[COMPLETE] The World’s Famous Orations, Vol. V: Great Britain III -ck/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

aniroo wrote: February 12th, 2019, 10:20 am
Ariphron wrote: February 8th, 2019, 11:09 pm Section 8, "On the Desertion of Gordon in Egypt" by Salisbury (19:34)

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_08_various_128kb.mp3

SEction 8 PL NOte

Nicely done and there is just one tiny detail to take care of . Although you read the footnote on page 109 at around 1:28. You fail to identify it as a footnote. You did it correctly for the following footnotes, so I'm guessing it was just an oversight. Footnotes: Please do read the footnotes. They should be announced with "Footnote: ... End of Footnote". Should you find a footnote entirely unintersting, check with us to see if we can omit it. Thanks!

I like the pacing of your reading and the fact that it sounds "speechy."

thanks,
aniroo

Section 8 PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks again,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Carolin,

Section 2 is ready for PL. Duration is 26:21.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_02_various_128kb.mp3

I'll have Section 12 for you Monday.

Sorry for the delay. I'll turn it around faster next time, I promise.

Peter
The Story of a Movie is a "making-of" featurette for your ears.
maddiefrommelb

Post by maddiefrommelb »

Had technical difficulties but just got a mic and completed the test today.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Hello, I would like Section 18 On the Policy of the Liberal Party

Tactics! Ladies and Gentlemen. Tactics!!
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Carolin,

Section 12 is ready for PL. Duration is 18:54.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_12_various_128kb.mp3

I took way too long getting around to this. I'll be more professional next time.

Peter
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :D

Peter, nothing to worry about :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Carolin wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 7:43 am
maddiefrommelb wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 2:27 am Hi Carolin,

I’m a first timer, grateful for these interesting yet shorter pieces to contribute to. Can I sign for 6 and 13. If they go ok I’d also like to put my hand up for 19 but I will make sure it all works with 6 & 13 first.

Regards

M
hi and welcome to librivox! you are welcome to participate in this project. as this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. to be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear int he catalog. we can also link to your personal website or blog.

please also complete the one minute test before getting started :) thank you!
Hi maddie, i hadnt signed you up because you didnt get back to me about your catalog page. If you provide this information i can sign you up for any sections that are now available.

Thank you for posting your test recording. Please see the comments on it, it needs some small fixes :) thank you!
Carolin
tpzahm

Post by tpzahm »

Hi. I posted chapter 1 a while ago, but failed to post a note here. It's located at:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_01_various_128kb.mp3

The recording is 21 min., 27 sec. long.

I had to re-record portions to get rid of the clicks.

There remains a little problem, though -- About half-way through, the audio characteristics change between one section and another. I suspect it's an artifact of my attempts to remove the clicks in the original recording..

If you'd like, I'd be glad to re-record the first half, but I wanted to get it to you as it stands since I've been slow.

Please advise.

Cordially,
T. P. Zahm
maddiefrommelb

Post by maddiefrommelb »

Carolin wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:18 am
Carolin wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 7:43 am
maddiefrommelb wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 2:27 am Hi Carolin,

I’m a first timer, grateful for these interesting yet shorter pieces to contribute to. Can I sign for 6 and 13. If they go ok I’d also like to put my hand up for 19 but I will make sure it all works with 6 & 13 first.

Regards

M
hi and welcome to librivox! you are welcome to participate in this project. as this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. to be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear int he catalog. we can also link to your personal website or blog.

please also complete the one minute test before getting started :) thank you!
Hi maddie, i hadnt signed you up because you didnt get back to me about your catalog page. If you provide this information i can sign you up for any sections that are now available.

Thank you for posting your test recording. Please see the comments on it, it needs some small fixes :) thank you!
My apologies Carolin, I am still getting used to the processes. If you don't mind clarifying, can the pseudonym be my name, Madeleine C. Forster?
Please can I do no. 20 Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman - His 'The Duma Is Dead: Long Live the Duma' Speech
Thanks in advance also if my first go requires any back and forward to get it up to scratch.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

SEction 2 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap:

Thanks
aniroo
maddiefrommelb

Post by maddiefrommelb »

[/quote]

My apologies Carolin, I am still getting used to the processes. If you don't mind clarifying, can the pseudonym be my name, Madeleine C. Forster?
Please can I do no. 20 Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman - His 'The Duma Is Dead: Long Live the Duma' Speech
Thanks in advance also if my first go requires any back and forward to get it up to scratch.
[/quote]

Follow up: not covering myself in glory, it is no. 19, not no. 20.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

PeterBlock wrote: March 10th, 2019, 11:38 pm Carolin,

Section 12 is ready for PL. Duration is 18:54.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_12_various_128kb.mp3

I took way too long getting around to this. I'll be more professional next time.

Peter
SEction 12 PL NOte; First of all, I really enjoy listening to you read. I understand the text better because you clearly understand what you are reading and make it sound that it is something you also believe in. Maybe that's because you choose sections that you find agreeable, maybe you're just that good.

The Note rather than the PL OK is because of one tiny detail that I'm not even sure if it's important,but you left out the Section number in the intro. SEction #12 of >>>>Orations.

Thanks,
aniroo
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Aniroo,

Thanks for your note on Section 12. Looking at my script, I see why I did that. Because of how I typed it with "Section 12" looking like a title instead of part of the narration. (Maybe you'd have to be here.) Anyway, it's entirely my fault.

I'll fix it and upload it again. Do I assign a new filename to the new upload? If I use the same filename, it may overwrite the other one--which I guess is okay, right?

Thanks for your kind words. I was on the radio for a while, and I'm a bit of an actor. (In 1982 I was on the air at KERR in Polson, Montana, which may be near you.)

Peter
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

PeterBlock wrote: March 12th, 2019, 10:14 am Aniroo,

Thanks for your note on Section 12. Looking at my script, I see why I did that. Because of how I typed it with "Section 12" looking like a title instead of part of the narration. (Maybe you'd have to be here.) Anyway, it's entirely my fault.

I'll fix it and upload it again. Do I assign a new filename to the new upload? If I use the same filename, it may overwrite the other one--which I guess is okay, right?

Thanks for your kind words. I was on the radio for a while, and I'm a bit of an actor. (In 1982 I was on the air at KERR in Polson, Montana, which may be near you.)

Peter
Us the same file name. You might want to keep a copy somewhere else or rename your copy? I live in the extreme south east corner of the state, about as far away as you can get and still be in Montana. :D

aniroo