[Exploration] The Golden Book of the Dutch Navigators by Hendrik van Loon - kiki

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Piotrek81
Posts: 3560
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » August 20th, 2019, 8:39 am

OK, then give me sections 10 and 11, please :)
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » August 20th, 2019, 9:51 am

Piotrek81 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:39 am
OK, then give me sections 10 and 11, please :)
Yay! :9: 10 and 11 assigned to you! :clap:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Voorlezer
Posts: 10
Joined: August 23rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

Post by Voorlezer » August 24th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Hello! Shall I read section 12, chapter 8? Being Dutch, I’m interested in contributing to reading a piece of Dutch history.

Piotrek81
Posts: 3560
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » August 25th, 2019, 8:25 am

Hello, I just wanted to update you by saying that after today's tea incident, the sound on my laptop is gone. No sure how long it will take to fix. I'm not relinquishing my sections yet, though. I'll keep you posted.
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » August 25th, 2019, 8:57 am

Voorlezer wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Hello! Shall I read section 12, chapter 8? Being Dutch, I’m interested in contributing to reading a piece of Dutch history.
Hi and welcome to Librivox! I am glad you found this to be of interest to you.
However, we strongly encourage all readers to start with completing a 1-minute test before recording the section you requested. It is not an audition or something like that, but necessary to make sure that all technical specifications are correct before you invest your time in an actual recording.
Here is all information explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

For now, I will put a note with the section you requested to give you time to sort out things with the test. Once you get your test approved in the appropriate forum, please come and post back here that you are ready to go and I will then assign the section to you. If I do not hear back from you in two weeks time, I will release the section back to whomever wants it.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Kristine :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » August 25th, 2019, 9:00 am

Piotrek81 wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 8:25 am
Hello, I just wanted to update you by saying that after today's tea incident, the sound on my laptop is gone. No sure how long it will take to fix. I'm not relinquishing my sections yet, though. I'll keep you posted.
Ouch. :? That sounds bad... I hope it can be fixed.
There is still a lot of time until your two-month deadline for these chapters, so no pressure right now.

K.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Voorlezer
Posts: 10
Joined: August 23rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

Post by Voorlezer » August 25th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Kikisaulite wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 8:57 am
Voorlezer wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 5:41 pm
Hello! Shall I read section 12, chapter 8? Being Dutch, I’m interested in contributing to reading a piece of Dutch history.
Hi and welcome to Librivox! I am glad you found this to be of interest to you.
However, we strongly encourage all readers to start with completing a 1-minute test before recording the section you requested. It is not an audition or something like that, but necessary to make sure that all technical specifications are correct before you invest your time in an actual recording.
Here is all information explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

For now, I will put a note with the section you requested to give you time to sort out things with the test. Once you get your test approved in the appropriate forum, please come and post back here that you are ready to go and I will then assign the section to you. If I do not hear back from you in two weeks time, I will release the section back to whomever wants it.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

Kristine :)
Hi Kristine, okay, thank you! I will do the test and will let you know when I have submitted it within 2 weeks.

Piotrek81
Posts: 3560
Joined: November 3rd, 2011, 2:02 pm
Location: Poznań, Poland

Post by Piotrek81 » August 26th, 2019, 10:04 am

Today the sound is OK again. I hope it stays this way!
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » August 26th, 2019, 11:48 pm

That sounds good! :thumbs:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1603
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » August 31st, 2019, 7:35 am

Hey guys! I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to relinquish my PL duties for this project since school has started and I am very busy!

Thanks for understanding,

Elsie Selwyn

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » September 3rd, 2019, 2:02 am

Removed, and I will do the PLing for this myself. Dear readers, please give me a little time to catch up with few other things and I will be back with PL notes soon!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » September 3rd, 2019, 11:33 am

Availle wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 6:15 pm
Here is section 4 where they are all (almost) miraculously saved. Happy ending in Amsterdam ensues, towards the end of 21:08

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/dutchnavigators_04_vanloon_128kb.mp3
Section 4 - PL OK! :clap:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » September 3rd, 2019, 12:35 pm

Piotrek81 wrote:
August 17th, 2019, 11:14 pm
Here's section 9. Duration 19:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/dutchnavigators_09_vanloon_128kb.mp3
Piotrek, both sections 8 and 9 are PL OK! Thanks! :clap:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Voorlezer
Posts: 10
Joined: August 23rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

Post by Voorlezer » September 7th, 2019, 4:21 am

Hi there,
I wanted to let you know that I have just uploaded my 1-minute test! Now waiting for a reply, so I might not get the okay strictly within the 2-week deadline...

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5504
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » September 7th, 2019, 5:44 am

Thanks for letting me know. A day or two does not really matter, we can wait a bit to see how your test goes.

K. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Post Reply