[HISTORY] History of Australia & New Zealand from 1696-1890 - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » August 31st, 2019, 7:18 am


TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » August 31st, 2019, 8:17 am

Thanks - that was quick! :)

Want more?
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » August 31st, 2019, 1:27 pm

TriciaG wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:17 am
Thanks - that was quick! :)

Want more?
Not for the moment. However, I am enjoying trying to work out the kinks in my recording method. Feel free to make suggestions. As you know, I'm just getting my feet wet.

Russ

Lmnei
Posts: 2708
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » August 31st, 2019, 2:29 pm

Plodmore wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:18 am
Here is section 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/australiaandnewzealand_02_sutherland_128kb.mp3

duration is 16:34
Hi Russ!

Here is your feedback on Section 2

0:34 - you said Colony and it should be Settlement
6:14 - you said "Dawns point" it should be "Dawes Point" which is an actual place still in Sydney
12:49 - minor stutter/blip
15:09 - you said "staggering" should be "straggling"

Other than those I enjoyed listening to your reading!

Lynda
Lynda
_____________________________________________________________
It takes two to speak truth—one to speak and another to hear. —THOREAU.

Lmnei
Posts: 2708
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » August 31st, 2019, 3:32 pm

Plodmore wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 1:27 pm
TriciaG wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:17 am
Thanks - that was quick! :)

Want more?
Not for the moment. However, I am enjoying trying to work out the kinks in my recording method. Feel free to make suggestions. As you know, I'm just getting my feet wet.

Russ
Hey Russ - your recording was really good for getting your feet wet! The only minor feedback other than standard PL feedback below is you could watch the silent spaces that you are leaving between sentences during the reading of a paragraph. When you listen to your recording you will get what I mean - you are listening along at a certain pace and all of a sudden there is a 1 to 1.5 second silence that sort of breaks your train of thought. Other than that your voice and recording as I said is very well done! I look forward to listening more!

Lynda
Lynda
_____________________________________________________________
It takes two to speak truth—one to speak and another to hear. —THOREAU.

Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » September 1st, 2019, 5:30 pm

Lmnei wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 2:29 pm
Plodmore wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 7:18 am
Here is section 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/australiaandnewzealand_02_sutherland_128kb.mp3

duration is 16:34
Hi Russ!

Here is your feedback on Section 2

0:34 - you said Colony and it should be Settlement
6:14 - you said "Dawns point" it should be "Dawes Point" which is an actual place still in Sydney
12:49 - minor stutter/blip
15:09 - you said "staggering" should be "straggling"

Other than those I enjoyed listening to your reading!

Lynda
Thanks, Lynda. I appreciate the prompt feedback. Is it advisable to record the entire section again, or should I record and paste-in these sentences/paragraphs?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » September 1st, 2019, 5:34 pm

Record and paste in.

I can't imagine redoing a recording every time I make a couple mistakes that need new audio! To make it as seamless as possible, record the whole phrase rather than just the wrong word(s), imitating your original expression of tone. Then you can substitute in either the phrase or a few words, cutting in and out at a T or K or other strong stop in the wave form. (You can zoom in a bit to get it perfect.)

Make sense?
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » September 1st, 2019, 5:37 pm

Lmnei wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 3:32 pm
Plodmore wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 1:27 pm
TriciaG wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:17 am
Thanks - that was quick! :)

Want more?
Not for the moment. However, I am enjoying trying to work out the kinks in my recording method. Feel free to make suggestions. As you know, I'm just getting my feet wet.

Russ
Hey Russ - your recording was really good for getting your feet wet! The only minor feedback other than standard PL feedback below is you could watch the silent spaces that you are leaving between sentences during the reading of a paragraph. When you listen to your recording you will get what I mean - you are listening along at a certain pace and all of a sudden there is a 1 to 1.5 second silence that sort of breaks your train of thought. Other than that your voice and recording as I said is very well done! I look forward to listening more!

Lynda
Thanks, Lynda. This is very helpful feedback. I'll watch the breaks. I think that now, as I'm just beginning to record, is the time for me to shed as many bad habits as I can, so I appreciate the input.

Russ

Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » September 1st, 2019, 5:38 pm

TriciaG wrote:
September 1st, 2019, 5:34 pm
Record and paste in.

I can't imagine redoing a recording every time I make a couple mistakes that need new audio! To make it as seamless as possible, record the whole phrase rather than just the wrong word(s), imitating your original expression of tone. Then you can substitute in either the phrase or a few words, cutting in and out at a T or K or other strong stop in the wave form. (You can zoom in a bit to get it perfect.)

Make sense?
Got it! Thanks TriciaG.

Russ

jenno
Posts: 729
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » September 2nd, 2019, 10:33 pm

Could i claim chapters 3 and 4 please


Jennifer

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » September 3rd, 2019, 5:38 am

They're yours. Glad to have you! :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » September 4th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Here is section 2 with the corrections per the PL notes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/australiaandnewzealand_02_sutherland_128kb.mp3

duration is 16:32

Russ

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42757
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » September 4th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Thanks! How did you find editing/correcting? :)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK

Plodmore
Posts: 28
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Post by Plodmore » September 4th, 2019, 3:29 pm

TriciaG wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 2:33 pm
Thanks! How did you find editing/correcting? :)
Actually, I was amazed at how well it went. My voice varied little from the original, and I figured out how to cut and paste without too much trouble. I'm beginning to realize how much good editing can do to improve a reading.

Russ

Lmnei
Posts: 2708
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » September 4th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Plodmore wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 3:29 pm
TriciaG wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 2:33 pm
Thanks! How did you find editing/correcting? :)
Actually, I was amazed at how well it went. My voice varied little from the original, and I figured out how to cut and paste without too much trouble. I'm beginning to realize how much good editing can do to improve a reading.

Russ
Russ you did an EXCELLENT job of editing! I could not even tell where you had made the changes other than I knew where to look :) So that is PL OK now

Looking forward to your next reading!
Lynda
_____________________________________________________________
It takes two to speak truth—one to speak and another to hear. —THOREAU.

Post Reply