The Ordeal of Richard Feverel by George Meredith - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, all yours. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. Would you like to read more sections from this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

jenno wrote: September 15th, 2019, 12:45 am Here is chapter 35

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ordealofrichardfeverel_35_meredith_128kb.mp3

duration 39.14

I had great difficulty with this chapter. Not quite sure why - cadence awkward and some how it sounded disjointed.

I feel I may have read too slowly.also.

If you are not happy with it I would be perfectly OK to do it again .

Cheers

Jennifer
Absolutely love your reading of this!! You make the people come to life! :wink:

The sound does seem like it should have some help, though I don't know what that'd be. Let's just say your voice sounds a little muffled or something. But I'm pretty sure it can easily be fixed up (if you know what you're doing :lol: )!
There is also a bit of background noise (shuffling of papers?) at ~31:10.

I haven't ever done any recording, so while I think I know what I like to hear, I have no idea how to get it there! :hmm: Maybe Phil could help us out a bit on this...
~Rosebud
jenno

Post by jenno »

here is a revised chapter 35.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ordealofrichardfeverel_35_meredith_128kb.mp3

duration unchanged

I really haven't done very much to it as I could not find excessive muffling in it.
I have done another replay gain run and also noise reduction.

I cannot think what else to do if it is still not suitable . As you say - maybe Phil could advise me.

I will not accept the next chapter until everyone is happy with this one. so if someone else puts up their hand for Chapter 36 that's fine by me.

Cheers

Jennifer
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Very late here. A family member is ill so I am here less. Will pm Phil soon. if I don't do that by tomorrow evening, pm me.
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Sorry for your troubles...hope all will be well soon
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

jenno wrote: September 27th, 2019, 5:19 pm here is a revised chapter 35.

duration unchanged

I really haven't done very much to it as I could not find excessive muffling in it.
I have done another replay gain run and also noise reduction.

I cannot think what else to do if it is still not suitable . As you say - maybe Phil could advise me.

I will not accept the next chapter until everyone is happy with this one. so if someone else puts up their hand for Chapter 36 that's fine by me.

Cheers

Jennifer
I’m afraid I discouraged you! I’m sorry! The story is captivating enough that you easily forget about the echo or whatever it is. And I have a feeling Phil would say it’s minor enough not to make a big deal of it.

My opinion: if there’s an easy way of improving the sound, great. If not, your reading style of the text will soon have people wrapped up in the story where they’ll never think anything of it.

I’d say unless Phil comes along with advice to change something, I’ll consider it PL OK. I definitely want to hear you read more!!
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 9:39 am Here is Section 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ordealofrichardfeverel_01_meredith_128kb.mp3 17.94 KB

19:08

Jim :thumbs:
Section 1 PL OK :clap:
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

PL OK :thumbs:

Sorry, I've been busy otherwise and didn't get to your sections as soon as I hoped! Hopefully I'll be able to do at least one per day now till I get caught up...

Thank you for your patience!
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

ABC1 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 5:27 pm I've recorded section 42. Here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ordealofrichardfeverel_42_meredith_128kb.mp3

Let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks again for organizing this!
PL OK

When did this appear in the MW? I hadn’t realized it’s existence till yesterday or so.. No problem though, I can easily see why it was probably missed, as the claim was made before the MW was up.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

PL OK :9:

Poor Lucy! How sad to feel as though a bad omen attended your wedding.
The title of Mrs. Berry’s book totally surprised me! :lol: I expected it to be a Bible, but it’s just like her to place the emphasis on cooking :D
~Rosebud