[COMPLETE] The History of Philosophy by William Turner - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Tillouz

Post by Tillouz »

Sure thing, in that case- I'll keep working on section 2, and I'd like to also claim section 3.
Thanks!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 16 PL OK :thumbs:

Section 53 PL Notes: Everything is fine until the end. I think you finish the section at 1:06:50, but then ~1:07:10 (after about 20 seconds of silence) you read the beginning of section 54 (chapter 64). Could you cut that out from the end and make it only 5 seconds of silence from "end of Section 53"?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
andrelevy

Post by andrelevy »

Cheers
André
Tillouz

Post by Tillouz »

Section 2 is done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/historyofphilosophy_2_turner_128kbps.mp3

Moving on to section 3; if section 1 gets freed up, I'd like to claim it, if and when that's possible, thanks.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

If the claimant doesn’t respond by the end of next week you can have it.

Thanks for submitting your first file! I’ll just point out that the filename is not quite correct - it needs a two digit section number with a “0” in front of the 2, or else the computer won’t sort the files in the correct order - it will go into the 20’s.

Don’t correct it now - wait to see if there are any other changes that need to be made.

Also when you upload a file I need the length in minutes and seconds like this: mm:ss as a double check that I have it all, and that the uploader didn’t chop any off! It’s also a good check if you upload two versions of the same file, as the lengths are usually different. I have this file as being 34:11 including the silence at the end. I hope that’s what it is supposed to be?
Tillouz

Post by Tillouz »

Elizabby wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 5:02 pm If the claimant doesn’t respond by the end of next week you can have it.

Thanks for submitting your first file! I’ll just point out that the filename is not quite correct - it needs a two digit section number with a “0” in front of the 2, or else the computer won’t sort the files in the correct order - it will go into the 20’s.

Don’t correct it now - wait to see if there are any other changes that need to be made.

Also when you upload a file I need the length in minutes and seconds like this: mm:ss as a double check that I have it all, and that the uploader didn’t chop any off! It’s also a good check if you upload two versions of the same file, as the lengths are usually different. I have this file as being 34:11 including the silence at the end. I hope that’s what it is supposed to be?
Noted. File on my end is 35:11, so something might be off. Check again just to make sure; but assuming your file is actually 34:11, do you want me to reupload it?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sorry, that was a typo - it’s correct in the MW as 35:11. I think wait for any PL notes, then change everything at once!
arthurltaylor

Post by arthurltaylor »

I'd like to claim section 4.
Just had a read through it. What of the parts of the texts in smaller font? headed by 'sources' etc.?
Are they to be read as they are placed on the page?
arthurltaylor

Post by arthurltaylor »

arthurltaylor wrote: August 5th, 2019, 3:32 am I'd like to claim section 4.
Just had a read through it. What of the parts of the texts in smaller font? headed by 'sources' etc.?
Although Tillouz if you were hoping to roll through with the greeks then I'll instead start at modern philosophy and claim 44 or 45.
Tillouz wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 7:54 am Section 2 is done.

Moving on to section 3; if section 1 gets freed up, I'd like to claim it, if and when that's possible, thanks.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Arthur, I’m happy for you to claim any open section, but you need to be clear what it is you plan to read. The modern philosophy sections would probably be an easier read than the ancient philosophy, on my opinion.
Tillouz

Post by Tillouz »

arthurltaylor wrote: August 5th, 2019, 6:47 am
Although Tillouz if you were hoping to roll through with the greeks then I'll instead start at modern philosophy and claim 44 or 45.

I kinda was, thanks a bunch for the consideration- I'll let you know if I have a change of plans.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Actually Arthur, I’m going to reopen those old claims from the start of the Modern Philosophy part, so you can claim from Section 42 if you’d prefer.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 1 made over to you - the recipient hadn’t picked up the PM.
Tillouz

Post by Tillouz »

Elizabby wrote: August 5th, 2019, 11:52 pm Section 1 made over to you - the recipient hadn’t picked up the PM.
Right on, I'll start working on it as soon as section 3 is done.
arthurltaylor

Post by arthurltaylor »

Elizabby wrote: August 5th, 2019, 10:13 pm Actually Arthur, I’m going to reopen those old claims from the start of the Modern Philosophy part, so you can claim from Section 42 if you’d prefer.
Tillouz wrote: August 5th, 2019, 10:09 pm
arthurltaylor wrote: August 5th, 2019, 6:47 am

I kinda was, thanks a bunch for the consideration- I'll let you know if I have a change of plans.
In that case I would love to claim sections 42, 43 and 44.