[ART] Lives of the Most Eminent Painters, Sculptors and Architects Vol 6 by Giorgio Vasari-leni

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10560
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 14th, 2019, 8:13 am

Thanks much, niobium. I will proof-listen your section as soon as possible, but just wanted to point out that the filename is not the one we are using. So we didn't have such a long name, as per the first post, we are using just "livesofpainters6_xx_vasari_128". But no need to change now, let's wait for the PLing.
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

wellblossomwing
Posts: 10
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 4:51 am

Post by wellblossomwing » August 19th, 2019, 2:26 am

hi there,

I would like to proof listen chapter 2 if that's ok?

Cheers,

wellblossomwing

wellblossomwing
Posts: 10
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 4:51 am

Post by wellblossomwing » August 19th, 2019, 2:35 am

hello again,

I'm new here so i'm not 100% sure how it all works. I was just looking to try some proof listening and it seemed that chapter 2 is available. But as i read the thread, it looks like someone is editing chapters 1-6 maybe, and i'm guessing that means they don't need a proof listener?

So i'm happy to proof listen any section or chapter to start with and then see how i go from there.

I'm hoping somebody might let me know which ones are available, i'm fine to do with any one of them for starters.

Cheers :-)

wellblossomwing

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10560
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 19th, 2019, 5:56 pm

wellblossomwing wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 2:35 am
hello again,

I'm new here so i'm not 100% sure how it all works. I was just looking to try some proof listening and it seemed that chapter 2 is available. But as i read the thread, it looks like someone is editing chapters 1-6 maybe, and i'm guessing that means they don't need a proof listener?

So i'm happy to proof listen any section or chapter to start with and then see how i go from there.

I'm hoping somebody might let me know which ones are available, i'm fine to do with any one of them for starters.

Cheers :-)

wellblossomwing
Hello

No, you are right, everything that is marked on the first post as Ready for PL needs PLing. :) Go for it.

And if you are interested in PLing, I dont know if someone else has pointed this out to you, but it could be useful: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ProofListening_tips_and_quiz
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

wellblossomwing
Posts: 10
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 4:51 am

Post by wellblossomwing » August 19th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Hi Leni,

Thanks a lot for letting me know and for the link to the PL tips and quiz. :)

Kind Regards,

wellblossomwing

wellblossomwing
Posts: 10
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 4:51 am

Post by wellblossomwing » August 20th, 2019, 10:10 pm

i'm just learning how to do this, but i listened to part 2 and it sounded just fine.

I messaged the reader with a little bit of feedback, but its such a great recording overall.

If its ok, i'll listen to the next section - 3 and continue as i am.

Please tell me if i need to do something differently.

Cheers,

wellblossomwing

wellblossomwing
Posts: 10
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 4:51 am

Post by wellblossomwing » August 20th, 2019, 11:46 pm

I just PL section 3 - its perfect. :-)

wellblossomwing
Posts: 10
Joined: August 16th, 2019, 4:51 am

Post by wellblossomwing » August 20th, 2019, 11:48 pm

hi again,

i'm happy to PL the rest of the sections that have been read.

Thats 4, 5, 6, 7 and 16.

Cheers :-)

MorganScorpion
Posts: 1058
Joined: August 13th, 2008, 7:19 am
Location: London

Post by MorganScorpion » August 21st, 2019, 11:57 am

May I have chs 12 & 13? San Gallo.
"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

PhyllisV
Posts: 113
Joined: January 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Post by PhyllisV » August 21st, 2019, 1:07 pm

I would like to claim sections 9 - 11

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10560
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 21st, 2019, 7:37 pm

wellblossomwing wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:48 pm
hi again,

i'm happy to PL the rest of the sections that have been read.

Thats 4, 5, 6, 7 and 16.

Cheers :-)
Thanks much for the PLing! I noted on the window.
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10560
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 21st, 2019, 7:40 pm

MorganScorpion wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 11:57 am
May I have chs 12 & 13? San Gallo.
Thanks, Morgan! :)
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10560
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 21st, 2019, 7:41 pm

PhyllisV wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 1:07 pm
I would like to claim sections 9 - 11
Thanks, sections assigned!
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

PhyllisV
Posts: 113
Joined: January 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Post by PhyllisV » August 24th, 2019, 10:04 am


Post Reply