[CHILDREN'S ADVENTURE] Haworth's by Frances Hodgson Burnett - ke

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8107
Joined: May 14th, 2012, 5:09 am
Location: in the sun

Post by kathrinee » May 20th, 2020, 3:16 pm

kathrinee wrote:
May 17th, 2020, 10:02 pm
ej400 wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 10:29 pm
kathrinee wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 9:09 pm

I am a little bit confused, because section 17 is marked PL OK in the MW. I haven't read through the whole thread to see what is going on, but from the comment it sounds like Chad uploaded section 17, there were PL notes and he uploaded again. But the new link still goes to the old file.
Polaroid accidentally uploaded section 17 (which is, and was PL OK), so Chad's PL OK section 17 was replaced with the accidental section 17 file.
I see! We should still be able to find it in the uploader. I'll poke around tomorrow, hopefully with better wifi :)
Elijah, here is Chad's section 17 that was overwritten https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/haworths_17_burnett_128kb2020_04_23_22_28_54.mp3
Please doublecheck that it is correct when you paste it into the MW (just because it is good practice to always double check :) ) Thanks!
Kathrine

kri
Posts: 5354
Joined: January 3rd, 2006, 8:34 pm
Location: Keene NH
Contact:

Post by kri » June 1st, 2020, 6:14 am

I’m sorry I won’t be able to finish this like I thought. I will have to relinquish my chapter.

ej400
Posts: 2754
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 2nd, 2020, 3:09 am

kri wrote:
June 1st, 2020, 6:14 am
I’m sorry I won’t be able to finish this like I thought. I will have to relinquish my chapter.
Thank you for letting me know :D

Redkatboo
Posts: 7
Joined: June 27th, 2020, 10:12 am
Location: Kansas

Post by Redkatboo » June 28th, 2020, 1:20 am

We are new to Librivox! Redkatboo would be interested in claiming chapters 26-30 if they are still available. You can hear our test here (it clearly needs some work, I am still learning Adobe Audition). One is my test (klr), the other is my daughter's (cb). She will be doing the reading, I will be doing the editing before she uploads. I thought these were the same audio settings but they have very different sounds. Let me know what I need to fix.
Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_klr_test_2_mono.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_cb_test_2_mono.mp3.
Claire Redick

ej400
Posts: 2754
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 29th, 2020, 4:11 am

Redkatboo wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 1:20 am
We are new to Librivox! Redkatboo would be interested in claiming chapters 26-30 if they are still available. You can hear our test here (it clearly needs some work, I am still learning Adobe Audition). One is my test (klr), the other is my daughter's (cb). She will be doing the reading, I will be doing the editing before she uploads. I thought these were the same audio settings but they have very different sounds. Let me know what I need to fix.
Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_klr_test_2_mono.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_cb_test_2_mono.mp3.
Hello and welcome to librivox! Once your one minute test is complete, you can go ahead and read for those sections. I'll put you down for them for now. Also how would you (or your daughter????) like to be credited in our forum?

Thank you! :D

Hopeforce1
Posts: 57
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 3:06 am

Post by Hopeforce1 » June 29th, 2020, 11:03 am

Hi, I would like to claim section 31.

Hopeforce1.

ej400
Posts: 2754
Joined: September 24th, 2014, 10:26 am
Location: Minnesota

Post by ej400 » June 29th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Hopeforce1 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 11:03 am
Hi, I would like to claim section 31.

Hopeforce1.
Thank you for claiming!

Redkatboo
Posts: 7
Joined: June 27th, 2020, 10:12 am
Location: Kansas

Post by Redkatboo » June 29th, 2020, 6:52 pm

ej400 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 4:11 am
Redkatboo wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 1:20 am
We are new to Librivox! Redkatboo would be interested in claiming chapters 26-30 if they are still available. You can hear our test here (it clearly needs some work, I am still learning Adobe Audition). One is my test (klr), the other is my daughter's (cb). She will be doing the reading, I will be doing the editing before she uploads. I thought these were the same audio settings but they have very different sounds. Let me know what I need to fix.
Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_klr_test_2_mono.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_cb_test_2_mono.mp3.
Hello and welcome to librivox! Once your one minute test is complete, you can go ahead and read for those sections. I'll put you down for them for now. Also how would you (or your daughter????) like to be credited in our forum?


Thank you! :D
You can credit her as Claire Redick (this will be her account) and she may change her username to CBRedick. She will record another test with the corrections requested shortly. Once we have that approved, she'll start recording. Thank you!

Redkatboo
Posts: 7
Joined: June 27th, 2020, 10:12 am
Location: Kansas

Post by Redkatboo » July 1st, 2020, 7:07 pm

ej400 wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 4:11 am
Redkatboo wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 1:20 am
We are new to Librivox! Redkatboo would be interested in claiming chapters 26-30 if they are still available. You can hear our test here (it clearly needs some work, I am still learning Adobe Audition). One is my test (klr), the other is my daughter's (cb). She will be doing the reading, I will be doing the editing before she uploads. I thought these were the same audio settings but they have very different sounds. Let me know what I need to fix.
Thank you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_klr_test_2_mono.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_cb_test_2_mono.mp3.
Hello and welcome to librivox! Once your one minute test is complete, you can go ahead and read for those sections. I'll put you down for them for now. Also how would you (or your daughter????) like to be credited in our forum?

Thank you! :D

Here is the new test for Claire Redick (who will be attached to this account). Thank you! https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/redkatboo_cb_second_test.mp3
Claire Redick

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 5478
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » July 2nd, 2020, 7:46 am

Redkatboo wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:52 pm
You can credit her as Claire Redick (this will be her account) and she may change her username to CBRedick. She will record another test with the corrections requested shortly. Once we have that approved, she'll start recording. Thank you!
Welcome to both of you! You may have seen that your most recent test is now approved! I'd like you to know, though, that changing a user name is not easy to do. There are only a handful of people, even among the admins, who have the ability to do it. So it's not generally recommended, unless there is a really good reason.

That being said, I hope that you have a great time reading, and ask if you need anything else! :)

Redkatboo
Posts: 7
Joined: June 27th, 2020, 10:12 am
Location: Kansas

Post by Redkatboo » July 2nd, 2020, 7:59 am

mightyfelix wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 7:46 am
Redkatboo wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 6:52 pm
You can credit her as Claire Redick (this will be her account) and she may change her username to CBRedick. She will record another test with the corrections requested shortly. Once we have that approved, she'll start recording. Thank you!
Welcome to both of you! You may have seen that your most recent test is now approved! I'd like you to know, though, that changing a user name is not easy to do. There are only a handful of people, even among the admins, who have the ability to do it. So it's not generally recommended, unless there is a really good reason.

That being said, I hope that you have a great time reading, and ask if you need anything else! :)
Thank you! This is Claire, I will stay Redkatboo. (If my Mom wants her own account, she will register for a new one.) I'm excited to start reading!
Claire Redick

Post Reply