[HISTORY]The Great Events by Famous Historians, Volume 3 - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
wildlindajohnson
Posts: 624
Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Post by wildlindajohnson » August 10th, 2019, 9:30 am

Linda Johnson

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 10th, 2019, 2:56 pm

wildlindajohnson wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 9:30 am
Here's Section 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents3_07_horne_128kb.mp3 [29:00]
Thanks Linda!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

MajorHistory
Posts: 199
Joined: March 22nd, 2019, 7:21 am
Location: Suffolk, VA USA
Contact:

Post by MajorHistory » August 11th, 2019, 1:29 am

Cogito, ergo sum.

philhendee
Posts: 6
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Post by philhendee » August 11th, 2019, 9:54 am

I would like to read section 36 please.

wildlindajohnson
Posts: 624
Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Post by wildlindajohnson » August 11th, 2019, 11:30 am

Linda Johnson

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 11th, 2019, 2:34 pm

MajorHistory wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:29 am
Section 02.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents3_02_horne_128kb.mp3
Track Length 36:32.22 (m:ss.ss)
Thanks Mike!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm

philhendee wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 9:54 am
I would like to read section 36 please.

Section 36 is yours, thank you! What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm

wildlindajohnson wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 11:30 am
Here's Section 8:


https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents3_08_horne_128kb.mp3 [29:49]
Thanks Linda!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

philhendee
Posts: 6
Joined: July 29th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Post by philhendee » August 12th, 2019, 7:30 am

icequeen wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm
philhendee wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 9:54 am
I would like to read section 36 please.

Section 36 is yours, thank you! What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Phil Hendee is the name I would like on the catalog page, please.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 12th, 2019, 11:49 am

philhendee wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 7:30 am
icequeen wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 2:37 pm
philhendee wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 9:54 am
I would like to read section 36 please.

Section 36 is yours, thank you! What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Phil Hendee is the name I would like on the catalog page, please.
OK, I got you all taken care of! Here is your catalog page! https://librivox.org/reader/13540
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 12th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Section 1 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

MajorHistory
Posts: 199
Joined: March 22nd, 2019, 7:21 am
Location: Suffolk, VA USA
Contact:

Post by MajorHistory » August 14th, 2019, 5:42 am

Hi Ann,

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents3_04_horne_128kb.mp3
Track Length 58:55.83 (m:ss.ss)

I usually do not like to bother moderators/admins.
I have a cold, so please let me know if I have to redo section 04. Looking from a different side though, it may actually fit within the grim chapter.
I usually do my own research diligently and compare renowned sites, documentaries and so on. But, my this section @35.39 I settled to adopt from biblespeak.org. It is very important for me as an Christian Orthodox. Other Christians pronounce it differently, as in Elijah - EELAY. The Aramaic pronounciation was ELOY. Matt and Mark translated it differently.

Eli Eli Lema Sabachthani
From https://biblespeak.org/eli-lema-sabachthani-pronunciation/

Also, relevant footnote please let me know if does not need to be there.

Mike
Cogito, ergo sum.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 14th, 2019, 11:15 am

MajorHistory wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 5:42 am
Hi Ann,

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents3_04_horne_128kb.mp3
Track Length 58:55.83 (m:ss.ss)

I usually do not like to bother moderators/admins.
I have a cold, so please let me know if I have to redo section 04. Looking from a different side though, it may actually fit within the grim chapter.
I usually do my own research diligently and compare renowned sites, documentaries and so on. But, my this section @35.39 I settled to adopt from biblespeak.org. It is very important for me as an Christian Orthodox. Other Christians pronounce it differently, as in Elijah - EELAY. The Aramaic pronounciation was ELOY. Matt and Mark translated it differently.

Eli Eli Lema Sabachthani
From https://biblespeak.org/eli-lema-sabachthani-pronunciation/

Also, relevant footnote please let me know if does not need to be there.

Mike
Thanks Mike!

It's funny, every time I have had a reader say that they had a cold and they think their section might need to be recorded again, I have never felt that it should be recorded again. It will sound a little different, but not that different. The only time I have people record a whole section over is for some technical issue that can not be fixed. The last one was because the volume was too high, as in 102 dB, and the whole recording was clipped so badly that I could barely understand what he was saying. But, those are rare!

My former pastor pronounced Eli as Eloy, but he is a scholarly type of person. I had not heard the biblespeak version, but I have no problem with that pronunciation either. It is nice that you are doing your research. Usually I'm the one people ask about pronunciation, and I normally don't have an opinion, except for Latin. And, even then, I don't really mind if the Latin is Classical or Church pronunciation, just as long as it is consistent.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

wildlindajohnson
Posts: 624
Joined: July 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Post by wildlindajohnson » August 15th, 2019, 11:11 am

Linda Johnson

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 21600
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » August 15th, 2019, 11:49 am

wildlindajohnson wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 11:11 am
Here's Section 9:


https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/greatevents3_09_horne_128kb.mp3 [35:10]
Thanks Linda!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Post Reply