[ESSAYS] The Luggage of Life-FW Boreham d. 1959 - mas

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
mightyfelix
Posts: 4026
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 4th, 2019, 11:31 am

Thanks. If you like though, I will PL your sections so you don't have to give them up. If we don't find someone, that is. :wink:

EDIT: Out of curiosity, is this your first introduction to Boreham?

Lmnei
Posts: 2570
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » August 4th, 2019, 11:54 am

Thanks for the offer Devorah! I will take you ip on it and get them recorded!

Considering that, then why not just put me down for DPL then.

No, this is not the first time I have read Boreham...although I cannot remember when I read it last. The name is familiar though...

Lynda

mightyfelix
Posts: 4026
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 4th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Lmnei wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 11:54 am
Thanks for the offer Devorah! I will take you ip on it and get them recorded!

Considering that, then why not just put me down for DPL then.

No, this is not the first time I have read Boreham...although I cannot remember when I read it last. The name is familiar though...

Lynda
Great! MaryAnn, will you remove Lomond as DPL please and add in Lynda?

Lmnei
Posts: 2570
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » August 5th, 2019, 3:48 pm


MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15072
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » August 5th, 2019, 6:37 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Great! MaryAnn, will you remove Lomond as DPL please and add in Lynda?
Done.
MaryAnn

adr6090
Posts: 1454
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 5th, 2019, 7:01 pm

Hello,
Thank you for editing my audios and I will fix them and repost, probably tomorrow.
Lmnei wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 9:44 pm
Hi April -

Here is your PL feedback for Sections 14, 29 and 30.

Section 14 -
10:56 – Hon. – you said Honorary – should be Honorable when dealing with an MP. Here is a piece out of the British Parliament – “If the MP being addressed is a member of the same party they are referred to as "my Honourable friend". If the MP is a practising lawyer he or she is referred to as "Honourable and Learned"”
12:24 – stumble – just before proclamation

Section 29 –
The introduction for this Section is different than the other ones – you said at the beginning “On Conducting One’s Own Funeral” instead of “ The Luggage of Life” The Chapter Title belongs at the end of the Introduction which is where you also said it.

Section 30 –
3:14, 3:24, 3:39 – Dr. McLeod – it should be pronounced McCloud. He is a famous person.
8:05 – repeat – members…

Other than that they are VERY GOOD readings!

Lynda
April

jenno
Posts: 719
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » August 6th, 2019, 12:53 am

Please may I claim sections 12 and 13,An interesting read . I had forgotten about it having done some chapters earlier in the year.

Cheers


Jennifer

adr6090
Posts: 1454
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 6th, 2019, 2:14 pm

Hello again,
I am sorry to say that the minutes have just ticked on by so now I feel the need to rescind my statement of my getting the 3 sections edited and posted by today. I will get them edited and posted just not today.April
adr6090 wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 7:01 pm
Hello,
Thank you for editing my audios and I will fix them and repost, probably tomorrow.
Lmnei wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 9:44 pm
Hi April -

Here is your PL feedback for Sections 14, 29 and 30.

Section 14 -
10:56 – Hon. – you said Honorary – should be Honorable when dealing with an MP. Here is a piece out of the British Parliament – “If the MP being addressed is a member of the same party they are referred to as "my Honourable friend". If the MP is a practising lawyer he or she is referred to as "Honourable and Learned"”
12:24 – stumble – just before proclamation

Section 29 –
The introduction for this Section is different than the other ones – you said at the beginning “On Conducting One’s Own Funeral” instead of “ The Luggage of Life” The Chapter Title belongs at the end of the Introduction which is where you also said it.

Section 30 –
3:14, 3:24, 3:39 – Dr. McLeod – it should be pronounced McCloud. He is a famous person.
8:05 – repeat – members…

Other than that they are VERY GOOD readings!

Lynda

Lmnei
Posts: 2570
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » August 6th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Totally fine by me April - no rush!

Lynda

mightyfelix
Posts: 4026
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 6th, 2019, 10:46 pm

Lmnei wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 3:48 pm
Hi Devorah -

Here are my first 2 recordings for you to PL -

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/luggageoflife_15_boreham_128kb.mp3 - 13:24
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/luggageoflife_16_boreham_128kb.mp3 - 13:45

Lynda
Thanks. I hope to have time for these tomorrow.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4026
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 6th, 2019, 10:47 pm

jenno wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 12:53 am
Please may I claim sections 12 and 13,An interesting read . I had forgotten about it having done some chapters earlier in the year.

Cheers


Jennifer
All yours! Thanks for stopping back by. :wink:

adr6090
Posts: 1454
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 7th, 2019, 10:56 am

:thumbs:
Lmnei wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Totally fine by me April - no rush!

Lynda
April

adr6090
Posts: 1454
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 7th, 2019, 3:09 pm

April

adr6090
Posts: 1454
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » August 7th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Hello again,
May I please claim sections 21, 27 & 31
April

mightyfelix
Posts: 4026
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » August 8th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Thanks April. MW updated.

Lynda, I'll listen to your sections today for sure.

Post Reply