[COMPLETE]From Ritual to Romance by Jessie L. Weston-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: February 20th, 2021, 1:32 pmOh wow, it's old French??? :shock: I thought some of it looked kind of like French, but not quite. Maybe that's what I was seeing?
some poems definitely are OLD French, yes. Some are also Old German ;) but I can deal with that.
EDIT: Would you be willing to have your recording inserted into someone else's chapter? Maybe with a voice credit at the beginning of the chapter: "French and German portions read by Sonia"? I, for one, wouldn't want to try to copy someone else's pronunciation for a long segment like that, although I don't mind it for a phrase or sentence.
yes it's as the reader wishes really. If they want to copy the pronunciation I can give them the sample, if they prefer me to do it, I can clean it up better for public use. As long as I only have to do the poems :lol: I definitely don't want to read such long chapters.

Just post in here whenever someone needs something and I try to record it as soon as I can.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Fantastic, thank you so much! What a load off my mind! :9:
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Section 1 is fluently PL OK.
The few non-standard pronunciations do not prevent recognition of the intended word/phrase.
Recording is 100% clear and blemish-free.

Regards
Martin
schrm

Post by schrm »

Heyho,

may i claim 3 Freeing the Waters pls 🙂

Cheers,
Wolfi
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

schrm wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:59 pm Heyho,

may i claim 3 Freeing the Waters pls 🙂

Cheers,
Wolfi
Sounds perfect, thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, I decided I would go ahead and pick up the preface myself. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

schrm wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:59 pm may i claim 3 Freeing the Waters pls 🙂
haha, well I know at least I don't have to record the German poems for you. :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Kitty wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:37 am
schrm wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:59 pm may i claim 3 Freeing the Waters pls 🙂
haha, well I know at least I don't have to record the German poems for you. :mrgreen:

Sonia
well, as devorah and you wrote already, my thoughts were along these lines. yes..

and i' really interested into the running waters (panta rhei) pagan (and hindi) aspects of the king arthur myths.

or so?

:D

(and then, i don't know about middle or old english at all, to be honest.)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
omegasarai

Post by omegasarai »

i would like to do section 11 the secret of the grail
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

omegasarai wrote: February 28th, 2021, 7:28 pm i would like to do section 11 the secret of the grail
Welcome! I'm so sorry that I missed this post yesterday when I was checking up on my projects! Turns out I didn't have it properly bookmarked. :oops:

I would be happy to have you read for this project! Before you get started, though, please complete your 1-minute test to make sure that your settings are correct. It's best to address any problems of that nature before you put in the time and effort to read and edit an entire chapter. :wink:

What name would you like to use in our catalogue? It can be your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym.
Steve

Post by Steve »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Steve wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 11:36 am Chapter 6 uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/fromritualtoromance_06_weston_128kb.mp3

Duration: 37:41

Cheers

Steve
Thank you! This is in the MW. :)
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Section 06 is PL OK throughout.
Happiness1

Post by Happiness1 »

Good day

Im brand new but really keen to start somewhere. I see the The Author part is still up for grabs. Could I be assigned that section please. Im happy to go under the name Dawn.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Happiness1 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 3:00 am Good day

Im brand new but really keen to start somewhere. I see the The Author part is still up for grabs. Could I be assigned that section please. Im happy to go under the name Dawn.
Welcome to LibriVox! It's great that you are eager to get started!

Before you begin recording sections of a book, you should make sure that all of your equipment is set up correctly by completing a quick test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

In the meantime, I can hold on to section 14 for you. It's a bit long for your first submission. (Not that we have requirements about that, but a lot of new folks prefer to start with short selections.) 5400 words will come out to about 35-40 minutes, give or take. When you factor in the time it takes to record and edit out any stumbles, you're probably looking at up to 2 hours of time working on it. I say this not to discourage you, but so that you know in advance what you're up against. :)

Again, welcome! And let me know if I can help you in any way as you get started here! :D