[Complete] The Tale of Kiddie Katydid by Arthur Scott Bailey - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Hi JNGraber - You have a very nice reading voice, and congrats on your first reading. :clap: :clap: There are just two issues to correct.

Chapter 12:

3:15: Incorrect word: "for you by the finest tailor in Pleasant Valley" is read "for you by the finest tailor in Present Valley"

Larry has already mention in his post that the background noise is quite loud and has given his suggestions (which I fully second), and I'll add a wonderful link that Phil has created for just this purpose as well: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noise_Cleaning which goes into exactly how to clean your audio. I had an old wooden desk that I used to use and it amplified the sound of the computer fan, I had to move the microphone further away from the computer on a separate area of the desk and used cloth to dampen the sound both underneath the microphone and by the fan.
ivanyuan

Post by ivanyuan »

May I have 14, 15, and 16?
readerBC

Post by readerBC »

Hi, I posted a while back but wasn't sure if you saw? Anyway, this is the complete section 6 :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kiddiekatydid_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 length: 3.45 mins
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ivanyuan wrote: November 10th, 2018, 4:37 am May I have 14, 15, and 16?
You are in for these chapters.
Thank you!
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

readerBC wrote: November 10th, 2018, 3:15 pm Hi, I posted a while back but wasn't sure if you saw? Anyway, this is the complete section 6 :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kiddiekatydid_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 length: 3.45 mins
I certainly may have missed this, so thanks!
Now in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
ivanyuan

Post by ivanyuan »

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I will fix my section today. (Probably rerecord, since I'm sure you're right that I accidentally reduced the noise twice.) Weekends are Librivox time now that I'm gainfully employed. :D

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
celesteinne

Post by celesteinne »

Hi! I am new here and I would like to read the section 18 - The Two Grasshoppers.

- Celesteinne
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

celesteinne wrote: November 11th, 2018, 2:49 pm Hi! I am new here and I would like to read the section 18 - The Two Grasshoppers.

- Celesteinne
That would be nice, but we do request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to make sure all the technical aspects are set up correctly. I would suggest reading the Newbie Guide to Recording, a link for which you will find in the initial post of this thread, and follow the directions there concerning this recording.

Once you have the official OK, post back here and let me know how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog. Many of us just use our real names, but you are free to choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish.

All the best!
~ Larry
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 6: Please trim beginning to no more than 1 second, there are 2 seconds currently.
:24 - please change "Chapter 6" to the title of the chapter which is FREDDIE FIREFLY'S DISCOVERY
While your end there, you have 6 seconds at the end, just trim it down to 5 seconds.

Great job! :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

These are in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
readerBC

Post by readerBC »

Here is the edited version of chapter 6 :D :

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kiddiekatydid_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 length: 3.44 mins
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

readerBC wrote: November 14th, 2018, 12:52 pm Here is the edited version of chapter 6 :D :

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kiddiekatydid_06_bailey_128kb.mp3 length: 3.44 mins
Thanks.
In the MW Ready for Spot PL.
~ Larry
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Awesome, I will get to these over the next few days.