COMPLETE - [YA] Jr Classics v9-Stories of To-day - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote: January 13th, 2020, 11:00 am Lola,
Section 3 is PL OK. :thumbs:

Section 52
0:22 Please limit the title to The Rose and the Ring. Chapter 18, How They All Journeyed Back to the Capital.
13:32 Please delete part 18
No contact from Lola in 2.5 months.

Corrections made. https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol9_52_patten_128kb.mp3 13:25
sophiar

Post by sophiar »

Could I please do Mr. O’Leary’s Second Love by Charles Lever? Thank you!
linny

Post by linny »

sophiar wrote: April 6th, 2020, 10:07 am Could I please do Mr. O’Leary’s Second Love by Charles Lever? Thank you!
I'm sorry sophia but you have skipped an important step in our process. Please conduct your preliminary test prior to recording for more projects. There are some issues with your recordings which need to be resolved. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test Once you receive the OK in the Listeners Wanted forum please come back to claim a section. :D
Pratibha25

Post by Pratibha25 »

Hi!At the outset I would like to thank you for providing your valuable feedback on my 1 minute test.
I wish to claim story 27, The man without a country Part 1 by Edward Everett Hale.
I would want to record by my real name Pratibha Singh.

Waiting for a reply!

Best Reagrds,

Pratibha Singh
linny

Post by linny »

Pratibha25 wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 9:32 am Hi!At the outset I would like to thank you for providing your valuable feedback on my 1 minute test.
I wish to claim story 27, The man without a country Part 1 by Edward Everett Hale.
I would want to record by my real name Pratibha Singh.

Waiting for a reply!

Best Reagrds,

Pratibha Singh
It's good to have you here. You have picked a really long section, over 30 minutes of finished recording time. If you have questions along the way or run into any problems just let me know.

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/14144 The Reader section details link is a great way to keep track of your project claims.

Have fun!
Pratibha25

Post by Pratibha25 »

Thanks immensely!
BriannaChiles

Post by BriannaChiles »

May I have section 26?
Brianna
linny

Post by linny »

BriannaChiles wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:15 am May I have section 26?
Certainly! Thank you for your help on this project.
BriannaChiles

Post by BriannaChiles »

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/juniorclassicsvol9_26_patten_128kb.mp3
Time: 16:03
Title: Manuk Del Monte
Pages: 270-278
Brianna
linny

Post by linny »

BriannaChiles wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:50 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/juniorclassicsvol9_26_patten_128kb.mp3
Time: 16:03
Title: Manuk Del Monte
Pages: 270-278
Brianna,
You did a great job. Thank you! PL OK. :D
Pratibha25

Post by Pratibha25 »

Hi , Linny
Here is my recording of Section 27 of the Junior Classics Volume 9: Stories of To-day by Pratibha . The Man Without a Country . Part 1 by Edward Everett Hale. Kindly listen and provide feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/my_project.mp3

Regards
Pratibha Singh
linny

Post by linny »

Pratibha25 wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 12:33 am Hi , Linny
Here is my recording of Section 27 of the Junior Classics Volume 9: Stories of To-day by Pratibha . The Man Without a Country . Part 1 by Edward Everett Hale. Kindly listen and provide feedback.

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/my_project.mp3

Regards
Pratibha Singh
Overall you did a GREAT job! Most of the notes are really minor.

It appears you read both parts. :D Here are the PL notes for part 1. Please let me know if you have any questions.

The volume prior to 15:51 and after 28:44 is too loud at 98.7dB. Please amplify these sections by -10.

14:06 slight stumble - Before the end of your cruise you will receive orders which will give effect to this intention.

15:29 stumble - Then the captain always asked him to dinner on Monday. Every mess in succession took up the invitation in its turn.

17:42 – stumble - This was a little cruel sometimes, when the back of what was cut out might be as innocent as Hesiod.

24:29 – please delete uh - so the captain said they might ask him, if they would be responsible that he did not talk with the wrong people, “who would give him intelligence.”

27:09 – please reduce pause.

31:18 – the section should end at the completion of “But always afterwards, on occasions of ceremony, he wore that quaint old French sword of the commodore’s.”

Missing ending - • "End of [Section 27]"
• If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

The file name should be juniorclassicsvol9_27_patten_128kb.mp3

Since you recorded the full story I’ll put you down for section 28 as well. I won't listen yet since if there are any PL notes the timestamps will be wrong.

Make sure that part two begins with the intro:
"Section [28] of The Junior Classics Volume 9: Stories of To-day. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
The Man Without a Country, part 2 by Edward Everett Hale.

The reading should begin with The captain did mention him in the despatches. It was always said he asked that he might be pardoned.

The file name should be juniorclassicsvol9_28_patten_128kb.mp3
Pratibha25

Post by Pratibha25 »

Hi Linny,

Thanks for the feedback. I in fact was wondering where the part I of the story ends and part II starts. Anyway, I shall incorporate the amendments required and send you an edited audio soon.

Regards
Pratibha
linny

Post by linny »

Pratibha25 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 9:29 am Hi Linny,

Thanks for the feedback. I in fact was wondering where the part I of the story ends and part II starts. Anyway, I shall incorporate the amendments required and send you an edited audio soon.

Regards
Pratibha
The guidance you were searching for is found in the notes section of the MW. Let me know if you have any questions.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Linny!

Can I please do 49, 50 and 53 please?

Many thanks -

Lynda