[GROUP] Why is the Negro Lynched? by Frederick Douglass -mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
genep
Posts: 22
Joined: January 23rd, 2021, 7:04 am

Post by genep » February 23rd, 2021, 11:55 am

Holy Moly. I am so overwhelmed at this second. Not with technicalities but with this man and this chapter. I know this is not the place to editorialize, and I wont. This man has been a hero of mine for years, and as I read through my chapter, preparing it for recording, I was completely blown away by the applicability of his thoughts now, as then.

I feel humbled, thrilled and terrified to read his words and represent him well.

Just one of those things I needed to get out, and couldn't just drop this seemingly random thought on my friends who aren't involved. I'm so pleased we are recording this book. Thank you to whomever started and resurrected it.

I knew you'd understand.
g

Kalamareader
Posts: 1003
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » February 23rd, 2021, 1:04 pm

silverquill wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 10:17 am

PL OK, except we need the end of book blurb since this is the last chapter:

At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Why is the Negro Lynched?, by Frederick Douglass. "
Larry,

DUH!!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/whyisthenegrolynched_07_douglass_128kb.mp3

New time: 11:41

Wayne

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

Kalamareader
Posts: 1003
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » February 23rd, 2021, 1:05 pm

genep wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 11:55 am
Holy Moly. I am so overwhelmed at this second. Not with technicalities but with this man and this chapter. I know this is not the place to editorialize, and I wont. This man has been a hero of mine for years, and as I read through my chapter, preparing it for recording, I was completely blown away by the applicability of his thoughts now, as then.

I feel humbled, thrilled and terrified to read his words and represent him well.

Just one of those things I needed to get out, and couldn't just drop this seemingly random thought on my friends who aren't involved. I'm so pleased we are recording this book. Thank you to whomever started and resurrected it.

I knew you'd understand.
g
"g",

I agree wholeheartedly.

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 23rd, 2021, 8:24 pm

genep wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 11:55 am
Holy Moly. I am so overwhelmed at this second. Not with technicalities but with this man and this chapter. I know this is not the place to editorialize, and I wont. This man has been a hero of mine for years, and as I read through my chapter, preparing it for recording, I was completely blown away by the applicability of his thoughts now, as then.

I feel humbled, thrilled and terrified to read his words and represent him well.

Just one of those things I needed to get out, and couldn't just drop this seemingly random thought on my friends who aren't involved. I'm so pleased we are recording this book. Thank you to whomever started and resurrected it.

I knew you'd understand.
g
This is why we do what we do. :9:

I'm so glad you're finding that your time here is well spent.

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 23rd, 2021, 9:48 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 1:04 pm
silverquill wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 10:17 am

PL OK, except we need the end of book blurb since this is the last chapter:

At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Why is the Negro Lynched?, by Frederick Douglass. "
Larry,

DUH!!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/whyisthenegrolynched_07_douglass_128kb.mp3

New time: 11:41

Wayne

P.S. Thanks for the kind words.
:lol: Not like I've never done this.
All is well, and it is great to have you ending this book.

Uncannily timely and relevant, isn't it?
And that is sad . . . .
Like he's been reading our news today?

So, I would add that it is
~ Larry

Kalamareader
Posts: 1003
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » February 23rd, 2021, 10:33 pm

Hi,

I guess I will just have to ask for Chapter 5.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 23rd, 2021, 11:11 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 10:33 pm
Hi,

I guess I will just have to ask for Chapter 5.

Thanks,

Wayne
Well, I guess I'll have to assign it to you. :)

genep
Posts: 22
Joined: January 23rd, 2021, 7:04 am

Post by genep » February 24th, 2021, 7:14 am

Kalamareader wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 10:33 pm
Hi,

I guess I will just have to ask for Chapter 5.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne, if you don’t get to it, I can do it in March. I was going to sign up but wanted to wait till I finished 4
G

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 24th, 2021, 3:28 pm

Just one section left -- longer than the others, but I'm sure someone will pick this up. :wink:
~ Larry

Kalamareader
Posts: 1003
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » February 24th, 2021, 7:51 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 11:11 pm
Kalamareader wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 10:33 pm
Hi,

I guess I will just have to ask for Chapter 5.

Thanks,

Wayne
Well, I guess I'll have to assign it to you. :)
Here is Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/whyisthenegrolynched_05_douglass_128kb.mp3

Time 11:58

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 24th, 2021, 9:04 pm

Thanks, Wayne! :D

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 24th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 7:51 pm

Here is Chapter 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/whyisthenegrolynched_05_douglass_128kb.mp3

Time 11:58

Thanks,

Wayne
Great!
PL OK. Thanks again, Wayne!
~ Larry

genep
Posts: 22
Joined: January 23rd, 2021, 7:04 am

Post by genep » February 25th, 2021, 1:15 pm

Here's chapter 4


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/whyisthenegrolynched_04_douglass_128kb.mp3

13:24

Gene

If no one has claimed 6, I can do it next week, after I make corrections here.

silverquill
Posts: 16602
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 25th, 2021, 11:14 pm

genep wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 1:15 pm
Here's chapter 4


https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/whyisthenegrolynched_04_douglass_128kb.mp3

13:24

Gene

If no one has claimed 6, I can do it next week, after I make corrections here.
Well, no corrections to make for this one. :thumbs:
I've updated the MW and marked it PL OK.

I'm sure Devorah will be glad for you to record Section 6.
~ Larry

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7531
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » February 26th, 2021, 12:47 pm

genep wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 1:15 pm
If no one has claimed 6, I can do it next week, after I make corrections here.
Sounds perfect! Thanks for making us fully subscribed! Let's go to Readers Found! :9:

Post Reply