COMPLETE [CHILD FIC] T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

czandra wrote: March 8th, 2021, 2:29 pm William Jones can have chapter 33 if he wants it! I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Czandra
William - please let me know whether you would like to read 33 instead of 39
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

czandra wrote: March 8th, 2021, 2:29 pm William Jones can have chapter 33 if he wants it! I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Czandra
Thanks, but I've moved on to another couple of March To Completion sections.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
mf5810

Post by mf5810 »

Looks like chapter 39 caused some confusion. Glad it all worked out. Kind of you CZandra.

I have a question:
I remember reading somewhere on the forums that it's a good idea to keep recording even if you make mistakes and then go back and fix the mistakes after all the recording is done. Cannot recall where I read that since I've done a lot of reading of the various forums. I was on the punch and roll recording wiki trying to figure it out and was wondering if punch and roll is a more efficient way of fixing mistakes as you correct and move on. Any tips/suggestions from you old timers/veterans :?: :help: I would like to get started however would like to be sure rather than hasty.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

mf5810 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:06 pm Looks like chapter 39 caused some confusion. Glad it all worked out. Kind of you CZandra.

I have a question:
I remember reading somewhere on the forums that it's a good idea to keep recording even if you make mistakes and then go back and fix the mistakes after all the recording is done. Cannot recall where I read that since I've done a lot of reading of the various forums. I was on the punch and roll recording wiki trying to figure it out and was wondering if punch and roll is a more efficient way of fixing mistakes as you correct and move on. Any tips/suggestions from you old timers/veterans :?: :help: I would like to get started however would like to be sure rather than hasty.
Personally, I would get used to using audacity before trying punch and roll. If you make a mistake, stop, snap your fingers or click your tongue - then you will see a spike in the wave form which will show you where there is a mistake when you go back to edit after recording.
mf5810

Post by mf5810 »

Thanks.
czandra

Post by czandra »

I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Thank you :D I will catch up with pling for this project soon :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

mf5810 -- I've never done punch and roll. When I make a mistake, I say "mistake" loudly to create that spike in the file, then go back to the last breath or pause and start reading again. Editing is then looking for the spikes, cutting out the repeated text, and then a listen through the whole file to make sure I haven't missed anything before uploading.

MaryAnn
mf5810

Post by mf5810 »

Thanks MaryAnn

Here is my recording for Chaper 39. Did not use punch and roll. Followed the advice I got from you guys and went back and edited wherever I made a mistake as also did a thorough listen (more than once) after it all.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tembarom_39_burnett_128kb.mp3

Also Ashleighjane, I was wondering if you could use my name MichelleF for the catalogue? Thanks.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

mf5810 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 10:58 am Thanks MaryAnn

Here is my recording for Chaper 39. Did not use punch and roll. Followed the advice I got from you guys and went back and edited wherever I made a mistake as also did a thorough listen (more than once) after it all.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/tembarom_39_burnett_128kb.mp3

Also Ashleighjane, I was wondering if you could use my name MichelleF for the catalogue? Thanks.
thanks michelle :D Please remember to say how long chapters are when you post the links.

I think that MaryAnn or another admin will need to change your catalogue name, i dont think i can change them once they've already been added
mf5810

Post by mf5810 »

Oops....I apologise. The length is 48:29
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

chapter 24 pl notes

uh oh. BB, you've accidentally read chapter 14, which has already been recorded by Jean. Would you still like to record 24?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

mf5810 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 10:58 am I was wondering if you could use my name MichelleF for the catalogue? Thanks.
Kinda confusing on this project since AshleighJane and I are working together on whatever needs done in the MW when we check in ... but I saw this and have updated your catalog name ...

MaryAnn
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Chapter 29 PL Notes

File name needs to be changed to ttembarom_29_burnett_128kb

9:07 In the phrase 'pride be damned' the word 'damned' has been cut out. It isn't librivox policy to censor profanities

12:12 'His hair became thoughtful' should be ' His air became thoughtful'

14:11 'with no one in it but these first savage fellows it'd always belonged to' Here you say 'with no one on it' before correcting yourself. 'on it' needs to be removed.

19:48 in 'he admitted that William of Normandy had “got in some good work' the end of normandy has been cut off and the silence between 'normandy' and 'had got in...' is too long

19:57 in '“He was a big man,” he ended.' the word 'ended' has been split into two words

24:18 There is a stumble in the sentence ' the way she looked back at me made me see all of a sudden that it would be easier for her if I told her straight that she was mistaken.”'

24:29 -24:33 the silence here is too long

27:10 - 27:15 The silence is too long

27:18 onwards. There is about 30mins of silence at the end. There should only be five seconds of silence at the end of each recording
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Chapter 32 PL notes

00:20 Please say 'chapter 32' after the disclaimer.