COMPLETE [ESSAYS] Twentieth Century Negro Literature-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

mightyfelix wrote: November 8th, 2018, 9:31 pm Nice job, Mari. That was a tough section! It is PL ok as is. The ending sounded fine to me, too, so no need to change anything. I've added sections 25 and 26 for you. Thanks so much! :D
Thanks, I figured it only made sense for me to complete the entire topic, so since, section 23 is PL ok , I'll do the rest within that topic. Thanks so much!

-Mari
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

I would like Lena Mason's poems, sections 95 and 96.
Mike
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Hello,

I just uploaded section 24 (Topic 7, 2nd paper)

file:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/negroliterature_24_culp_128.mp3

duration: 9 mins. 37 sec.

-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, quite a lot has happened here while I was away for the weekend! I think I've updated the MW thoroughly, but let me know if I missed something. Busy day today, so I won't be able to PL for a day or two.

Also, I've just noticed that the file names are incorrect for the files submitted thus far. The numbers in each file name need to be three digits, since we have 100 sections, so they should include leading zeros. (021, for instance, rather than 21) If there are no other corrections, this can be fixed in cataloguing, but it's easier on our BC if she doesn't have to fix it. After I PL, if there are needed corrections, I'll ask you to reupload with the correct numbering.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 24:

About 0:31-0:35 delete "Rev John B. L. Williams, D.D." This is the caption of the photograph, and we don't need to include image captions. Besides that, his name is repeated both before and after this. Three in a row sounds pretty excessive. :wink:

Be sure when you re-upload that you number the section 024, not just 24. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent readings, Mike! I really enjoyed them!

Your volume is a tad high, though. Please decrease the volume of both of these by about 3 dB and re-upload. When you do, remember to use leading zeros in your section numbering (095 and 096). Thanks! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

I uploaded Section 2 on November 3rd, but it is still showing in my Reader Details as Assigned. It's been two weeks, and not in the MW yet. Is there a problem with my file?
soupy

Post by soupy »

Reuploaded my reading with 3 digits
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

msfry wrote: November 16th, 2018, 2:32 pm I uploaded Section 2 on November 3rd, but it is still showing in my Reader Details as Assigned. It's been two weeks, and not in the MW yet. Is there a problem with my file?
Nope, I just completely forgot about it! :shock: Terribly sorry about that. :oops: I'm at work until midnight tonight, but I swear I will update and PL it tomorrow. If you don't see a change in 24 hours from now, pester me until you do!
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

mightyfelix wrote: November 16th, 2018, 1:08 pm Section 24:

About 0:31-0:35 delete "Rev John B. L. Williams, D.D." This is the caption of the photograph, and we don't need to include image captions. Besides that, his name is repeated both before and after this. Three in a row sounds pretty excessive. :wink:

Be sure when you re-upload that you number the section 024, not just 24. :)

Hello,
Thanks for letting me know about this, when I copy pasted the text to read, it didn't include the caption photograph, so I couldn't quite remember why the name was listed so many times :hmm:

I have made the suggested corrections and also edited the file name to read 024 instead of 24.

Here is the new uploaded file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/negroliterature_024_culp_128.mp3

File duration is now 9 mins. 32 sec.

-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks. PL ok now!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

soupy wrote: November 16th, 2018, 6:13 pm Reuploaded my reading with 3 digits
Got it. I've updated the MW, thanks.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

mightyfelix wrote: November 16th, 2018, 1:21 pm
Excellent readings, Mike! I really enjoyed them!

Your volume is a tad high, though. Please decrease the volume of both of these by about 3 dB and re-upload. When you do, remember to use leading zeros in your section numbering (095 and 096). Thanks! :D
OK, lowered the volume.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/negroliterature_095_culp_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/negroliterature_096_culp_128kb.mp3
Mike
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »