Post by gibhere2 »

Thank you!
Kind Regards!
CJ

My Librivox Contributions
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

TriciaG,

The magic window is missing. :hmm: :hmm: I sent you a PM as well. Hopefully, it is an easy fix.
Kind Regards!
CJ

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Must be a problem with your web browser. The MW shows up just fine for me.

If you can't see the link to access it, here is the link: https://librivox.org/section_compiler/14006
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

TriciaG wrote: December 6th, 2019, 11:02 am Must be a problem with your web browser. The MW shows up just fine for me.

If you can't see the link to access it, here is the link: https://librivox.org/section_compiler/14006
Apparently there was an issue with a Chrome update that interfered with showing sites with "mixed content". Fixed in the settings. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Never thought it could be my browser settings! Thanks!
Kind Regards!
CJ

gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

Ellaqyint wrote: December 1st, 2019, 4:44 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oraclesofnostradamus_03_ward_128kb.mp3

33min 47sec for section 3 :)
Beautifully read! Thank you!

I have just a couple of things for you to consider:

@ 10:00 throat clearing and pause
@ 15:32 there is a repeated line, "it remained to the....."
Kind Regards!
CJ

Ellaqyint

Post by Ellaqyint »

Stay home. Stay Safe. Stay Sane. :thumbs:
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

Hi all,

I'd like to help with this book. I'm new to Librivox reading, but not to recording audio. As a medieval historian I'm not afraid of Latin and not really afraid of French though I might have to look up some pronunciation. I thought I'd look through the chapters, but if there's one in particular that needs a reader with Latin skills I could look at that chapter first.
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

ghaelen wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:47 am Hi all,

I'd like to help with this book. I'm new to Librivox reading, but not to recording audio. As a medieval historian I'm not afraid of Latin and not really afraid of French though I might have to look up some pronunciation. I thought I'd look through the chapters, but if there's one in particular that needs a reader with Latin skills I could look at that chapter first.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Not sure which I would point you to first but you can have as much as you want to bite off! Welcome aboard! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kind Regards!
CJ

ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

gibhere2 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:05 pm
ghaelen wrote: December 9th, 2019, 11:47 am Hi all,

:clap: :clap: :clap: Not sure which I would point you to first but you can have as much as you want to bite off! Welcome aboard! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks!

I'd like to start with Section 2 - Preface, if it isn't assigned yet.

Quick question since I'm new and not sure where to find this info - when there are footnotes, quotes, blockquotes, parentheses, definitions, etc. is there a quick link to those conventions - how to (pause to) include them?
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

ghaelen wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm
Thanks!

Quick question since I'm new and not sure where to find this info - when there are footnotes, quotes, blockquotes, parentheses, definitions, etc. is there a quick link to those conventions - how to (pause to) include them?
I think most of our readers have just been ignoring the footnotes on focusing on the main text. I think there are a few schools of thought about how to do that, unfortunately, I don't know that I have seen any good suggestions that don't interrupt the text. Certainly open to recommendations or if you have a style and want to include footnotes, go for it.

Parentheses and blockquotes you can do as you prefer if you have your own style but a begin quote, end quote style would be fine.

I notice that you are have finished and passed your test reading. However, you are not yet added as a reader. Before I do that, I wanted to check and see if you had a preferred display name for recorded sections? Section 2 is yours. I will update that magic window as soon as I get clearance on a preferred name. Thanks! And welcome to LibriVox!
Kind Regards!
CJ

ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

gibhere2 wrote: December 9th, 2019, 6:49 pm
ghaelen wrote: December 9th, 2019, 12:57 pm
Thanks!

I think most of our readers have just been ignoring the footnotes on focusing on the main text. I think there are a few schools of thought about how to do that, unfortunately, I don't know that I have seen any good suggestions that don't interrupt the text. Certainly open to recommendations or if you have a style and want to include footnotes, go for it.

Parentheses and blockquotes you can do as you prefer if you have your own style but a begin quote, end quote style would be fine.

I notice that you are have finished and passed your test reading. However, you are not yet added as a reader. Before I do that, I wanted to check and see if you had a preferred display name for recorded sections? Section 2 is yours. I will update that magic window as soon as I get clearance on a preferred name. Thanks! And welcome to LibriVox!
I'll use DM Kiser for my display name, if that's ok. Thanks about the footnotes. I think I'll just follow your lead for now, as there really doesn't seem to be a satisfactory way to include them in an audio reading.
gibhere2

Post by gibhere2 »

Ellaqyint wrote: December 8th, 2019, 11:57 am okay, here's the fixed version. :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/oraclesofnostradamus_03_ward_128kb.mp3
Section 2 is PL OK! Thank you. :clap:
Kind Regards!
CJ