COMPLETE: [ART] Lives of the Most Eminent Painters, Sculptors and Architects Vol 6 by Giorgio Vasari-leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wellblossomwing

Post by wellblossomwing »

PL ok for chapter 6 also :-)

I can also do PL for 11, 12 and 13

:-)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

wellblossomwing wrote: October 10th, 2019, 11:25 pm Hello,

PL for 4,5,7, 9, 10 and 16 all fine :-)

There were really only some very minor things that are not worth taking issue with.

If you want any more feedback, don't hesitate to private message me.
it would only be minor things like microphone position or slight word differences,
that's if there are any issues at all.
I'm hesitant because i seem to have unwittingly overstepped a boundary for a 1 minute test.

thank-you for all of your lovely voices and for reading the first book on art history.
Thanks for PLing, wellblossoming.

When in doubt about the PLing, it might be helpful to return to the Guide for Prooflisteners: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners And remember the standard PLing asks only for this:

Listen for repeated words or passages that the reader likely intended to edit out.
Note any long pauses or bad background noises that disrupt the flow of your listening pleasure.
Note that the intro and outro has the correct wording as noted in the first post of the project thread, and 5 seconds of silence at the end.
If the recording seems too loud or too quiet, please note that as well.
It is NOT necessary for you to follow along with the text; just listen as you would normally.

Since you have been PLing all sections here, would you like to become this project's Dedicated Proof-Listener? No pressure, if you can only help occasionaly, that is very welcome, but since you have been PLing here often, I thought I might ask. :D
Leni
=================
wellblossomwing

Post by wellblossomwing »

Hello Leni,

Thanks for your message, its good to confirm that minor things don't need to be commented on.
I just thought that if a reader wanted to know any more info, they can contact me in case they think it would be useful for slight improvements with any future recordings. Of course, its not necessary, but only if they are interested. And also as i'm new to Librivox and just learning the ropes, so your feedback is very much appreciated. Thanks for asking me if i could be the DPL for the project, I have been volunteered to PL for a lot of this book and there aren't many more chapters to go, so i'll consider it and get back to you.

Warm Regards :-)
IstXA

Post by IstXA »

Hi, Leni, may I have section 20, please? Thanks
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

IstXA wrote: October 19th, 2019, 5:59 pm Hi, Leni, may I have section 20, please? Thanks
Sure, thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================
IstXA

Post by IstXA »

Leni wrote: October 20th, 2019, 8:13 am
IstXA wrote: October 19th, 2019, 5:59 pm Hi, Leni, may I have section 20, please? Thanks
Sure, thanks for claiming!
Thank you Leni. :help: A question: what is the rule for reading sentences in brackets?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

There is no rule, really, except to try to make it understandable for the listener. So, sometimes changing the inflection of the voice is enough; or you can say "brackets" "end of brackets". Whichever way you feel sounds more natural.
Leni
=================
IstXA

Post by IstXA »

Leni wrote: October 20th, 2019, 4:25 pm There is no rule, really, except to try to make it understandable for the listener. So, sometimes changing the inflection of the voice is enough; or you can say "brackets" "end of brackets". Whichever way you feel sounds more natural.
Great! Thanks.
IstXA

Post by IstXA »

Section 20 uploaded. Exceptionally long sentences - could be used for English grammar analysis in a middle school. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livesofpainters6_20_vasari_128kb.mp3
8m59s
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

IstXA wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:43 am Section 20 uploaded. Exceptionally long sentences - could be used for English grammar analysis in a middle school. :mrgreen:

8m59s
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the recording!
Leni
=================
linny

Post by linny »

IstXA wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:43 am Section 20 uploaded. Exceptionally long sentences - could be used for English grammar analysis in a middle school. :mrgreen:

8m59s
Lovely reading!

The volume is a little too low however at 85.5dB. We aim for 89dB with an acceptable allowance of 86-92dB. Once you increase the volume you may need to do a light noise cleaning as well. If you are using Audacity and have any questions about how to make the changes just ask and I can walk you though it.
linny

Post by linny »

wellblossomwing wrote: October 10th, 2019, 11:41 pm PL ok for chapter 6 also :-)

I can also do PL for 11, 12 and 13

:-)
Leni,
I know Wellblossomwing claimed 11-13 but I figured 20 was fair game. :wink: I can't DPL but I'm keeping an eye out until you get one.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

That is fine, thanks, linny!
Leni
=================
IstXA

Post by IstXA »

linny wrote: October 24th, 2019, 10:02 am

8m59s
Lovely reading!

The volume is a little too low however at 85.5dB. We aim for 89dB with an acceptable allowance of 86-92dB. Once you increase the volume you may need to do a light noise cleaning as well. If you are using Audacity and have any questions about how to make the changes just ask and I can walk you though it.
Revision is now uploaded. Please let me know if I shall do further adjustment. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livesofpainters6_20_vasari_128kb.mp3 (8m59s)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

IstXA wrote: October 25th, 2019, 5:48 am Revision is now uploaded. Please let me know if I shall do further adjustment. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/livesofpainters6_20_vasari_128kb.mp3 (8m59s)
Thanks!
Leni
=================