[COMPLETE] The Book of Jubilees by Robert Charles - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Talespinner wrote: January 9th, 2021, 10:27 pm Hi Lynette,

Are you the BC for this project? I'd like to claim some chapters here. I'll do 21-25 to start, if that's OK. And if you still need some further help with the project after that, then we'll see what else I can do.

Daryl
Hi Daryl - yes, I am. Nice to see you again!

21 thru 25 are assigned for you - appreciate your help.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Kaity!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
tac107

Post by tac107 »

LCaulkins wrote: January 10th, 2021, 7:17 pm Thanks, Kaity!
Did you PL this really quick or was it marked PL OK by mistake?
If she's passin' back this way
I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up
If she's got the time

Tatiana
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

No! That is for you! I messed it up. It's on the proper setting now. :oops:
~Lynette * -
tac107

Post by tac107 »

Kaitybg7 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:49 pm Chapter 18 (4:36)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_18_charles_128kb.mp3
PL OK! Great reading, gave me chills listening to your interpretation of God talking to Abraham.
If she's got the time

Tatiana
Talespinner

Post by Talespinner »

Hi Lynette,

Here's chapter 21. I noticed everyone was still using Annise in the upload name, so I did the same. If you want me to re-do it with your name, just let me know.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_21_charles_128kb.mp3
Duration is 8:33

Daryl
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The uploader folder is the MCs and I am still the MC - it is just the BC that changed as the solist- the original BC was unable to continue, so please keep using my folder

Anne
Talespinner

Post by Talespinner »

Sorry Annise,

I'm still kind of new at this. I thought Lynette was the one I was reporting to. I guess she's the BC but you're the MC. You get the technical stuff. I think I get it now.
Anyway, here's chapter 22. The duration is 10:00 exactly.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_22_charles_128kb.mp3
Hope you enjoy,

Daryl
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We were all new once - and asking is how we learn. I add it to the database, catalogue it when it is finished and step in if I am needed. :D

Anne
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Talespinner wrote: January 15th, 2021, 10:47 pm Sorry Annise,

I'm still kind of new at this. I thought Lynette was the one I was reporting to. I guess she's the BC but you're the MC. You get the technical stuff. I think I get it now.
Anyway, here's chapter 22. The duration is 10:00 exactly.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_22_charles_128kb.mp3
Hope you enjoy,

Daryl
Thank you, Daryl! Both of your recordings are loaded into the MW for our prooflistener. Sure appreciate your contributions!

Yes, I very well remember being completely bewildered when I was new in LibrVox. All the information and procedures and specs that seem run-of-the-mill and quite clear to me now were a dizzying array of "stuff". So don't worry one bit about any confusion.

There's a nice division of work in LV that cuts down on mistakes, since different eyes review things. As BC (book coordinator), I load the links and supporting information into the MW and toggle the working cue for the prooflistener, and I'll communicate with readers as they post files or questions, and I coordinate section requests and keep overall track of making sure requests that don't get fulfilled are extended or opened up for new readers, depending on where we are in the project and communications with the original requester.

As our book's DPL (dedicated prooflistener), tac107 will check the recordings that get listed in the MW for correct specifications and listen from beginning to end to catch any edits that are needed. She'll toggle the work cue for the reader's attention and post notes about changes that might be needed (or let you know that it is PL OK and toggle the section as such).

MCs (meta coordinator) oversee the project as it's being worked on, answer questions from the BC, DPL, or readers if they see them first or the BC is unsure of an answer, and they do the work to upload the finalized files and the book information to Archive so that the audiobook gets released to the public. You won't generally see them "talk" a lot in the discussion boards, since they run a lot of projects, but they keep a close eye on discussions, as I always get a fast response if I post a question to them. Each MC has their own upload folder so that the files for the projects they're overseeing are all in their virtual workspace. They have magic abilities where they can even pull past files out of the nether for us in unusual situations, so long as they were correctly filed in their MC folder! I actually think I remeber an MC getting a file from another MC once, that had been uploaded to the wrong MC folder. They are mystical beings, our MCs! 8-)

I think it's all pretty cool and efficient, once you're familiar with the system.

We're really happy to have you with us here in LibriVox. I promise everything gets simpler as your exposure time increases. (Same with recording/editing - it gets easier as you go along)
~Lynette * -
Kaitybg7

Post by Kaitybg7 »

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you very much :) Section 19 is loaded for our DPL
~Lynette * -
tac107

Post by tac107 »

Kaitybg7 wrote: January 16th, 2021, 9:42 am Chapter 19 (6:25)

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_19_charles_128kb.mp3
PL OK, thanks!
If she's got the time

Tatiana
tac107

Post by tac107 »

Talespinner wrote: January 15th, 2021, 7:13 pm Hi Lynette,

Here's chapter 21. I noticed everyone was still using Annise in the upload name, so I did the same. If you want me to re-do it with your name, just let me know.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_21_charles_128kb.mp3
Duration is 8:33

Daryl
PL OK! :thumbs:
If she's got the time

Tatiana