Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 3, May 1906 by Various - jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 17th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Mother Earth No.3 by Various ( - ).

Volunteers outside the USA: Theodore Schroeder's (d 1953), H. Kelly's (d 1953) and Anny Mali Hicks' (d 1954) work is still protected by copyright in places like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, UNLESS the rule of shorter term applies.
To be added soon ( )
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27262
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

      Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard


      Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!


      Magic Window:



      BC Admin Genres for the project: Fiction; Poetry; Non-fiction

      Keywords that describe the book:

      ============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

      Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Section [number] of Mother Earth No.3. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Mother Earth No.3 Section #; [Title] by [Author]"

      END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Section [number] "
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Mother Earth No.3."

      There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

      Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      motherearth3_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. motherearth3_01_various_128kb.mp3)


      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        Image
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

      Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by bhavya on July 21st, 2019, 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15204
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by knotyouraveragejo » July 19th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Hi bhavya. I will MC this for you. MW will be available shortly.

Jo

ETA: All set. Please note I edited the intro and filenames slightly.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 20th, 2019, 3:42 am

knotyouraveragejo wrote:
July 19th, 2019, 4:52 pm
Hi bhavya. I will MC this for you. MW will be available shortly.

Jo

ETA: All set. Please note I edited the intro and filenames slightly.
Thank you Joe, I'll fill in the MW soon.

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 20th, 2019, 4:00 am

To Readers,

Walt Whitman and H Kelly died toward the end of the 19th century; their works are PD in the us.
For the remaining authors, such as Theodore Schroeder, who died in 1953, the copyright expires in 2023. Please be careful :)
Last edited by bhavya on July 21st, 2019, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

cowguy02
Posts: 566
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » July 21st, 2019, 7:25 am

bhavya wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 4:00 am
To Readers,

Walt Whitman and H Kelly died toward the end of the 19th century; their works are PD in the us.
For the remaining authors, such as Theodore Schroeder, who died in 1953, the copyright expires in 2023. Please be careful :)
You may want to put that in the first post just so that everyone sees it. Looks like a really fun project! I’ll keep an eye on t and might come back and read for it.
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 21st, 2019, 10:13 am

cowguy02 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:25 am
bhavya wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 4:00 am
To Readers,

Walt Whitman and H Kelly died toward the end of the 19th century; their works are PD in the us.
For the remaining authors, such as Theodore Schroeder, who died in 1953, the copyright expires in 2023. Please be careful :)
You may want to put that in the first post just so that everyone sees it. Looks like a really fun project! I’ll keep an eye on t and might come back and read for it.
Thanks for the advice :D
and for your interest!

NemoR
Posts: 2196
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » July 21st, 2019, 1:21 pm

May I claim sections 2 and 16 please.

Thank you!
Nemo

"I find I cannot exist without Poetry—without eternal Poetry—half the day will not do—the whole of it—I began with a little, but habit has made me a Leviathan."

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15204
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by knotyouraveragejo » July 21st, 2019, 2:42 pm

bhavya wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 10:13 am
cowguy02 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:25 am
bhavya wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 4:00 am
To Readers,

Walt Whitman and H Kelly died toward the end of the 19th century; their works are PD in the us.
For the remaining authors, such as Theodore Schroeder, who died in 1953, the copyright expires in 2023. Please be careful :)
You may want to put that in the first post just so that everyone sees it. Looks like a really fun project! I’ll keep an eye on t and might come back and read for it.
Thanks for the advice :D
and for your interest!
We have specific wording for these warnings which I can add for you. Just to clarify, this is PD in the U.S. based solely on its publication date. Authors' dates of death do not apply to U.S. readers. Readers outside the U.S. need to be cognizant of the individual authors' dates of death.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

BettyB
Posts: 2040
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » July 21st, 2019, 8:40 pm

May I claim 10 and 11....

BettyB

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 21st, 2019, 9:03 pm

knotyouraveragejo wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 2:42 pm
We have specific wording for these warnings which I can add for you. Just to clarify, this is PD in the U.S. based solely on its publication date. Authors' dates of death do not apply to U.S. readers. Readers outside the U.S. need to be cognizant of the individual authors' dates of death.
Thanks for the clarification Joe; I'll add that to the warning.

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 21st, 2019, 9:04 pm

BettyB wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 8:40 pm
May I claim 10 and 11....

BettyB
Yes, thank you!

silverquill
Posts: 10000
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » July 22nd, 2019, 7:47 am

I would like 1,3,7 if I may.

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 22nd, 2019, 8:43 am

silverquill wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 7:47 am
I would like 1,3,7 if I may.
All yours :)

NemoR
Posts: 2196
Joined: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Location: The Present

Post by NemoR » July 22nd, 2019, 11:04 am

NemoR wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:21 pm
May I claim sections 2 and 16 please.

Thank you!
Hi bhavya,

I think you may have missed my claim?
Nemo

"I find I cannot exist without Poetry—without eternal Poetry—half the day will not do—the whole of it—I began with a little, but habit has made me a Leviathan."

bhavya
Posts: 959
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: Bangalore, India

Post by bhavya » July 22nd, 2019, 9:58 pm

NemoR wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 11:04 am
NemoR wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:21 pm
May I claim sections 2 and 16 please.

Thank you!
Hi bhavya,

I think you may have missed my claim?
Oh no :oops: , i assigned you those sections now.

Post Reply