COMPLETE (Novel) Miss Crespigny by Frances Hodgson Burnett-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Lynne is added as DPL.
Cheers,
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 03:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/misscrespigny_03_burnett_128kb.mp3
17:19

This is not an easy read -- odd names and tons of consonants crashing into each other!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yeah, Rita, some of these older books can be like that, with a little different syntax, too, than we're used to! Luckily, editing can make us sound lovely despite the stumbles and fumbles the old style writing causes. :) It's like magic!

Hey, Stav, why don't I also take section 7 and close that gap.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, you may have section 7. That would be lovely.
And hay, these books are dificalt to read. But when you listen to them... They are enchanting.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

RitaBoutros wrote: January 8th, 2020, 4:07 am Section 03:

This is not an easy read -- odd names and tons of consonants crashing into each other!
Rita, you did a nice reading for this chapter! It can be PL OK just as it is if you want it to be. Just let me know.

*If* you feel like fine-tuning one spot, right at 7:59, the "of" inside "suit women of her stamp" has an abruptness that is a tiny bit distracting. Are you using Audacity? (Just because that's the only recording software I'm familiar with.) If so, if you zoom way in on that spot, and highlight only the word "of," give it 2 or 3 negative Amplification bumps and see if it gives it a smoothing effect inside the whole phrase. And if this suggestion is Greek to you, just message me and I'll explain in more detail what I mean by the neg Amp application.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Section 03 with correction and thank you:

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Beautiful edit. :) Ch. 3 is Checker passed and PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thnnks. Would you like to read more sections from this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And Chapter 5 is PL OK :thumbs:

It's nice to listen to your reading. :) Be careful not to let your front silence be too short - less than .5 seconds, and the beginning of the Intro can get cut off when a listener plays the book.
~Lynette * -
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Ok - thank you
Will do.
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
asinha75

Post by asinha75 »

Hi There , I'm a newbie and this would be my first reading project :) , can I please claim CHAPTER X. Pen’yllan ? Please confirm. Thanks !
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you for this very lovely reading, Grace.

There is only one minor edit to make - Instead of the 5 seconds of silence at the end, there is about 7 minutes. File should be clipped off at 14:24. :)
~Lynette * -