[Literature] English Literature, Hodgson-mas

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Farnood

Post by Farnood » August 21st, 2019, 1:46 am

Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)

thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl » August 23rd, 2019, 8:05 pm

Okay, okay-- I've got mine recorded and had a mistake or two to rerecord and did that, now just need to fit it together. It'll be in asap!

thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl » August 24th, 2019, 10:22 am

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » August 24th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Thanks! These sections are turning out longer than I had realized!

KathrynP

Post by KathrynP » September 1st, 2019, 7:05 pm

growlands

Post by growlands » September 4th, 2019, 6:36 am

Hi. I'm so sorry to do this, but after lots of reflection I need to withdraw from this project. There are two major reasons, besides time considerations.

Firstly, I found the chapters too lengthy to do comfortable in one sitting, which (as a newish reader I find I have to do). I know other projects I've worked on have split larger chapters into sections, and perhaps it would help any future projects like this to do the same? (Sorry if this seems presumptuous on my part - it's certainly not meant to be taken as such.)

Secondly, I found no easy place to insert the footnotes that abound in the middle of poems (explaining word meanings). This might seem trivial, but everything I tried broke the flow of the narration dramatically.

I hope you'll be able to find someone to pick up these chapters. I feel badly about this, not least because I enjoyed the author's subtly sly humor.

Good Luck!

Gareth

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » September 4th, 2019, 2:19 pm

These chapters are already split into what I think should be manageable sections. The final listening time should be around 60 minutes. (Recording time will be longer obviously, depending on how many mistakes you make!) If you think the final recorded version will be longer than 70mins then yes, I’ll split it but not otherwise.

As a newish reader here, I recommend to you that you read the section before claiming next time, and only claim one section at a time. That’s the best way to keep within your capabilities.

If you’re wanting to read more poetry you might like to look at the “short works” forum, as that’s where most of the poetry projects are posted.

growlands

Post by growlands » September 4th, 2019, 6:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!

Gareth

RolvR

Post by RolvR » September 8th, 2019, 1:20 am