[Complete] A Battle of the Books by Gail Hamilton -ck/lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :D
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

BurgundyGrace wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 6:24 am Here is section 3 of A Battle of the Books: Rise and Progess of Suspicion in the SOUL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/battleofthebooks_03_hamilton_128kb.mp3 35.34

Thank you kindly,
Bravo! I love this character and you did a brilliant job.

Section 3 is PL OK with one exception. The volume is a little high at 93dB.

Carolin,
I can't commit to DPL but, until you are claimed, I'll be back for more when I can.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you, Linny.
Ms. Hamilton is QUITE upset, and how could one blame her? I've only found a very rough estimate of the royalties of which she's been cheated ...
but it seems to be close to $30,000 in today's currency!
I've thought a couple of times in listening to myself "WELL! That's strident!" ... but in the reality, I would THUNDER over my money! *Laugh*

I will bring the volume down by 2 or 3 dBs.
Too, I just noted a significant volume change in my pickups (due to recording in two environments), so will be glad to go in and fix those as well.
It may take until late this evening, so I appreciate your patience ... and thank you for taking the time to listen, especially because it's a long section.

Regards,
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

*Blush* My apology. At first, I read "section 8" was too loud.
Umm ... so, here's Section THREE, de-amped.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/battleofthebooks_03_hamilton_128kb.mp3 35:34

Carolin, I'll still correct Section 8 (the pickups are jarringly different) and will re-upload.

Thanks to all; the teamwork here can be quite satisfying!
~Angelique
linny

Post by linny »

Angelique,
I am relieved you misread and thought I was referring to another section. I thought my ears were lying because I did not notice a volume difference within the recording.

When there are multiple readers, I do attempt to PL in the same order as submissions. Since you are currently the only reader awaiting PL I did not scan the thread and figured I would start at the beginning. I am sorry for the confusion.

Section three is spot check PL OK.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Ah, yes, Linny.
That makes perfectly good sense. Oddly, I was reading your note and looking at another section 8.
The apology, of course, is mine.
We have it now, though, so all is well.
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :D
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

BurgundyGrace wrote: January 1st, 2019, 1:35 pm Battle of the Books, Section 4: Declaration of War

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/battleofthebooks_04_hamilton_128kb.mp3 28.36

Thank you.
Of course. *Smile*
Angelique,
I really enjoy your voice work. :9:

PL ok with the exception of the sampling rate.

The sampling rate should be 44.1kHz (44,100) Hz). It’s currently 48,000 Hz.
linny

Post by linny »

BurgundyGrace wrote: January 7th, 2019, 3:23 pm Section 7: RENEWAL of Hostilities, Part 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/battleofthebooks_07_hamilton_128kb.mp3 36.49
0:26 - Missing part number from section title - "A Battle of the Books, by Gail Hamilton. Renewal of Hostilities, part 1"

18:41 editing - as referenced ta to in the proceeding

Please trim ending silence to ~5 seconds. It’s currently ~6 and I only mention it since there are other PL notes.
The point is—now do squinny up your eyes and try to see it, there's a dear, you cannot think how nice it feels not to be stupid
:lol:

BurgundyGrace wrote: January 7th, 2019, 3:23 pmI have to say ... there are some VERY odd phrasings throughout this book. *Laugh*
I had to go through and research and still look *PUZZLED!* because I've no real clue, even now, as to what
"Fritzez being good at 'figgures'" means!
If anyone does know, kindly illuminate me. HaHaHa!
Fritz is good at math. :wink:
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Here is the re-up of Section 4, in at 28.36

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/battleofthebooks_04_hamilton_128kb.mp3

Now, for Sommmeee strange reason, this did NOT want to go back to 44.1 hz through preferences, but I was finally able to reset it, (and de-amped a little, too.)

So! I THOUGHT that I was going to just re-up both corrected recordings at once, but LAWD! I'll just do it this way, to avoid further confusing myself!
It's done, let me get it to LV NOW! *Laugh*

Thanks for the compliment, Linny!
Sometimes, I sit there and think "Well! *I* like it ... but it may sound quite strange to someone else!"
Your validation in that regard is especially appreciated.

Too, I decided to wait to correct the pickups on section 8 until after it's been PL'd ... if there are other mistakes, I can just do it all at once, instead of uploading 3 or 4 times ... thereby again confusing us all! *Blush*

Thank you for the great notes, Linny; you make it easy to find and fix ... and besides, I don't want to listen to this another three times. *GRIN*

BIG Appreciation!
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Re-upload of Section 7
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/battleofthebooks_07_hamilton_128kb.mp3 with time of 36:50

(Which at first seemed WRONG to me, as it adds a second, whereas I edited out a second of silence, but added time in the vocal pickup. It works out. I think. Hope. )

Thank you for catching all of this, Linny!
The point is—now do squinny up your eyes and try to see it, there's a dear, you cannot think how nice it feels not to be stupid
Indeed. In the deep text analysis, I noticed that for about every third time Mr. Dane insults her, she'll come back in and *CHUNK* him a good retort! :lol:
*Whyyyy, Flirtation Via Verbal Combat!*
I had to record that about four time because I was laughing.

Yes, I "reckoned" that Fritz was Mathmagician, but still, I looked up everything I could think of in order to learn to find the cultural reference.
I mean, is Fritz related to Mrs. Gumpy, or Mr. Porcupine and to the others she mentions?
Are Fritz and Fred bank robbers?
What *exactly* is going on here, Ms. Hamilton? *LAUGH*
Well, then I decided they could just keep their little secrets ... So I SAY, but *sigh* I'll be looking for this reference for the rest of my life!

Thank you again for taking the time to listen to these long sections (and read my diatribes here.
Soon, I shall be quiet, so as to not take up forum space.)
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both so much :D
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

I have a very busy day today so I likely won't get to section 8.

Sections 4 and 7 are both spot check PL OK. :D
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thanks, Linny.
There is no rush; I only hope you will be able to PL it sometime. *Smile*
~Angelique
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much linny :D
Carolin