[COMPLETE] The Book of Jubilees by Robert Charles - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

The Book of Jubilees by Robert Charles (1885 - 1931).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/the-book-of-jubilees-by-anonymous/

The Book of Jubilees, sometimes called Lesser Genesis (Leptogenesis), is an ancient Jewish religious work of 50 chapters, considered canonical by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church as well as Beta Israel (Ethiopian Jews), where it is known as the Book of Division (Ge'ez: መጽሃፈ ኩፋሌ Mets'hafe Kufale). Jubilees is considered one of the pseudepigrapha by Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox Churches.[1] It is also not considered canonical within Judaism outside of the Beta Israel. ( Wikipedia)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/CHARLESBookOfJubilees
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be reinstated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: tdHsxbGT

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Robert Charles) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Charles_(scholar)

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilees
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 50 chapters
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    [*]Original publication date (if known): Original manuscripts date roughly to the 15th and 16th century.
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Steven Olson Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================
[/size]
Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book: christian, religious, jewish, dead sea scrolls, extra biblical

============================================

Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz[*]

The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Jubilees. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "The Book of Jubilees, translated by Robert Charles. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Jubilees translated by Robert Charles. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of The Book of Jubilees, translated by Robert Charles. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename bookofjubilees_##_charles_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bookofjubilees_01_charles_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by timetravel718 on February 12th, 2019, 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You need a proper heading - look at the other projects in the launch pad. You can edit by clicking the pencil icon top right hand side All that shows at present is So - which hardly helps anyone find it

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Ha ha! Didn't even realized that was how it saved. Oopsies. Check.
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Oh. Uhh. I apologize. It looks like I may have created two launchpad pages. So here is the one we have talked on. And here is the other one.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=73833

Please feel free to delete one, or whatever you need to do. Sorry. Really don't know how I did that. I thought the first time i didn't finish the process right, but apparently I still created a thread.

Again. Sorry. Please forgive the noob.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK I'll set it up

Am I correct - you do not want to read the preface or introduction so you will be starting page 99 ? of the volume (which then starts renumbering at one?

Are you planning to read the footnotes?

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Correct. I am interested in the texts, but not so much the intro/preface. It's super long and partially in German. So thank you, but no thank you.

Along with that I plan on skipping the footnotes so the text flows better. On paper footnotes are great, but I've listened to audiobooks with footnotes before, and it can be a little confusing.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Next thing to learn is how to maintain your MW - it's a lot in 1 step I know, that's why we encourage people to start in a group project where it is someone else's job, but here goes

Now that you are a soloist, you will be your own BC (book coordinator). That means that you will enter the links to your recordings into the Magic Window (MW) (the scrolling window in the first post). Here is a document that explains how to get into the MW the first time:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs

And here is another document that explains how to keep the MW up to date etc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ

You will notice I entered section titles for the first couple just to explain where things go. You need to fill them all in before you record so I can check that the reading matches and you don't have to change things already read - you can change them if you have another idea

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Awesome. I started reading the info and hopefully I can be ready to start recording in the next day or two. I've been playing with my editing equipment as well. Please check my latest level test and hopefully we will have this under control soon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/Jubilees_audio_range_test.mp3
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Have you tried to edit the MW yet ?
Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Negative on the MW. Like I said, I started to read the info, but time got away from me.

How are my audio levels on the test I sent you?
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Okay. Started the MW stuff. When I click on BC under the window it says I don't have access.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Could you try again? It takes a while for things to all work sometimes.
We don't have a dpl yet so there is no one to listen to the sound yet. Let's get the project all set up.

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Ha ha! BC access is good now. Looks like a big spreadsheet. This should be easy enough. I still have to read the how to sheet in full, but it seems good for a start.

Should I post my volume test to the listeners wanted section instead, or should I leave it as is?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You were given an OK , but if you want to check again , yes
Do you get wave forms with any of your approaches ? Before we had any other way we would base it on that. Audacity has a scale of -_1 to -1 , as long as the +side averaged round the .5 mark and didn't hit the 1 it was OK and you can watch this while recording.
I don't have a problem if it's a little loud as long as there is no clipping especially with a Solo

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Hey! Just wanted to check in. So. The editing process is kind of a mess on mobile. I've been playing with it, and I think I've figured out how I can make it work, but it's been a trial and error process up to this point.

If all goes as planned I can actually get you the first chapter in th next few days, you can review it and see if the quality of the recording is good enough, and we can go from there.