Post by Lynnet »

Caesura wrote: July 7th, 2019, 7:54 pm Hi,
I'll take section 5 if possible.
Thanks!
Sam
Enjoy!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Before I ask to be assigned a part, I just HAVE TO ASK: in sections 6 - 10 is the main character's name to be pronounced as the Yiddish word Schlemiel? and is he one? :roll:
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: August 13th, 2019, 7:34 pm Before I ask to be assigned a part, I just HAVE TO ASK: in sections 6 - 10 is the main character's name to be pronounced as the Yiddish word Schlemiel? and is he one? :roll:
No idea. If you would like to read them, you get to choose :wink:
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

williamjones wrote: August 13th, 2019, 7:34 pm Before I ask to be assigned a part, I just HAVE TO ASK: in sections 6 - 10 is the main character's name to be pronounced as the Yiddish word Schlemiel? and is he one? :roll:
The last name IS the Yiddish for a bungler (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schlemihl). Hope you would take it, this story is the main reason I'm DPLing :-)
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

karlkuzmich wrote: August 14th, 2019, 5:29 am
The last name IS the Yiddish for a bungler (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schlemihl). Hope you would take it, this story is the main reason I'm DPLing :-)
OK, Lynne/Mark, I'll volunteer for sections 6 and 7 and we'll see how it goes (Посмотрим как пойдет).
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: August 14th, 2019, 6:35 am
karlkuzmich wrote: August 14th, 2019, 5:29 am
OK, Lynne/Mark, I'll volunteer for sections 6 and 7 and we'll see how it goes (Посмотрим как пойдет).
You've got them.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded section 6 - Schliemihl chapter 1

germanauthorsvol2_01_various_128kb.mp3 31:25

If chapter 1 is an indicator, this will be delightful set of sections to record!

Chapter 2 will follow tomorrow.

And I enthusiastically request to be assigned the remainder of the Schliemihl Sections!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:16 am Uploaded section 6 - Schliemihl chapter 1

germanauthorsvol2_01_various_128kb.mp3 31:25

If chapter 1 is an indicator, this will be delightful set of sections to record!

Chapter 2 will follow tomorrow.

And I enthusiastically request to be assigned the remainder of the Schliemihl Sections!
Thank you — but can you please reupload, using the file number _06_ and post the full link.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: August 18th, 2019, 12:13 pm
williamjones wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:16 am

Thank you — but can you please reupload, using the file number _06_ and post the full link.
=======================

Re-Uploaded Section 06 (Schliemihl Chapter 1)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol2_06_various_128kb.mp3 31:25

I believe that somehow in writing my post which announced my upload of section 6, the "'1" in "Chapter 1" somehow ended up in overwriting the "6" in the "_06_" in the link.
I'm pretty sure I uploaded the correct file and the uploaded file has the correct name, but I screwed up what I wrote in my post. Only a true "schliemihl" would make such an error. Sorry.

Chapter 2 coming tomorrow morning.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: August 18th, 2019, 4:43 pm
Lynnet wrote: August 18th, 2019, 12:13 pm
williamjones wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:16 am

=======================

Re-Uploaded Section 06 (Schliemihl Chapter 1)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol2_06_various_128kb.mp3 31:25

I believe that somehow in writing my post which announced my upload of section 6, the "'1" in "Chapter 1" somehow ended up in overwriting the "6" in the "_06_" in the link.
I'm pretty sure I uploaded the correct file and the uploaded file has the correct name, but I screwed up what I wrote in my post. Only a true "schliemihl" would make such an error. Sorry.

Chapter 2 coming tomorrow morning.
Not to worry. Even if you did upload _01_, there wasn’t a previous file to overwrite. I could check on the server, but I’m not logged in, it’s a hassle and I’m lazy...
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: August 18th, 2019, 4:52 pm
Not to worry. Even if you did upload _01_, there wasn’t a previous file to overwrite. I could check on the server, but I’m not logged in, it’s a hassle and I’m lazy...
As long as I've ultimately uploaded the correct file, I have no need to delve into the whys and hows of my screw-up.

Section 7, Chapter 2 is not as riveting as section 6, Chapter 1, but
I still hope I can be assigned the other Schliemihl sections, tho.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

williamjones wrote: August 18th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Already done :D
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Lynnet wrote: August 18th, 2019, 5:49 pm
williamjones wrote: August 18th, 2019, 5:28 pm
Already done :D
Yaaaaaay! :9:
Thank you.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Section 7 Chapter 2 of the Schliemihl story

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol2_07_various_128kb.mp3 39:27

Such a schliemihl am I! I uploaded this to the Coffee Break Collection first!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison