COMPLETE [CHILD FIC] T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

I'm happy to step in as DPL if still needed. :D
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

That would be lovely Ashleigh. I'll get you added to the MW.

MaryAnn
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 19th, 2021, 6:16 pm That would be lovely Ashleigh. I'll get you added to the MW.

MaryAnn
Thanks :D It's 2am so i should perhaps sleep soon :lol: Will get some of the completed sections pled tomorrow :D
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Chapter 15 pl notes:

There is too much intro silence. Recording starts at around 1.5 seconds and there should be 0.5 - 1 second of silence.

repeat at 13:15 - 13:19

15:36 should be 'thought so often that I should like to have a little boy' but i heard ' thought so often that I shouldn't like to have a little boy

I see that the reader for this chapter hasn't posted for a while so I will take the liberty of sending them a pm to notify of the pl notes :)
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

PL Notes for chapter 25:

There is a repeat at 22:48
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Volume for chapter 30 was a little low, but as Sam hasn't been active since August and it was the only pl note I did just fix this myself, seeing as it was only a tech spec.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

The chapter that Shasta submitted as chapter 33 is actually chapter 28, which i see someone else has claimed.

Not sure what we want to do in this instance. Makes sense for Shasta's recording to be used and for Jean to read a different chapter if Jean is okay with that?

ETA: I have sent Jean a PM regarding this to ensure that it is brought to her attention :)

I will hold off on pling this one until we are sure what's going to happen here
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Ashleigh.
MaryAnn
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

PL notes for chapter 34:

7:35 the text says 'that he appeared more secure than seemed possible' but i heard 'that he appeared more sincere than seemed possible

16:40 the word 'accomplishments' is a little difficult to make out in the phrase 'and who had acquired fresh accomplishments in the form of an entirely new set of duties, was waiting, and handed him a telegram.'

22:43 'and he was obliged to take the midnight train.' it sounds as though an edit was made here but didn't quite work out? the word obliged sounds a little distorted and 'take' is missing
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

smithjeanb wrote:January 23rd, 2021, 5:33 pm Ashleigh,

I have not recorded it yet. I was waiting to hear from you. I am happy to do whatever is needed. Just assign me a chapter and I'll do it.
We're okay to move chapter "33" into 28. Shasta will need to redo the intro and outro though. I will PL 28 tomorrow.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

'33' pl notes:

The files name needs to be changed to chapter 28

Intro and outro need to be corrected to say chapter 28

Volume is a little loud at 92.4dB

3:26 to 3:28 in the phrase 'Mrs. Mellish of the Bond Street shop had become quite obsessed by her idea ...', there is a stumble before the word 'oppressed'

8:29 Should read 'bringing books and ridiculous things?”' but i heard 'bringing books and religious things?”

45:39 - 45:46 There is a long pause and then the phrase 'A young fellow who makes those people laugh holds success in his hand.' is repeated

48:56 The silence between the end of the chapter and you saying 'end of chapter' is a little long. You might like to remove a second or two.
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/ttembarom_04_burnett_128kb.mp3 Length is 24:30.

Wow. These are long chapters :)

If you want to assign me another one, I'd be happy to do it.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

MaryAnn,

Elijah seems to have still not been around. Would you like me to BC this one while he's not here?
audwon

Post by audwon »

ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

smithjeanb wrote: January 31st, 2021, 10:37 am https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/ttembarom_04_burnett_128kb.mp3 Length is 24:30.

Wow. These are long chapters :)

If you want to assign me another one, I'd be happy to do it.
Chapter 4 is PL OK :D