adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
linny wrote: December 25th, 2019, 3:44 pm April,
Thank you for your claims!
April
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Lynda! I hope you had a wonderful celebration.

Section 34
0:35 section title missing name of author – The Rose and the Ring by William M. Thackeray

Also, you forgot to read the Note: Thackeray’s only book for children, “The Rose and the Ring,” has given him a place among writers for children that is the equal of that which he enjoys as one of the world’s greatest novelists. His fondness for children was proverbial and it appears over and over again in his writings.
This story was written of Christmas time in the year 1854 while the author was living at Rome. Thackeray wrote it to entertain a little young friend, a girl who had been ill. As he finished a chapter to read to her he would illustrate it with these droll pictures hastily sketched with his pen.
linny

Post by linny »

Section 35 is PL OK!

Section 36
0:21 missing part of intro. - This is a Librivox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.

7:33 repeat – and wheedling her royal mistress,
linny

Post by linny »

Section 37 is PL OK.

Section 38
0:21 missing part of intro. This is a Librivox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Linny!

Thanks for the PL - where was the note? I looked for it and did not see it.

I got to stop going from memory for the standard LV stuff - obviously I am having some memory issues!

I will have those fixed up in about an hour :)

Lynda
linny

Post by linny »

The note is just above where you started reading.
linny

Post by linny »

Lynda,
Sorry for the short note. My husband was calling from Iraq.

I figure the intro mistakes are from the habit of doing solos. :D

You began reading on page 389, if you scroll up just a little you will find the note on page 387.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Linny -

Thanks so much!

I found the note. I think I missed it as if you go to the ToC and click on what you want to read, as you indicated it was above the Chapter so I totally missed it!

All is good now :)

As my husband has left for work now I was able to record the Note.

The recordings are coming up shortly!

Lynda
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Lynda. 34, 36, and 38 are all spot check PL OK. :)
linny

Post by linny »

aarparca wrote: October 30th, 2019, 2:39 pm Here is section 15 at 5:32:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol9_15_patten_128kb.mp3
Aaron,
I am terribly sorry this took so long. I missed your post. Please in the future if one of your sections doesn't make it to the MW remind us. We miss things from time to time.

Overall, great reading.

While some of your reading was louder, the overall volume is too low at 84.9dB. We aim for 89dB with an acceptable allowance of 86-92dB.
linny

Post by linny »

Pinklady77 wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 4:54 pm Hello,

I'd like to read chapters 1, 3, and the last two chapters of the book 52 &53 I think

Thanks
PM reminder sent to Lola.
ChristyEck

Post by ChristyEck »

I would like to record section 17, Jonnasen. I would like my pseudonym to be christytalks
linny

Post by linny »

ChristyEck wrote: January 1st, 2020, 7:35 pm I would like to record section 17, Jonnasen. I would like my pseudonym to be christytalks
Hi Christy,
Please be sure to complete your test prior to recording for the project. It's much easier to correct any issues there before you read a longer section. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/13804 The Reader Details link is a great way to keep track of your project claims.