COMPLETE The Three Commanders by WHG Kingston-ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
carolyn1987

Post by carolyn1987 »

Hi,

Can I do this please?:

27 Chapter Twenty 7,600 - Green returns without Higson and Tom—Jack goes in search of them—Colonel Paskiewich’s House—Higson and Tom captured by Cossacks—Tom’s Escape—Miss Feodorowna’s Joy—The Fort blown up—The Mosquito Fleet—Gallant Exploit of Captain Lyons—Jack heads Expedition Inland—Escape. Open

Can I just check, on the text to read from, do you read the paragraph in bold below the Chapter number?
Eg. Green returns without Higson and Tom—Jack goes in search of them—Colonel Paskiewich’s House—Higson and Tom captured by Cossacks—Tom’s Escape—Miss Feodorowna’s Joy—The Fort blown up—The Mosquito Fleet—Gallant Exploit of Captain Lyons—Jack heads Expedition Inland—Escape.

Or do you start from this bit:
Murray and Rogers had been employed during the day in removing the guns from the fort, while Adair and his party watched over the prisoners. It was their intention to blow it up, but they were unwilling to do this until the return of the boats. Evening was approaching, and as they had not yet made their appearance, Jack became somewhat anxious as to what might have happened to them. The smoke rising from the conflagration of the stores and vessels could be discerned in the far distance, so that it was evident that they had accomplished their work; but it was possible that some disaster might afterwards have happened to them. Jack accordingly went on board the Giaour to consult with Murray, who agreed to send up a couple of his boats at daybreak the next morning to search for those under Higson, and to negotiate for his and his party’s release, should they have been taken prisoners. Jack begged that he might lead the expedition himself, to which Murray willingly agreed.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

If I can help with PL, just let me know. I know how busy things get.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

carolyn1987 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 2:47 pm Can I just check, on the text to read from, do you read the paragraph in bold below the Chapter number?
Eg. Green returns without Higson and Tom—Jack goes in search of them—Colonel Paskiewich’s House—Higson and Tom captured by Cossacks—Tom’s Escape—Miss Feodorowna’s Joy—The Fort blown up—The Mosquito Fleet—Gallant Exploit of Captain Lyons—Jack heads Expedition Inland—Escape.
Carolin told me to skip these kind of lines. I don't know what to call them. A kind of Table of Contents? Anyway, I skipped mine.
carolyn1987

Post by carolyn1987 »

KevinS wrote: March 13th, 2021, 10:41 am
carolyn1987 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 2:47 pm Can I just check, on the text to read from, do you read the paragraph in bold below the Chapter number?
Carolin told me to skip these kind of lines. I don't know what to call them. A kind of Table of Contents? Anyway, I skipped mine.

Thank you for the reply :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all! :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

KevinS wrote: March 13th, 2021, 10:38 am If I can help with PL, just let me know. I know how busy things get.
Thats very kind :9: ill check with kiki to see what is needed :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

carolyn1987 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 2:47 pm Hi,

Can I do this please?:

27 Chapter Twenty 7,600 - Green returns without Higson and Tom—Jack goes in search of them—Colonel Paskiewich’s House—Higson and Tom captured by Cossacks—Tom’s Escape—Miss Feodorowna’s Joy—The Fort blown up—The Mosquito Fleet—Gallant Exploit of Captain Lyons—Jack heads Expedition Inland—Escape. Open

Can I just check, on the text to read from, do you read the paragraph in bold below the Chapter number?

Murray and Rogers had been employed during the day in removing the guns from the fort, while Adair and his party watched over the prisoners. It was their intention to blow it up, but they were unwilling to do this until the return of the boats. Evening was approaching, and as they had not yet made their appearance, Jack became somewhat anxious as to what might have happened to them. The smoke rising from the conflagration of the stores and vessels could be discerned in the far distance, so that it was evident that they had accomplished their work; but it was possible that some disaster might afterwards have happened to them. Jack accordingly went on board the Giaour to consult with Murray, who agreed to send up a couple of his boats at daybreak the next morning to search for those under Higson, and to negotiate for his and his party’s release, should they have been taken prisoners. Jack begged that he might lead the expedition himself, to which Murray willingly agreed.
Hi carolyn welcome to this project!
Section 27 was claimed a little before you posted, can i interest you in another section instead?

We skip the table of contents indeed, it is helpful to see what might be expected in the chapter but it needs not be included in the recording :) thank you kevin for clarifying already :thumbs:
Carolin
carolyn1987

Post by carolyn1987 »

Carolin wrote: March 14th, 2021, 4:01 am
carolyn1987 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 2:47 pm Hi,

Can I do this please?:

Hi carolyn welcome to this project!
Section 27 was claimed a little before you posted, can i interest you in another section instead?

We skip the table of contents indeed, it is helpful to see what might be expected in the chapter but it needs not be included in the recording :) thank you kevin for clarifying already :thumbs:
Hi,
Ah no problem. Can I try Section 32, Chapter 23 please instead?
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Hi, everyone!
I would like to continue PLing this. I really enjoy the book. I will catch up with PLing over the next few days.

Thank you for your patience with me.

Kristine :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Section 8 is PL OK! :clap:
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Section 28: repeat at around 34:26 "Indeed,.... "
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you kristine :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

carolyn1987 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 10:47 am Hi,
Ah no problem. Can I try Section 32, Chapter 23 please instead?
absolutely, i have signed you up! enjoy this section and please let us know if you have any questions! :)
Carolin
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kikisaulite wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:03 pm Section 28: repeat at around 34:26 "Indeed,.... "
Here is the edited file for section 28

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/commanders_28_kingston_128kb.mp3

Time: 34:35
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi