[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 10 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

SkyRider wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 6:00 am Section 6 Spot PL OK! :clap:

Would that game be Tales of the Arabian Nights by Eric Goldberg? I love that game but don't find other players for it very often.
Yes! My friends and I don't play it often, but it's created some of my favorite gaming memories, for sure! :)
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Paul,
I've fixed the intros/outros of my sections, they're ready for spot PL! :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
safasofia

Post by safasofia »

Hello, I'd really love to sign up for a chapter, but unfortunately Project Gutenberg is blocked in Germany. Until I set up my VPN, would anyone be kind enough to export the book as a PDF for me? Then I can find a chapter I'm able to read well. Thank you so much in advance!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

safasofia wrote: January 7th, 2019, 11:05 am Hello, I'd really love to sign up for a chapter, but unfortunately Project Gutenberg is blocked in Germany. Until I set up my VPN, would anyone be kind enough to export the book as a PDF for me? Then I can find a chapter I'm able to read well. Thank you so much in advance!
I've uploaded the book as html and as a zipped html here: http://ge.tt/18uZ4ot2

Can you download the text from there?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
safasofia

Post by safasofia »

TriciaG wrote: January 7th, 2019, 11:15 am
I've uploaded the book as html and as a zipped html here: http://ge.tt/18uZ4ot2

Can you download the text from there?
Yes, thank you! It worked :clap:
safasofia

Post by safasofia »

Hello! May I sign up for Terminal Essay (#14 on the list)? I'd like to take more but I'll start there. The name I'd like to display in the catalogue is "Safa Ghnaim". :)
Foon

Post by Foon »

safasofia wrote: January 7th, 2019, 12:18 pm Hello! May I sign up for Terminal Essay (#14 on the list)? I'd like to take more but I'll start there. The name I'd like to display in the catalogue is "Safa Ghnaim". :)
Absolutely! I've signed you up, you now have a brand new catalog page which can be found here: https://librivox.org/reader/13033

Please read through the information in the first post, and just ask if you have any questions. We're all here to help :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

<puzzled look> I thought I'd posted something to say Foon's intros and outtros spot PLed OK but I can't see the message. I hope I haven't posted to the wrong thread... :oops:
safasofia

Post by safasofia »

Hello!

I've recorded section 14. You can find it at this link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_14_anonymous_128kb.mp3
It's 7 minutes and 12 seconds.

Please let me know openly if there's anything I should change, or if I should re-record. This is my first recording after the 1-minute test! :birthday:
Foon

Post by Foon »

safasofia wrote: January 9th, 2019, 12:38 pm Hello!

I've recorded section 14. You can find it at this link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_14_anonymous_128kb.mp3
It's 7 minutes and 12 seconds.

Please let me know openly if there's anything I should change, or if I should re-record. This is my first recording after the 1-minute test! :birthday:
First of all, congrats on submitting your first recording! :clap:

I've placed it in the magic window, so our prooflistener will know it's ready. Please stay tuned if he has any comments! :)

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Hi safasofia. For a first read that was really good - considerably better than my first reading, for sure. There are a couple of small edits it would be great if you could make.

At the end, the "End of The Book of..." sentence is just for reading at the end of the last section. if you could snip that sentence out it would be great.

Since I'm asking you to do an edit anyway, could I also ask you to trip the silence at the start by a very small amount (say a quarter of a second) too? We normally ask for a gap of 0.5-1.0 seconds at the start and this is just a fraction over at 1.1s. If that had been the only thing it wouldn't have been worth bothering with, but since you're having to re-edit anyway it would be neater to deal with that too.

The other thing to do is to drop the volume slightly - amplifying by -2dB will be about right. To make sure the chapters are similar volumes for a listener listening to consecutive sections we look for a loudness (as measured by Replaygain) between 87 and 91 and this comes in just a touch high at 91.9.

Please don't be discouraged by these comments. Your voice is clear and the narration is easy to listen to.

Thanks,
Paul
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Paul!

Readers needed:
safasofia

Post by safasofia »

Thank you, Paul! Actually, I'd say that's pretty good feedback! I'll make the updates in the next couple of days. Let me know openly if there's anything else!
MrMike79

Post by MrMike79 »

Greetings! I have finished section 7. It is 10:33. I'm recording this with a rode nt1a condenser mic through a Scarlett Focusrite solo interface (2nd gen). I'm having to re-do my editing/masteringn process because using this mic is very different from the Blue Yeti I had been using, so I'd appreciate any technical feedback you may have.
Thank you,

Mike G.
:D

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume10_07_anonymous_128kb.mp3
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Mike! :thumbs:

Readers needed: