[COMPLETE] K. by Mary Roberts Rinehart - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

Here is the revealing chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_rinehart_128k.mp3
duration: 15:36

I think there was a annotation at 11:11, which I omitted.
The text given is:
"Sidney fell into the river. "

This was a demanding reading. Maybe it would be better if I stay with short stories for the moment.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks - you're the first to submit your chapter, so don't sell yourself short! ;)

Also, this is why I put the word counts in the MW - chapters 8 and 24 are shorter ones, if you wanted to read something shorter?
linhmb

Post by linhmb »

Could I read chapter 6?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 6 is quite long for a first read, I'd suggest Chapter 8 as a better choice...

In any case before recording anything for a project please do your 1 min test as detailed in your welcome email or in the introductory forum and Wiki.

Once your test is OK, please come back here and confirm which chapter you would like to read. This is a long book, there will still be chapters for you! ;)
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

MickyMe wrote: August 20th, 2018, 11:34 pm Here is the revealing chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_rinehart_128k.mp3
duration: 15:36

I think there was a annotation at 11:11, which I omitted.
The text given is:
"Sidney fell into the river. "

This was a demanding reading. Maybe it would be better if I stay with short stories for the moment.
I think you read marvelously. Even with such a demanding read, I hope you will continue, as you have a great reading voice! There is just a few things to correct:

There are a few longer pauses, most are just under where I would mention them:
11:08, there is a 3.5 second pause that needs to be shortened. As a listener, it's can get confusing with longer pauses.
At 13:38, there is a double word that is not in the text - it reads "It occurred at one moment" and I heard "it occurred at....at one moment."

**Just a question for Elizabby, I notice you already have a note on the file name, but there is also not the chapter number, should he add it, so it's k_05_rinehart_128kb.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes please do add the "0" in front of the chapter number! It makes the chapters sort themselves correctly for any project with more than 10 chapters.

So the idea is that you (the reader) make the corrections on your original audio file, then you re-export and upload the new file with the new length (and corrected filename) for checking at the time stamps by the DPL. The file length is a quick way to tell if we are looking at the old file or the new one, as the filenames are usually the same, though in this case they won't be.

Hope all is clear - post here with any questions!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just a helpful hint - start making corrections from the end , that way the time stamps will be accurate which does make editing easier
MickyMe

Post by MickyMe »

Here is the revised chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_05_rinehart_128kb.mp3
duration 15:13

correction 1
13:07 "So it occurred that at one moment..."

correction 2
remove one particular long silence, then truncate silence in most of the audio by 80% - an Audacity effect.

correction 3
name file properly: k_05_rinehart_128kb.mp3

Thank you all for your comments and kindness.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! This file is now in the MW for spot checking!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

MickyMe wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 12:52 am Here is the revised chapter 5:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_05_rinehart_128kb.mp3
duration 15:13

correction 1
13:07 "So it occurred that at one moment..."

correction 2
remove one particular long silence, then truncate silence in most of the audio by 80% - an Audacity effect.

correction 3
name file properly: k_05_rinehart_128kb.mp3

Thank you all for your comments and kindness.
That was delightful! I listened to it again! Do consider taking another chapter!

Chapter 5 - Spot PL - OK!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

annise wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 6:45 am Just a helpful hint - start making corrections from the end , that way the time stamps will be accurate which does make editing easier
Great advice!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Chapter 3 recorded. This will be the first recording since I moved at the end of June - I think I have the room acoustics under control and avoided the worst of the cicada din.

Must edit.

Thanks, Todd
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Chapters 8-11 please to read.
Signature: KATHLEEN
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Lovely! Thanks!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: August 26th, 2018, 12:36 pm Chapter 3 recorded. This will be the first recording since I moved at the end of June - I think I have the room acoustics under control and avoided the worst of the cicada din.

Must edit.

Thanks, Todd
But now I have to add getting a new computer and new Audacity into the process as well....

Thanks, Todd