[FICTIONAL AUTOBIO] The Life of Harriot Stuart, by Charlotte Lennox - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
shellycassandra
Posts: 25
Joined: July 11th, 2019, 6:46 am

Post by shellycassandra » September 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Thankfully, we were spared in South Florida. So many others were not so fortunate. :(

Section 12, Volume One Part 11 (end of volume one)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_12_lennox_128kb.mp3
37:10

September will be a busy month for me, but I will claim Volume Two and try to get them done.

Thanks for your support all along!

cowguy02
Posts: 588
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » September 6th, 2019, 3:27 pm

shellycassandra wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 7:18 pm
Thankfully, we were spared in South Florida. So many others were not so fortunate. :(

Section 12, Volume One Part 11 (end of volume one)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_12_lennox_128kb.mp3
37:10

September will be a busy month for me, but I will claim Volume Two and try to get them done.

Thanks for your support all along!
Thanks for that file and your in for volume 2
~Luke Castle
Due to school I am much busier then in the summer. Please bear with me as I work through my PL backlog.

Projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

elsieselwyn
Posts: 1602
Joined: March 28th, 2019, 8:37 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by elsieselwyn » September 8th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Hey Luke!

I'm going to have to give up my claim as DPL since I am so busy with school!

Thanks for understanding,

Elsie

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17038
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » September 8th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Luke, we can advertise for a new DPL.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

cowguy02
Posts: 588
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » September 9th, 2019, 8:03 am

Lynnet wrote:
September 8th, 2019, 6:15 pm
Luke, we can advertise for a new DPL.
Yes please! Thank you!
~Luke Castle
Due to school I am much busier then in the summer. Please bear with me as I work through my PL backlog.

Projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 11th, 2019, 10:03 am

I can do the DPL if you want ;-)

cowguy02
Posts: 588
Joined: July 11th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Contact:

Post by cowguy02 » September 11th, 2019, 11:43 am

Gavenport wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:03 am
I can do the DPL if you want ;-)
Wonderful! Lynette will be by soon to get you me access
~Luke Castle
Due to school I am much busier then in the summer. Please bear with me as I work through my PL backlog.

Projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17038
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » September 11th, 2019, 12:13 pm

cowguy02 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 11:43 am
Gavenport wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 10:03 am
I can do the DPL if you want ;-)
Wonderful! Lynette will be by soon to get you me access
Done!
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 12th, 2019, 12:21 pm

shellycassandra wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 5:02 pm
This one was a doozy!
Section 7: Volume One Part Six
40:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_07_lennox_128kb.mp3
There should be max 1 sec silence in the beginning and about 5 sec silence at the end – this file have slightly more silence (2 sec / 7 sec). Not that bad I think but there is more to edit ;-)

Volume needs to be adjusted about +9,7 db

There is a loud click at 3:48,


missed edits at 3:55-3:59 and 4:25-4:28,


repeated reading:
 I would have taken this night and to morrow to have considered of the proposal you made me
; 22:03 – 22:14

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 13th, 2019, 4:22 pm

shellycassandra wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 11:05 am
Section 8: Volume One Part Seven
17:48
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_08_lennox_128kb.mp3
Volume + 10,7 db

Silence at the end about 8 sec - 5 sec are requested

The file is a bit (background) noisy and if you adjust the volume then the noise gets louder, too.

I did edit the file: adjusted the volume, cut of 3 sec at the end and did some noise reduction with Audacity. I used standard settings. You can listen to the result here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bcJkpCUCheaXzqiSnlCjTW-zIdDMCNC-/view?usp=sharing

If you like it you can use the file and upload it. (But I won't do this to all files when having some notes... :-))

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 15th, 2019, 3:40 am

shellycassandra wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 8:07 pm
Section 9: Volume One Part Eight
22:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_09_lennox_128kb.mp3
Volume + 4,5 db

end: 9 sec silence instead of 5 sec

slightly constant background noise

shellycassandra
Posts: 25
Joined: July 11th, 2019, 6:46 am

Post by shellycassandra » September 16th, 2019, 9:16 am

Gavenport wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 4:22 pm
shellycassandra wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 11:05 am
Section 8: Volume One Part Seven
17:48
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_08_lennox_128kb.mp3
Volume + 10,7 db

Silence at the end about 8 sec - 5 sec are requested

The file is a bit (background) noisy and if you adjust the volume then the noise gets louder, too.

I did edit the file: adjusted the volume, cut of 3 sec at the end and did some noise reduction with Audacity. I used standard settings. You can listen to the result here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bcJkpCUCheaXzqiSnlCjTW-zIdDMCNC-/view?usp=sharing

If you like it you can use the file and upload it. (But I won't do this to all files when having some notes... :-))
Thanks, @Gavenport, I will listen to your upload. I'm using an Apollo and it is intermittently introducing that constant background noise you mentioned. I'll have to get it looked at.

Could you share with me what settings you used exactly for the noise reduction? I tried the settings I found in the FAQ but stopped using it because it didn't seem to work, so I must not be doing the process correctly.

Also, one more favor, if you could please listen to one of my older recordings for this book and let me know if the audio is too low for those as well, or if the low audio is a new problem.

Thank you so much for your help.

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 16th, 2019, 11:47 am

I checked section 6 and it's volume is to low also but I didn't look at all sections before I started PL'ing.

Standard PL says for the volume that the ideal case is at 89 db +/- 2 db, so your files I listened to were a lot outside of this range.

My settings of noise reduction are:

noise reduction 20 db
sensitivity 4,00
frequency smoothing (bands): 3
noise: reduce

This works quite good for me.

Another thing I didn't mention: You are working a lot with your mouse? You can hear the clicks of it in a regular basis throughout all of your files. It is not this loud / not much disturbing so I didn't mention it.

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 16th, 2019, 12:02 pm

shellycassandra wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 11:37 pm
It's been a while...
Section 10: Volume One Part 9
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_10_lennox_128kb.mp3
36:35
Beside the (low) background noise and the mouse-clicks (or rarely mouth noises) there is one 'plop'-sound at 21:13 you should reduce or edit because you can't adjust the volume about +4,7 db up to 89 db before this.
Last edited by Gavenport on September 16th, 2019, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gavenport
Posts: 1190
Joined: September 29th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Location: Gomadingen / Germany

Post by Gavenport » September 16th, 2019, 12:11 pm

I tested the older files:

Section 3 +6,1 db
Section 4 +7,3 db
Section 5 +5,6 db
Section 6 +5,7 db – you have to adjust/cut some peaks before you're able to adjust the volume of this one

Post Reply