[FICTION] Man's Rights; Or, How Would You Like It? Comprising Dreams by Annie Denton Cridge - tg

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » July 31st, 2019, 8:05 pm

elsieselwyn wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 8:48 am
Here is the mispronunciation fixed: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mansrights_01_dentoncridge_128kb.mp3 (15:01)
Elsie, Thanks for making the correction. I have put your section in for spot PL. I will be working on some edits to address quality issues in your track, so it may take some time before the section is marked as PL OK, but I will definitely let you know once it's up. Thanks again for your help with this project!

Jeff B.

Anitazz
Posts: 94
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » August 2nd, 2019, 11:22 am

Looks like this should be wrapped up soon! Can I claim Section 9?
Thanks....... Anita

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 2nd, 2019, 12:36 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:22 am
Looks like this should be wrapped up soon! Can I claim Section 9?
Thanks....... Anita
Thanks, Anita. It’s all yours!

Anitazz
Posts: 94
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » August 3rd, 2019, 7:54 pm

hdcn wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 12:36 pm
Anitazz wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:22 am
Looks like this should be wrapped up soon! Can I claim Section 9?
Thanks....... Anita
Thanks, Anita. It’s all yours!
I have a question: There are 2 places in Dream 9 that appear to be typos in the source text. I cannot find another copy of this text online that goes beyond dream 5. I have recorded the 2 as written, but really, it seems off. What should be done? These are both in Dream 9:

But did not his look very much like "Apocatastasis?" (shouldn't it be "not this look")?
-and-
Slowly, patiently, with the crowed of pedestrians, I moved along in the same direction as the carriages and cars, (shouldn't it be "with the crowd")?

Currently, I have been recording as written. Let me know if you think I should modify either/both.

Thanks-- Anita

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 3rd, 2019, 10:19 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:54 pm

I have a question: There are 2 places in Dream 9 that appear to be typos in the source text. I cannot find another copy of this text online that goes beyond dream 5. I have recorded the 2 as written, but really, it seems off. What should be done? These are both in Dream 9:

But did not his look very much like "Apocatastasis?" (shouldn't it be "not this look")?
-and-
Slowly, patiently, with the crowed of pedestrians, I moved along in the same direction as the carriages and cars, (shouldn't it be "with the crowd")?

Currently, I have been recording as written. Let me know if you think I should modify either/both.

Thanks-- Anita
Yes, I agree that these are typos in the text. Feel free to correct them as you’ve suggested.

Anitazz
Posts: 94
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » August 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm

hdcn wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 10:19 pm
Anitazz wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:54 pm

I have a question: There are 2 places in Dream 9 that appear to be typos in the source text. I cannot find another copy of this text online that goes beyond dream 5. I have recorded the 2 as written, but really, it seems off. What should be done? These are both in Dream 9:

But did not his look very much like "Apocatastasis?" (shouldn't it be "not this look")?
-and-
Slowly, patiently, with the crowed of pedestrians, I moved along in the same direction as the carriages and cars, (shouldn't it be "with the crowd")?

Currently, I have been recording as written. Let me know if you think I should modify either/both.

Thanks-- Anita
Yes, I agree that these are typos in the text. Feel free to correct them as you’ve suggested.
********************************************
Uploaded Dream 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mansrights_09_dentoncridge_128kb.mp3
(26:37)

Anita

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 4th, 2019, 8:03 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Uploaded Dream 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mansrights_09_dentoncridge_128kb.mp3
(26:37)

Anita
Thanks, Anita!

2839reader
Posts: 826
Joined: August 7th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Post by 2839reader » August 7th, 2019, 10:11 pm

Signature: KATHLEEN

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 8th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Uploaded Dream 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mansrights_09_dentoncridge_128kb.mp3
(26:37)

Anita
Anita,

The audio quality of this track is far below that of the first track you uploaded. It sounds either over-processed or heavily compressed (although the wave doesn't look compressed), with huge drop-outs in volume. It meets the minimum standards for inclusion in the project, and I'm totally willing to include it, but I'm wondering if there's something we could do to improve on it, short of re-recording. I've tried a few things on my own, but there's not much else I can do with what you submitted. Did you do anything in post-processing that you didn't do the first time around? Or did you, perhaps, record with a different microphone or software? As an idea, if you still have the raw audio, you could upload it as a separate file, and I'll see if maybe I can process it differently.

Thanks,

Jeff B.

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 8th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Thanks, Kathleen! Both of your sections are in for PL.

Anitazz
Posts: 94
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » August 8th, 2019, 1:35 pm

hdcn wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 12:12 pm
Anitazz wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Uploaded Dream 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mansrights_09_dentoncridge_128kb.mp3
(26:37)

Anita
Anita,

The audio quality of this track is far below that of the first track you uploaded. It sounds either over-processed or heavily compressed (although the wave doesn't look compressed), with huge drop-outs in volume. It meets the minimum standards for inclusion in the project, and I'm totally willing to include it, but I'm wondering if there's something we could do to improve on it, short of re-recording. I've tried a few things on my own, but there's not much else I can do with what you submitted. Did you do anything in post-processing that you didn't do the first time around? Or did you, perhaps, record with a different microphone or software? As an idea, if you still have the raw audio, you could upload it as a separate file, and I'll see if maybe I can process it differently.

Thanks,

Jeff B.
Ugh! It is a new microphone and I think I may be over-compensating for a comment I received from a different project which indicated that the volume was noticeably inconsistent. I don't have a copy of the pre-cleanup... good idea though for future endeavors. Let me see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback. It's a learning process.

Anita

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 8th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Ugh! It is a new microphone and I think I may be over-compensating for a comment I received from a different project which indicated that the volume was noticeably inconsistent. I don't have a copy of the pre-cleanup... good idea though for future endeavors. Let me see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback. It's a learning process.

Anita
Anita, what is your feeling on this? Do you want to try to re-record? If so, please get with me first so that I can perhaps advise you on your setup and software settings. It's definitely a learning curve. The decision is yours, but feel free to PM me either way and we can discuss. Thanks,

Jeff B.

hdcn
Posts: 159
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Post by hdcn » August 9th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Anitazz wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Ugh! It is a new microphone and I think I may be over-compensating for a comment I received from a different project which indicated that the volume was noticeably inconsistent. I don't have a copy of the pre-cleanup... good idea though for future endeavors. Let me see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback. It's a learning process.

Anita
Anita, since you've said you'd like to re-record Section 9, I am reverting the status back to "Assigned." I'll keep a copy of your original submission on my PC, and, of course, a copy will remain on the server as well for a time. As we discussed, when you are finished re-recording, please upload the raw, unprocessed audio, and we'll then see what can be done with it using only WavePad. Thanks for your continued assistance with this project!

Jeff B.

maxgal
Posts: 203
Joined: June 8th, 2019, 10:24 am

Post by maxgal » August 11th, 2019, 11:25 am

hdcn wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 9:45 am
maxgal wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 9:03 am
Hello!
I'd like to claim Dream 2, please.
It dovetails uncannily with a book I came across just yesterday, by another author, but the same subject matter.
I just might have to do that book sometime...
Thank you!
...LJB
(Louise)
(aka "maxgal")
Thanks for claiming, Louise. It’s all yours!
Hello again Jeff,
I'm still here!
I have been clearing out a bit of a backlog. (I'm sure you've heard that one before.)
Should be able to get to this in the next week or two. (Ditto.)
...LJB 😬
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Anitazz
Posts: 94
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post by Anitazz » August 11th, 2019, 7:29 pm

hdcn wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 10:42 pm
Anitazz wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Ugh! It is a new microphone and I think I may be over-compensating for a comment I received from a different project which indicated that the volume was noticeably inconsistent. I don't have a copy of the pre-cleanup... good idea though for future endeavors. Let me see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback. It's a learning process.

Anita
Anita, what is your feeling on this? Do you want to try to re-record? If so, please get with me first so that I can perhaps advise you on your setup and software settings. It's definitely a learning curve. The decision is yours, but feel free to PM me either way and we can discuss. Thanks,

Jeff B.
*********************
Hi, Jeff--
I have uploaded a raw version of this section to https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mansrights_09_dentoncridge_128kb.mp3
(27:59). I am assuming this is mostly an exercise in recording quality and determining the best way to process it. Normally, I proof-listen AFTER I do the clean-up steps, because there sometimes are little "thumps" on the recording, or some background "hum" that didn't get cleaned up like I wanted, so there could be a few more reading errors than usual this time around, since I'd rather do that when the piece is cleaned electronically. I'll be happy to do that if you can let me know what clean-up you think should be executed. Anyway, for a change, I didn't need to amplify as this came in about 89db (usually, it's about 83db). Not sure why; I don't remember changing anything. I appreciate the help. Thanks--
Anita

Post Reply