JoMarch2021

Post by JoMarch2021 »

sorry, the time for that one is 20:57
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Chapters 21 and 22 are now PL OK :D
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

I have orphaned section 31 as the volunteer assigned hasn't been around for a month and has not completed their one minute test.

For the other two sections that are yet to be recorded, I have messaged both volunteers and will orphan those chapters on friday if an extension isn't requested.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Chapters 16 and 35 are now open.

MaryAnn, could you move us back to readers wanted?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sure, I've also posted here about the orphaned sections: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140
MaryAnn
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

This seems like a fun story to read. I wouldn't mind taking any chapters you would care to assign to me.

I am fairly new to Librivox, as you can see. I've participated in two projects so far. Generally, my turnaround is a week or less for a chapter
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

deLorinel wrote: April 10th, 2021, 8:31 pm This seems like a fun story to read. I wouldn't mind taking any chapters you would care to assign to me.

I am fairly new to Librivox, as you can see. I've participated in two projects so far. Generally, my turnaround is a week or less for a chapter
Thank you :D I have assigned you to 35 as the chapters are quite long in this book and that's the shortest one left. If course, once that one is done you're welcome to sign up for any of the other two, if they are still open :)
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

ashleighjane wrote: April 11th, 2021, 12:14 am Thank you :D I have assigned you to 35 as the chapters are quite long in this book and that's the shortest one left. If course, once that one is done you're welcome to sign up for any of the other two, if they are still open :)
Assignment acknowledged. Chapter recorded, despite noisy cats & passing aircraft. I researched the Lancashire accent; hope it doesn't end up sounding too Irish. Editing begins tomorrow. I always leave too much space between sentences, and invariably miss a word here & there.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

deLorinel wrote: April 11th, 2021, 10:18 pm
ashleighjane wrote: April 11th, 2021, 12:14 am Thank you :D I have assigned you to 35 as the chapters are quite long in this book and that's the shortest one left. If course, once that one is done you're welcome to sign up for any of the other two, if they are still open :)
Assignment acknowledged. Chapter recorded, despite noisy cats & passing aircraft. I researched the Lancashire accent; hope it doesn't end up sounding too Irish. Editing begins tomorrow. I always leave too much space between sentences, and invariably miss a word here & there.
Great :D We don't worry to much about accents here, so even if it does sound irish - it's fine :D

As for spaces and missed words, i thin we all do that!
JoMarch2021

Post by JoMarch2021 »

I could take at least one of the orphaned chapters, but I may not be able to get to it until the weekend
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

JoMarch2021 wrote: April 13th, 2021, 6:53 pm I could take at least one of the orphaned chapters, but I may not be able to get to it until the weekend
No problem. Which one would you like?
JoMarch2021

Post by JoMarch2021 »

I´ll take 16 for now: however, I am really busy right now, so if someone else wants it, by all means :). I will update you if it turns out that I am too busy.
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

JoMarch2021 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 12:17 pm I´ll take 16 for now: however, I am really busy right now, so if someone else wants it, by all means :). I will update you if it turns out that I am too busy.
well, we give one to two months anyway. I do check in after one month to make sure that readers still do plan to record. but technically you have two months to record it. :D ( I'd rather this project wasn't around in two months time though :lol: )