[COMPLETE] [Fictional War Biography] Lay Down Your Arms by Bertha von Suttner - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Suki

Post by Suki »

Hi,
I would like to volunteer for section 22 please. This will be my first reader contribution.
Thank you :D
Suki
schrm

Post by schrm »

Suki wrote: January 24th, 2021, 9:28 am Hi,
I would like to volunteer for section 22 please. This will be my first reader contribution.
Suki
hi suki,

welcome to librivox and this project!
:D

i entered your claim extemporary:
please, before beginning to record, make a 1 minute test!

that is not a test with marks, or some audition, it is rather to learn about our tech specs, our uploading process and some more :-)
you will find helpful directions in our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

thanks a lot!

greetings from tyrol,
cheerio
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Suki

Post by Suki »

schrm wrote: January 24th, 2021, 9:59 am
Suki
hi suki,

that is not a test with marks, or some audition, it is rather to learn about our tech specs, our uploading process and some more :-)
you will find helpful directions in our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

thanks a lot!

greetings from tyrol,
cheerio
wolfi
Thank you schrm, will do the test recording in a couple of days :wink:
Traceyann

Post by Traceyann »

Hi,
I can do Section 24: Chapter 6 Part 4.
Thanks!
schrm

Post by schrm »

Traceyann wrote: January 24th, 2021, 10:40 am Hi,
I can do Section 24: Chapter 6 Part 4.
Thanks!
welcome to lay down your arms! :-D

24 is yours!

greetings from austria,
cherio
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for the patience! Finally, here are my two other sections
Section 19 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_19_suttner_128kb.mp3 11:17
Section 20 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_20_suttner_128kb.mp3 10:42

:9:
Kathrine
embartels

Post by embartels »

Hello! I'd like to volunteer for section 26. Thanks in advance!
schrm

Post by schrm »

embartels wrote: January 27th, 2021, 8:28 pm Hello! I'd like to volunteer for section 26. Thanks in advance!
welcome to lay down your arms!

i saw, you don't have a reader name (and no catalogue page) yet:
--> please tell me the name you want to publish in the catalogue (and mention in the recordings, if you wish so)!

- every reader gets a catalogue page.
- your catalogue name can be an alias, your forum name or your real name (or something else) (if you want to read a name in the recordings, it should be the catalogue name)
- it offers some additional functionalities (for yourself, as a reader): an overview over your claims, eg.
- we can publish a link to a homepage or a blog, if existing and you wish to do so

--> please tell me your name in the catalogue (with punctuation) and the link
i assigned 26 Chapter 6 - Part 6 to your forum name until you told me!

thank you so much for your claim,
cheers,
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
embartels

Post by embartels »

I would like my name to be embartels

Do I need to do anything else with it? Should I add it somewhere on my account? I don't have any links or anything like that. I'm still navigating this process so thank you for being patient with me! I really appreciate it! :D
schrm

Post by schrm »

embartels wrote: January 28th, 2021, 10:16 pm I would like my name to be embartels

Do I need to do anything else with it? Should I add it somewhere on my account? I don't have any links or anything like that. I'm still navigating this process so thank you for being patient with me! I really appreciate it! :D
good morning embartels,
:-D

fresh and shiny: your catalogue page
https://librivox.org/reader/15682

changes can be done by an admin - in case you want something to get changed, please post in the help sections of the forum :-)

your reader page is connected with your catalogue page --> so there is nothing left to do now.

or well, there is someting: start with reading and claiming (you did that already) and..

i hope you have fun!
:D :clap:

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Reposting in case it got lost earlier ;)
Section 19 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_19_suttner_128kb.mp3 11:17
Section 20 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/laydownarms_20_suttner_128kb.mp3 10:42

Kathrine
schrm

Post by schrm »

kathrinee wrote: January 29th, 2021, 6:53 pm Reposting in case it got lost earlier ;)

good morning,

oh i am ashamed! :oops:
sorry for this!

and a big thank you!

i enter the data asap, pl will follow this we

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Suki

Post by Suki »

Suki wrote: January 24th, 2021, 10:26 am
schrm wrote: January 24th, 2021, 9:59 am
Suki
hi suki,

thanks a lot!

greetings from tyrol,
cheerio
wolfi
Thank you schrm, will do the test recording in a couple of days :wink:
Hi schrm, I just made the 1 minute test, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_suki.mp3 (Audacity software, MacOS, USB Headset)
schrm

Post by schrm »

Suki wrote: January 30th, 2021, 6:19 am
Hi schrm, I just made the 1 minute test, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_suki.mp3 (Audacity software, MacOS, USB Headset)
hi suki,

thank you that you uploaded your link in the correct thread and here!
i have run your file through checker and listened to it - you got the pl ok! :D
you are reading very well, nice to listen to and i had no problem to understand you!

that said: two or three things to be careful and keep an eye on it (or better: which will likely appear in one pl or another):

- at the end of each recording, please leave ~ 5 seconds of silence. (can be copied or waited at the end of recording or...) several reasons for that, eg: some mp3 players cut off the files at the end. another reason is, you can use these seconds for noise reduction.
- your file has 40db background noise metered by checker. this can be a false positive, because of the missing ending silence... but it can also be, that some of your files won't get accepted in future. noise reduction is not a problem at all, audacity offers this in a few mouse clicks :-) (only thing to remark is: you have to click it twice to actually do the noise reduction. the first click ist just analyzing and presetting some parameters.)

- with headsets, there are some advantages and some disadvantages. your headset is very good, i think - and therefore, the advantages should overcome negative aspects :-)
+ you will probably have to find some ideal positioning of the microphone arm. in callcenters where i worked, most people recommended to arrange it at the height of your nose or below your chin. otherwise, you will have mouth noises, breathing noises, and so on in your recording.
+ but handling this should be easy: some tissues, a glass of water beneath the desk and another position of the mic will do the trick.
later on, i am sure you will be able to change the distance to the mic while reading, when you want to (eg for crying). you are reading like a pro :-D

- there is some magical technical thingie: you have a little bit of DC Bias. should not be a problem at all!
but in case you realize, that eg. noise reduction makes your m to n's, or your s to f, or you have problems with editing like cut and paste, then you should correct it (easiest way is to "normalize" your file, but unchecked all other options, only with just this option checked)

well, that was all my wisdom....
and too long in text. but that is my style..
:-)

--> do you have told me a catalogue name, already?
i copied this from the post above, i'm sorry :oops:
--> please tell me the name you want to publish in the catalogue (and mention in the recordings, if you wish so)!

- your catalogue name can be an alias, your forum name or your real name (or something else) (if you want to read a name in the recordings, it should be the catalogue name)
- it offers some additional functionalities (for yourself, as a reader): an overview over your claims, eg.
- we can publish a link to a homepage or a blog, if existing and you wish to do so

greetings from austria!
cheers,
wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Suki

Post by Suki »

schrm wrote: January 30th, 2021, 9:52 am
Suki wrote: January 30th, 2021, 6:19 am
hi suki,

thank you that you uploaded your link in the correct thread and here!
i have run your file through checker and listened to it - you got the pl ok! :D
you are reading very well, nice to listen to and i had no problem to understand you!

that said: two or three things to be careful and keep an eye on it (or better: which will likely appear in one pl or another):

- at the end of each recording, please leave ~ 5 seconds of silence. (can be copied or waited at the end of recording or...) several reasons for that, eg: some mp3 players cut off the files at the end. another reason is, you can use these seconds for noise reduction.
- your file has 40db background noise metered by checker. this can be a false positive, because of the missing ending silence... but it can also be, that some of your files won't get accepted in future. noise reduction is not a problem at all, audacity offers this in a few mouse clicks :-) (only thing to remark is: you have to click it twice to actually do the noise reduction. the first click ist just analyzing and presetting some parameters.)

- with headsets, there are some advantages and some disadvantages. your headset is very good, i think - and therefore, the advantages should overcome negative aspects :-)
+ you will probably have to find some ideal positioning of the microphone arm. in callcenters where i worked, most people recommended to arrange it at the height of your nose or below your chin. otherwise, you will have mouth noises, breathing noises, and so on in your recording.
+ but handling this should be easy: some tissues, a glass of water beneath the desk and another position of the mic will do the trick.
later on, i am sure you will be able to change the distance to the mic while reading, when you want to (eg for crying). you are reading like a pro :-D

- there is some magical technical thingie: you have a little bit of DC Bias. should not be a problem at all!
but in case you realize, that eg. noise reduction makes your m to n's, or your s to f, or you have problems with editing like cut and paste, then you should correct it (easiest way is to "normalize" your file, but unchecked all other options, only with just this option checked)

well, that was all my wisdom....
and too long in text. but that is my style..
:-)

--> do you have told me a catalogue name, already?
i copied this from the post above, i'm sorry :oops:

greetings from austria!
cheers,
wolfi
Hi wolfi

Thank you so much for the tips, I really appreciate it and will be mindful of them until they become a habit 😊 for the catalog name, can we use my forum name Suki please?