[Complete] The Tale of Kiddie Katydid by Arthur Scott Bailey - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

I would like to read Section 17.
Aleacia Messiah
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

TroubleATM wrote: November 5th, 2018, 10:19 pm I would like to read Section 17.
That would be great!
We do ask our new readers, however, first to complete a one-minute test recording.
You can find details on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. I suggest you read this thoroughly. The link for this in in the initial post of this, and every, project forum.

Once you have the offical "OK" of this recording, post again here, and be sure to let me know how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog. Many of us use our real names, but you may choose any pseudonym or nick name that you wish.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
jngraber

Post by jngraber »

I would like 12 and 13
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jngraber wrote: November 6th, 2018, 11:26 am I would like 12 and 13
Sure, that would be great!
I see you've worked on you one-minute test, so you're good to go.
I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Many of just use our real names, but you are free to choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish. Then, I'll add you to the catalog and assign these sections to you.
~ Larry
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

I'm here, I'll get to these soon.
jngraber

Post by jngraber »

silverquill wrote: November 6th, 2018, 10:05 pm
jngraber wrote: November 6th, 2018, 11:26 am I would like 12 and 13
Sure, that would be great!
I see you've worked on you one-minute test, so you're good to go.
I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. Many of just use our real names, but you are free to choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish. Then, I'll add you to the catalog and assign these sections to you.
You can list me as JNGraber. Thanks, Jill
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, you are in the Catalog and have these sections to read.
Just click on your name in the MW to see your personal LV catalog page. This is where you can track all of you LV projects.
~ Larry
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

silverquill wrote: November 5th, 2018, 11:09 pm
That would be great!
We do ask our new readers, however, first to complete a one-minute test recording.
You can find details on how to do this in the Newbie Guide to Recording. I suggest you read this thoroughly. The link for this in in the initial post of this, and every, project forum.

Once you have the official "OK" of this recording, post again here, and be sure to let me know how you would like to be listed in the LV catalog. Many of us use our real names, but you may choose any pseudonym or nickname that you wish.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Sonia has given me the official OK of my recording. I would like to be listed under my name Aleacia Messiah.
Aleacia Messiah
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

OK, you are all set up in the LV catalog, and I've assigned this section to you.
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page where you can track all of your LV projects.

Welcome! :clap:
~ Larry
jngraber

Post by jngraber »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kiddiekatydid_12_bailey.mp3

track length 4:46 Chapter 12

This is my first time doing a recording and I'm hoping I didn't miss any steps! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jngraber wrote: November 8th, 2018, 6:38 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/kiddiekatydid_12_bailey.mp3

track length 4:46 Chapter 12

This is my first time doing a recording and I'm hoping I didn't miss any steps! :D
Great!
Our DPL will be along later to give the full proofing, but your specs check out, and the reading sounds really good. The background hum, however, is quite loud and distracting. This recording could be greatly improved by some noise reduction. Audacity does a nice job of this. I used the ending silence as the sample and set the level to 12, but still had to run it twice to get the necessary cleaning.

You might try changing your recording set up so that mike is further from the computer, or shielded some way. I use a home=made sound box, but still routinely run noise reduction on all my recordings.
~ Larry
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

silverquill wrote: November 8th, 2018, 11:44 am
OK, you are all set up in the LV catalog, and I've assigned this section to you.
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page where you can track all of your LV projects.

Welcome! :clap:
I'm reading through the text and I notice there are several different characters. Am I allowed to do different voices for each of them, or should I just stick with my natural voice?
Aleacia Messiah
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yes, different, voices are certainly most welcome!
I'm not so good with the, but please feel free to be vocally creative. :D
~ Larry
Rainee

Post by Rainee »

I'd like to read at least two chapters of this.
XIV. Kiddie Keeps His Promise
XV. Benjamin Bat's Plan

As this is my first contribution, I don't want to say the next chapter until I've at least done one of these!

XVI.A Noisy Crowd (potential as well)

(I'll be practicing until you tell me you've assigned me!)
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Hi Nan! Once again great reading!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Chapter 21 and 22 - PL OK!
Chapter 23 - 0:16 - Missing part of the disclaimer: The Tale of Kiddie Katydid, by Arthur Scott Bailey.

Just a quick note on Chapter 22, I know you were looking into getting a new microphone, and I am not sure if you did, but the audio seemed a little more compressed or you used noise reduction several times on it and it sounded a little more squashed than I am used to hearing with your recordings. It wasn't anything to be really concerned with, but I wanted to mention it. The other two chapters, 21 and 23 sounded better in that regard.