Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Steve wrote: April 26th, 2019, 5:45 am Section 02 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/modernmechanism_02_williams_128kb.mp3

Duration: 37:50

Cheers

Steve

Section 2 is very well read and the National Cash Register company sounds like the ideal place for employees. They took very good care of their workers, happy workers are productive. Many companies seem to have forgotten that. I just have one question for Carolin to answer before I OK it. It says in the instructions not to read the descriptions of the illustrations. I noticed that you didn't read the caption under the first illustration, but you did read the description of the second illustration that starts at about line 50 with "The cut (Fig 1) I need to know if that should be cut or if it can be left in. You read it very well.

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Steve

Post by Steve »

aniroo wrote: April 30th, 2019, 8:58 am I just have one question for Carolin to answer before I OK it. It says in the instructions not to read the descriptions of the illustrations. I noticed that you didn't read the caption under the first illustration, but you did read the description of the second illustration that starts at about line 50 with "The cut (Fig 1) I need to know if that should be cut or if it can be left in.

Thanks,
aniroo
As you observed, I ignored the first caption since it was related to the photograph. I included the paragraphs between Fig 1 & Fig 2 because although they related to the two illustrations, I thought that they were written in such a way that a listener would be able to imagine the workings of the register, even without being able to see the drawing related to the text.

It would be no problem to remove that section of the recording if Carolin considers it necessary.
aniroo wrote: April 30th, 2019, 8:58 am You read it very well.
Thank you for that! :)

Steve
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both! in that case, the one description can be left in :)
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #2 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:

thanks,
aniroo

PS I got a question right on a TV quiiz show, Jeopardy. The answer was "what counting device comes from the word for sand"

An ABACUS. I knew because I listened to this.
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, I'm a newcomer, so please correct me if I'm not following the right procedures. I'd like to claim Section 9 and 10, the first 2 showing "open", for reading. I'm also interested in trying out as a PL, but I'm not sure exactly how to identify sections not PL'ed.

I did pass the 1 minute test previously.

Tina Ding
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you aniroo!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

tding wrote: May 7th, 2019, 12:59 pm Hello, I'm a newcomer, so please correct me if I'm not following the right procedures. I'd like to claim Section 9 and 10, the first 2 showing "open", for reading. I'm also interested in trying out as a PL, but I'm not sure exactly how to identify sections not PL'ed.

I did pass the 1 minute test previously.

Tina Ding
Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog. :)

Thank you also for your interest in proof listening! This particular project has a dpl already. A dpl is a dedicated proof listener who listens to all the sections when they come in. Thats also why there are no sections needing pl in this project :) you can find projects that dont have a dpl in the following ways.
1. In listeners wanted, book coordinators can post to ask for proof listening viewforum.php?f=21
2. When browsing the forum, look for projects the title of which start with a ~ this is the secret sign we came up with to show that a project does not yet have a dpl.

Thank you!
Carolin
tding

Post by tding »

Thank you for the reply. I’d just go by Tina Ding. Have a good day!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great, i have signed you up! Your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13339

You can get started right away! Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions :thumbs:
Carolin
tding

Post by tding »

Hello, Section 09, 24 minutes long, was uploaded at:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/modernmechanism_09_williams_128kb.mp3

I am not sure what I need to do on the personal page though.

Tina Ding
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you!
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

tding wrote: May 17th, 2019, 7:52 am Hello, Section 09, 24 minutes long, was uploaded at:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/modernmechanism_09_williams_128kb.mp3

I am not sure what I need to do on the personal page though.

Tina Ding
Hi, Section 9 was well read, :clap: but there is just on technical aspect that could make it better.

PL NOTE : at around 20:11 - 21:00 there is a noticeable drop in volume. If you could just amplify that section by 1, it would make a big difference. Thanks.

aniroo