[COMPLETE] K. by Mary Roberts Rinehart - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Elizabby wrote: January 9th, 2019, 4:27 am I'm away from my computer at the moment so I can't listen until next week - what was your question?

(I would not worry about a 0.2dB discrepancy - I don't think the human ear will be able to tell!)
Not a question, just any other recommendations for reducing the fan noise. Maybe we revisit it when you can be one your computer?
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 6, it's definitely better!

Please make sure your file is correctly named, there should be no capitols, so K should be k and Librivox uses two digits for chapter: so the file should be k_06_rinehart_128kb.mp3 so it can be properly cataloged. Also, mentioned before, you'll need to say"Chapter 6" after you say Mary Roberts Rinehart in the disclaimer. (:23 - please add Chapter 6 to the recording since there are no other chapter names) so
Say:
"K, by Mary Roberts Rinehart. [Chapter]" - where [Chapter] is, is where you say Chapter 6.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_29_rinehart_128kb.mp3 Time 15:7

Here is section 28 with volume reduced and noise reduced.

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

Chapter 6 with correx:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_06_rinehart_128kb.mp3
----------------------
jenniferrd wrote: January 9th, 2019, 4:36 am Chapter 6, it's definitely better!

Please make sure your file is correctly named, there should be no capitols, so K should be k and Librivox uses two digits for chapter: so the file should be k_06_rinehart_128kb.mp3 so it can be properly cataloged. Also, mentioned before, you'll need to say"Chapter 6" after you say Mary Roberts Rinehart in the disclaimer. (:23 - please add Chapter 6 to the recording since there are no other chapter names) so
Say:
"K, by Mary Roberts Rinehart. [Chapter]" - where [Chapter] is, is where you say Chapter 6.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

aniroo wrote: January 9th, 2019, 8:45 am https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_29_rinehart_128kb.mp3 Time 15:7

Thanks,
aniroo
Obviously it is Chapter 29 :oops:
aniroo :wink:
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Thanks, I'll try to get to this, this weekend.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

aniroo wrote: January 9th, 2019, 8:45 am https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/k_29_rinehart_128kb.mp3 Time 15:7

Thanks,
aniroo
Hi Aniroo, thanks for making those changes - I think the file is passable now so I'm marking it "PL OK", however the background noise is still quite loud. Next time if you are aware of the fan running (or water or whatever it is) the easiest way to reduce noise is to turn the fan off while recording! The next step is to run noise reduction two or three times over just the section with the noise (not the whole file) as that tends to be the happiest compromise between too much manipulation and too much noise. If you feel like taking another pass at this file just let me know and I'll spot check it again!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

MLC13 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 1:58 pm Chapter 6 with correx:

----------------------
jenniferrd wrote: January 9th, 2019, 4:36 am Chapter 6, it's definitely better!

Say:
Thank you!! Chapter 6 is now PL OK!! :clap:
MLC13

Post by MLC13 »

YAY! Thanks again for your help
--Marylou
jenniferrd wrote: January 13th, 2019, 4:55 pm

----------------------
jenniferrd wrote: January 9th, 2019, 4:36 am
Thank you!! Chapter 6 is now PL OK!! :clap:
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

MLC13 wrote: January 13th, 2019, 5:02 pm YAY! Thanks again for your help
--Marylou
jenniferrd wrote: January 13th, 2019, 4:55 pm

----------------------
You're very welcome. I can't wait to hear what you do next!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

After a series of non-responses to PMs, we have several orphans! MW is now up to date: we have 7 open sections!
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

It’s been a while since I’ve done any LibriVox recording, so I would like to record Section 12.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Welcome back! :)
misspag

Post by misspag »

Hi,

I am responding to an email that was sent by you suggesting that I read chapter 16. I would like to read chapter 16 if that is still open. Let me know....

Thank you!

misspag
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Beth will be on soon and accept your claim
I notice you still have a chapter waiting for you with Huck Finn , so I just wondered if you were a little mixed up about the claiming procedure
In general everything is done in the thread, no one will PM you or email you ss you need to chek the thread . You can set your profile to let you know via email when posts are made in a particular you are interested in , but it will tell you about all posts , not just ones concerning your claim
step 1 you rest a chapter
step 2 you check the thread till it is accepted
step 3 you read the chapter and upload your hopefully finished chapter and post in the thread so the BC knows
step 4 you check the thread to see the PL results
If there are corrections needed you make the edits and do 3 and 4 again

And then you are done

And I think you should tell Huck Finn viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72844&p=1532480#p1532480 what your plans are - it OK to surrender if you wish, no one expects newbies to understand everything

Anne