'd love to listen to your recordings, Czandra!

Regards,
Jessie
czandra wrote: March 30th, 2021, 5:44 am and here is 76. Not sure how I overlooked that. The fixed error is now at 9:46.

file is 19m27s

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_76_suttner_128kb.mp3

An honour to work on this project. I've been a peace activist life-long, and taught the how of it for decades to young adults.

May you all live in peace and happiness!

Czandra
hi czandra,

we didn't clear things up with your last recording.
can you please get bak to uus in the forum or per pm?

thx a lot!

cheers,
wolfi

sent per pm, also
for the records: no feedback by czandra until now. last login was a few days before my pm.

@jessie, can you please pl this section and post the pl notes?
maybe there is not much to do and i can jump in..
thank you!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

schrm wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:43 am
AllysonSpeaks wrote: March 21st, 2021, 2:38 pm
If all is good, I think I'd like to finish out the chapter (15;2-4) if that's alright. The thought of chapter continuity sounds nice to me. Thanks!
hi allyson,

your claim was two months ago.
do you want to read these sections, still?

please post an answer in the thread or send me a pm!
thank you!

chers,
wolfi

sent per pm, also
for the records: no answer by pm or forum.
sections 63-65 are orphaned
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

schrm wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:35 am
UPRG11W wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 7:05 am PL note:

Hi Barbara!

Thank you for the update!

I do feel it is not very smooth at 11:47 between "on" and "other". Can we possibly make it sound more natural like you read the whole sentence with no interruption?

And I also find another spot, could you please remove the extra? At 5:13 extra "on all" in "and ON ALL the roads, black figures walking ..."

Many thanks for your patience and contribution!

Regards,
Jessie
barbls53 wrote: March 30th, 2021, 8:44 pm
Barbara
Hi barbara,

it is two months ago, almost, that your second pl notes were posted.

do you want to make these edits?

please, post an answer or send me a pm!
thank you!

wolfi

sent per pm, also
for the records: no answer by pm or forum.
there are just some cuts to do, i will jump in and edit it.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 63, please.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

schrm wrote: May 31st, 2021, 11:04 pm
kevin, in every situation there are at least two theoretically possibilities.
here, wecould ask for help in listeners wanted or in help needed other languages.
or we could focus on the missing words and (german saying:) let it be good.

you know, that i don't demand to larn french of you.
and i know, that you invested much time, much effort and much work into this section.
therre are two possibilities: you cannot hear or see section 70 anymore, or you want to get it right in every way.

--> please, give me your feedback.
i am absolutely fine with your decision, whatever it may be.
I will certainly supply the missing words. (I must have eliminated the second occurrence as an incorrect repeat.)

As for the other French, I think I am happy with it. I worked from a recording and tried hard to imitate what I heard. I think most listeners will not know French, to tell the truth, and perhaps the French will forgive me, even while shaking the heads.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

UPRG11W wrote: May 31st, 2021, 7:59 pm PL note:

Regards,
Jessie
Jessie, you're very kind. I will make the first correction without fail.

As for the French, I think it will be ... adequate. Often we have a French speaker record these parts, but I think it is a little surprising to hear another voice appear so suddenly. I hope my poor approximation will suit our needs.
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: June 1st, 2021, 11:15 am Section 63, please.
is yours!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

KevinS wrote: June 1st, 2021, 11:19 am
I will certainly supply the missing words. (I must have eliminated the second occurrence as an incorrect repeat.)

As for the other French, I think I am happy with it. I worked from a recording and tried hard to imitate what I heard. I think most listeners will not know French, to tell the truth, and perhaps the French will forgive me, even while shaking the heads.

thank you kevin :-)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »